No announcement yet.

Hypothetical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if posting a sign with a Billion Dollar Reward to whoever can get me recovered will work...
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
      14 years ago actually, not 20+..., Henson's alive today and since decades still collecting donations, in my observation, it didn't change his condition not one bit...thousands, milions, bilions or kazilions the real question perhaps is does money buy a cure in reality? if it does where? If the answer would be 'yes' and told where it is, then nobody needs to do research anymore, right? just sharing a point of view, not trolling you Lurch... Hey I'd benefit as well if such place existed... in the near future maybe?
      Reeve had his injury in 95. 23 years ago. Me , I'd be quietly slipping $100 million into Jerry Silver's back pocket and be asking for a dose of his latest and greatest peptides.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
        Reeve had his injury in 95. 23 years ago. Me , I'd be quietly slipping $100 million into Jerry Silver's back pocket and be asking for a dose of his latest and greatest peptides.
        He died in 2004, thought we were discussing the latest technology he experienced alive. I'd slip that 100 million or billion AFTER the work is done with satisfactory results, not a penny before. You can PM him directly from here in CC for that proposal... but I think he only does rats and monkeys for now... someday maybe humans but its been all talk no action media hype so far as usual... I'd pay for results not 30-40 year old empty promises. I rather enjoy that 100 million on hookers and cocaine than to risk to mess up my cord not knowing for sure if its going to work or not to begin with...
        Last edited by Moe; 08-07-2018, 10:46 PM.
        "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
        ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

He died in 2004, thought we were discussing the latest technology he experienced alive. I'd slip that 100 million or billion AFTER the work is done with satisfactory results, not a penny before. You can PM him directly from here in CC for that proposal... but I think he only does rats and monkeys for now... someday maybe humans but its been all talk no action media hype so far as usual... I'd pay for results not 30-40 year old empty promises. I rather enjoy that 100 million on hookers and cocaine than to risk to mess up my cord not knowing for sure if its going to work or not to begin with...
          Christopher was injured in 1995. Despite having a presure sore, he continued to appear, and fight for us. He became septic and that took him.

Christopher in the end, was Superman.

Comment

Hansen, sorry typo... Rick Hansen

Not a Bilionaire but a Canadian Paraplegic who's been raising funds as a foundation for sci for decades like Reeve did, my point was that to my knowledge, all the money collected plus connections to research centers hasn't got him walking yet neither. Money doesn't seem buy a "cure" anywhere, at least not yet imo. Apparently there's clinics out there that claims results but are a potential scam... frustrating
            Thanks, I would suggest that a large problem is that the money that is raised is spread over too many options. I'm sure all of us could quote a ton of research studies that are nothing to do with finding a cure - or are aimed at acute. Nothing wrong with that apart from the money thats raised by people with injuries (and family and friends) should not go to these causes.

As a billionaire you wouldn't be funding these trials, you would pick the likely candidates, and plough money into them to get it done faster, rather than trials that go on for years because of a lack of resources. Most research project are conducted by only a handful of staff with limited money.
            I'm sure all of us have trials we would love to see speeded up, then if successful not going through years of raising money to bring to market.

Comment

Hansen, sorry typo... Rick Hansen

Not a Bilionaire but a Canadian Paraplegic who's been raising funds as a foundation for sci for decades like Reeve did, my point was that to my knowledge, all the money collected plus connections to research centers hasn't got him walking yet neither. Money doesn't seem buy a "cure" anywhere, at least not yet imo. Apparently there's clinics out there that claims results but are a potential scam... frustrating
              Thanks Moe for your candid input. I just can’t believe that we have so many scientists/researchers now and we can’t even come up with any treatments to improve the conditions for SCI . An improvement to a patient with Sci in any level would be a good new to the sci community. I only have HOPE now . Waiting for a miracle.

Comment

Working...
              X