Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hypothetical question

    Ok so if you were a billionaire and you go to your polo match this weekend and fall off your horse and sustain a spinal injury what would be your course of action?

  • #2
    Um, exactly what Christopher Reeves did but with more money.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wait 2 weeks and go to an AMRI (advanced magnetic research institute) clinic to get magnetic therapy. One of the main problems with a spinal cord injury is necrosis (cell death due to swelling). The original injury may be small, but the cellular death due to swelling and inflammation around the outside of the original injury continues and grows from the time of injury for maybe 5-6 more months. The magnetic therapy dramatically reduces the swelling and inflammation, thus less overall damage with resulting less paralysis. Would have to pay out of pocket for maybe 125 to 150 hours.

      Comment


      • #4
        Send out for the most expert in the field of neurology. Build teams to collaborate. Pay them what they're worth and give them everything they need to find the cure. But give them incentive of an x-prize to find the cure. The x-prize lowers with time. The next incentive to find the cure... if the cure is found they are free to keep their labs paid in full to advance in any other science medicine they wish to perform with guaranteed full income until retirement. All medicine/cures they discover belongs to them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Assuming you are in a post acute phase, which specific labs/treatments would you be taking a punt on?

          Comment


          • #6
            You would do exactly what Cristopher did, support Wise.

            Originally posted by 6 Shooter View Post
            Wait 2 weeks and go to an AMRI (advanced magnetic research institute) clinic to get magnetic therapy. One of the main problems with a spinal cord injury is necrosis (cell death due to swelling). The original injury may be small, but the cellular death due to swelling and inflammation around the outside of the original injury continues and grows from the time of injury for maybe 5-6 more months. The magnetic therapy dramatically reduces the swelling and inflammation, thus less overall damage with resulting less paralysis. Would have to pay out of pocket for maybe 125 to 150 hours.
            Secondary damage does not continue for 5-6 months. AMRI's 'therapy' has not been tested in clinical trials, therefore, no proof it is effective. If they believed in their therapy they would go through clinical trials to prove safety and efficacy. IMO, a
            complete scam.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lurch View Post
              Assuming you are in a post acute phase, which specific labs/treatments would you be taking a punt on?
              Or maybe a better question, if you are a chronic SCI, and you miraculously become a billionaire, by inheritance or something... what would be the course of action for getting a treatment?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
                Or maybe a better question, if you are a chronic SCI, and you miraculously become a billionaire, by inheritance or something... what would be the course of action for getting a treatment?
                Turn yourself into a Rat or identify as one, get treatment, then turn back human......its probably the only loophole... LOL
                "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                ― DaShanne Stokes

                ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Moe View Post
                  Turn yourself into a Rat or identify as one, get treatment, then turn back human......its probably the only loophole... LOL
                  I suppose if you have billions, you can be a rat or anything you want

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
                    I suppose if you have billions, you can be a rat or anything you want
                    Indeed! As example, people with money can now decide to be transgender and legally identify themselves as the opposite sex or this crazy 'multigender" nonsense... Hey with billions I'd legally identify myself as a Rat just to fix my spinal cord and then legally turn myself back to human... Next open House I'll dress up like this guy, mabe I'd get lucky...


                    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                    ― DaShanne Stokes

                    ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sue the horse
                      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                      NW NJ

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                        Sue the horse
                        One would need to see if the horse already had a legal disclaimer for accidents arising from inexperienced riders.
                        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lurch View Post
                          Ok so if you were a billionaire and you go to your polo match this weekend and fall off your horse and sustain a spinal injury what would be your course of action?
                          Originally posted by Sythellri View Post
                          Um, exactly what Christopher Reeves did but with more money.
                          Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          You would do exactly what Cristopher did, support Wise.
                          Despite all the donations since his injury from 1995, he died as a quad in 2004. Even if he had a longer life and died 14 years later (2018) he would still die as a quad. So far donations just made walking people rich while I'm sitting like a duck dreaming to walk again. But yet I got to be careful to not to sound like an "ungrateful prick"...

                          Still no follow-up data from the patients that "live too far"? I got a bunch of used laptops, cell phones and other I.T. equipment to donate if it helps communicate with them... I'd even donate a car, gas money, hiking and mountain climbing gear for someone to collect data... I just find it really odd that nobody seems to care about it. Even more odd that they weren't that far to come down to get experimented, but yet too far now (all of them) for a simple follow-up.
                          Last edited by Moe; 06-22-2018, 02:45 PM.
                          "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                          ― DaShanne Stokes

                          ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moe View Post
                            But yet I got to be careful to not to sound like an "ungrateful prick"...
                            Aaah man, you weren't careful enough.
                            "I'm manic as hell-
                            But I'm goin' strong-
                            Left my meds on the sink again-
                            My head will be racing by lunchtime"

                            <----Scott Weiland---->

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well thanks for all the piss take replies. This is the exactly sort of defeatist attitude and lack of imagination that keeps us in chairs. Are you seriously telling me that in the year 2018 with One Billion dollars in your pocket that you could not somehow circumvent some of the red tape and legislation that is in place? I know this was not a "serious" thread but to be honest I expected more from some of you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X