Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jsilver are you able to answer my question in post number 12
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

@jsilver just echoing lunasicc42, can you describe how you would go about treating sci that have syrinxes and how will the treatment be applied, will it be invasive or an injection?
      "I'm manic as hell-
      But I'm goin' strong-
      Left my meds on the sink again-
      My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

For those reading along the thread that may not know, here is a definition of "syrinx"...
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
          For those reading along the thread that may not know, here is a definition of "syrinx"...

Yes, thanks... And my Syrinx is located really high on my spinal cord and one thing the article didn't mention is that if the Syrinx rises to the level of the spinal cord that regulates breathing it can compromise what independent breathing function I have left and make me vent dependent..... Btw the Syrinx is high enough to affect my breathing (it goes up to like C2) but it hasn't completely compromised the spinal cord at that level, part of that level of the cord is affected but not all of it called "sparing" still allowing me to Breathe on my own, but if that Syrinx decides to get a hair up it's butt, it could rise or enlarge for no apparent reason... (knock on wood)
          Last edited by lunasicc42; 23 Jul 2018, 5:15 PM.

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

jsilver

Congratulations on the funding.

Quick question for you.

A while back you gave an interview on the cure cast podcast where you discuss this peptide.

It was very informative and helpful in getting a better understanding of how this peptide will work.

If I recall correctly, towards the end of the interview you mentioned that it may be possible to get some human testing going very quickly if you are able to find an overseas partner that is in a less litigious country.

https://u2fp.org/get-educated/curecast.html (episode 18)

Is this something that you are actively pursuing?

In terms of human trials and potential availability can you give us any rough time frames?

Thank you for all of your efforts.

They are greatly appreciated.

Comment

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/f6f3a...96c1a516d4.pdf

Comment

To me this article reads like a business or financial news like a 'Financial Post' or The 'Wallstreet Journal' point of view... not an advancement to the technology.

So the Peptide and its creators got sold out to a biotech corp... youpti-doo-dah... so now the biotech corp owns them. Only time will tell if they'll really move forward to benefit the needed soon or all this is to silence this research and other 'intellectual properties" as a write-off expense for tax purposes.... to continue selling dependant drugs.

So if I understand correctly, the "peptide" intellectual property is now owned by NervGen Pharma and its reserchers now work for them under the corp rules. They must of made millions. It sucks if the researchers may not discuss nor perform anything anymore without the approval of NerveGen. Kinda like selling the soul to the devil...
                Last edited by Moe; 15 Aug 2018, 2:38 PM.
                "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Forgive, once again, my foray into the CureForum.

Ouch Moe! lol As much as we want them to happen overnight, they're not going to. Dr Silver has already made impressive strides. In my day (lol), it took fifteen years for an oral drug to reach market from discovery. Others here have now said it takes shorter time than that. He's been open and honest with every step of his research here.
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Hey Lynnifer, what really worries me is that this Pharma Biotech corp's got the peptide and its researchers by the balls... they press the buttons now. Of course hopefully its a good thing. Time will tell. But for now I find this news nothing to get excited about.
                    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

isn't this what is 'supposed' to happen... I mean Jerry is a researcher that discovered the peptide and it's effects In a lab, now he is licensing the technology to a company with capital and resources to take it to the next stage of getting to people..

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                        To me this article reads like a business or financial news like a 'Financial Post' or The 'Wallstreet Journal' point of view... not an advancement to the technology.
                        That pdf link he posted was simply a patent announcement from their issuance by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office posted on their website.
                        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                          isn't this what is 'supposed' to happen... I mean Jerry is a researcher that discovered the peptide and it's effects In a lab, now he is licensing the technology to a company with capital and resources to take it to the next stage of getting to people..
                          Yea if I remember right from a couple years ago he said that bringing the trial to patients would be on someone else not him. He didn?t do that. Could have been mistaken though.

Comment

If you go to their web site it says their plans are

NervGen?s core technology focuses on the protein tyrosine phosphatase sigma (PTPσ), a key neural receptor that inhibits nerve regeneration resulting in a loss of function in patients with spinal cord injury and other medical conditions. Inhibition of the PTPσ receptor has been shown to promote regeneration of damaged nerves and improvement of nerve function in animal models for various medical conditions. A series of receptor antagonists have been identified including a lead candidate ready for clinical development. NervGen plans to advance the lead candidate into the clinic initially for the treatment of spinal cord injury while exploiting the technology to identify additional therapeutic candidates for other related medical conditions.
                            https://www.nervgenpharma.com/about

So hopefully that is what they are planning to do.

The last line of that sounds like every other company with an SCI treatment who needs money to move forward though.

while exploiting the technology to identify additional therapeutic candidates for other related medical conditions
                            They all say this to investors to make the opportunity bigger.
                            Last edited by niallel; 15 Aug 2018, 7:46 PM. Reason: fixed font

Comment

I should have read to the bottom of the page, the info we want is there:

NervGen is focusing its efforts on developing ISP for the spinal cord injury and peripheral nerve injury markets through human Phase 1/2a trials to demonstrate safety and efficacy. These are prime targets due to the lack of non-surgical solutions, the dramatic effects on the quality of life, the high costs to the healthcare system and potential FDA Orphan Drug and Fast Track status that would minimize time and maximize support through clinical trials. ISP is in the advanced stages of pre-clinical development with the Company planning IND submission in late 2019 and Phase 1/2a clinical trials beginning in early 2020
                              Last edited by niallel; 15 Aug 2018, 7:46 PM. Reason: fixed font

Comment

UGH...phase 1/2 clinical trial beginning early 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X