Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stem Cell-Based Phase I Trial to Repair Spinal Cord Injuries Produces Encouraging Res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George78 View Post
    Moe I've been reading repeated articles like this since my injury in 1978. In 1982 in travelled to Washington DC to be involved in a surgery with neurosurgeon Dr. Carl Kao, the surgery was autologous transplantion of schwann cells in spinal cord, he has done a lot of patients in the 80ies. Now I've spend 40 years watching phase 1 stories, it hardly ever goes to phase 2, and it always disappears before phase 3..
    In 40 years there has been some progress of course, but when I look what happened the last 40 years I guess we will need another 80 or 120 years before something serious will be available. But no problem, I will be waiting :-)
    I hear ya! I get the feeling like all those years of fundraising for research benefited everybody involved except for the injured. That's why I predict now that I'll never see this "cure" for the injured in my lifetime.... It will kill the market.
    Last edited by Moe; 4 Jun 2018, 1:56 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

May be scientists are afraid of us because we set the bar too high. Real cure of such injury will certainly be possible in several decades, but in the meantime we can get better today, I guess we shouldn't ask for the cure, we should ask to get better, for some relief..

Comment

maybe for the same reason in comparison that in 2018 we're still using pollutive fossil fuels and not free renewable energy... too much money & power involved.

Yeah, I believe it's more gadgets or meds to improve our lifestyle to be more realistic since it keeps the market going with sales, maintenance and taxed. I read this story of an inventor from a poor village who got killed because he successfully modified his car engine to run on water (Hydrogen) Makes sense the big threat he became that got him killed.
        Last edited by Moe; 4 Jun 2018, 2:42 PM.
        "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
        ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

I'm very much looking forward to the Phase 2 trial! I wonder how long it might take for it to begin?? Will it include physical therapy?

Comment

Working...
          X