No announcement yet.

CURE Activism: Unlock The Prison Of Paralysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a very informative site on stem cell research. Both sides on the stem cell research issue are represented:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/res_stem12.htm

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Comment

At www.CureParalysisNow.org we are joining with all others who are affected by paralysis in our quest to reach legislators to push for increased funding for research to CURE Paralysis. So here is an exciting event planned by the Parkinsons Action Network:

http://capwiz.com/pan/issues/alert/?...626566&type=ME

Stand Up For Parkinson's on Capitol Hill!
      Attend PAN's 11th Annual Forum Feb. 6-8, 2005!

Become a leader!

Join the Parkinson's community February 6th-8th in Washington, DC to learn about the latest in PD research, ramp up your advocacy skills and meet with your Members of Congress!

To register click HERE.

Please share information about this important event with your community. Send the official PAN press statement to your local media outlets to show how patients can take action. Just enter your zip code to get started.

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Comment

Since Christmas is upon us big time..and End of Year Wishes for the NEW Year become soooo important [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]..... Please consider the following, per SuzannePoon's post to ALL CareCure Members:

Donations to China SCI Network_

I have a suggestion here to make. Shall we start up a thread trying to recruit generous donations from members here for the captioned Network?

We need to raise minimum $2M for the HKU SCI Fund in the first year. I, as the Chairman of the Fund, will at least try to raise $1M in Hong Kong. For the rest of $1M, could we work it out together here??

If 100% of the members will donate and each of them can contribute $100 to the Fund in the next six months, how much could we potentially recruit?

If only 50% of the members will donate and each of them can contribute $200 to the Fund in the next six months, how much could we potentially recruit?

I am sincerely hoping for kind and serious consideration and discussions here!!

All donations are tax-deductible including from Canada and the United States. Cheques can be made payable to 'HKU - SCI Fund'. The sole purpose of the establishment of the Fund is to support the China SCI Network. Here is the mailing address:-

HKU Foundation Secretariat,
        9/F Knowles Building,
        The University of Hong Kong,
        Pokfulam Road,
        Hong Kong,
        China.
        Attn: Ms Jasmine Woo
        Tel: 852-2857-8584
        Fax: 852-2517-6351

Suzanne

~To those who believed the absolute ruler was chosen by God, rebellion against the ruler was tantamount to rebellion against God~ absolutism

[This message was edited by Faye on 12-23-04 at 10:48 AM.]

Comment

It's very encouraging to start the year off by seeing that the CC community is becoming more and more interested in following the example of the AIDS community to increase visibility thru a march in Washington! [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

This may also be a good time to remind ourselves of the status quo through an excellent piece written by Don Reed in 2003:

Let Hope Grow in a Petri Dish

April 1, 2003

Read CRPF friend and advocate Don Reed's inspiring OpEd piece.

by Don C. Reed

I'm told that when the Nazis couldn't break a particularly courageous prisoner, they would torture his children instead. I know that would work for me. I would break in an instant, tell them any secret I knew, and if I didn't know, I would make up stuff to tell.

I know what that torment is like, because I've been there; I live there, right now.

My son Roman Reed is paralyzed, and every day he suffers the agonies of the damned. All I can do is turn him over in the bed, and stretch his feet in the morning, and fetch his catheterization kits, when he needs to use the restroom.

Yet anti-abortionists rave about the rights of near-invisible cells in a petri dish, calling them more important than healing my son.

If Mr. Bush prevails, there will be no mercy shown to the people
          who would heal my son with therapeutic cloning.

If the President's law passes, it will be a criminal act for any
          scientist, doctor, patient, or parent to have anything to do with
          therapeutic cloning.

Ten years in jail, and a one million dollar fine for trying to help my
          son?

This is wrong. It must and will be challenged.

I have worked to advance medical research in my home state,
          sponsoring a research bill named after my son (the Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act, which has thus far raised $4.8 million for research) as well as testifying on behalf of Senator Deborah V. Ortiz's successful legislation to make California the nation's first "stemcell-friendly" state. It was a privilege to work with Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer and others to encourage national legislation.

But I have also been learning Chinese, just in case my country allows religious intolerance to stamp out the most promising advance in medical history.

In China, therapeutic cloning research is both legal, and financially
          supported by the government. If necessary, I will take my son to China, (or Israel, England, Singapore, whichever country gets there first) when they find the cure.

If my son could be healed, and the cost was only ten years in jail for me? Most parents of children with a permanent disability would jump at a chance like that, and so will I.

This is not just one patient we are talking about. Estimates of American citizens with incurable diseases and disabilities who might be helped by therapeutic cloning run as high as 130,000,00 men, women, and children.

These are folks we know, loved ones in your family and mine: people with cancer, Ahlzheimers, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, AIDS, Parkinson's, heart disease and hundreds more conditions.

But there is a word we must deal with: cloning.

Any scientist will tell you there are two kinds of cloning, as different as electricity and the electric chair. One, reproductive cloning, means copying kids, implanting an embryo in the walls of a woman's womb. This is plainly wrong, and must not be allowed.

But therapeutic cloning is cells, which will never grow larger than
          pepper flakes. These cells are indeed living tissue from one person, not unlike the cells in the hair on my head. It is theoretically possible that a scientist/barber could take the DNA pattern from a cell of one of my hairstalks, inject it into an egg, and implant it in a woman's womb, to make a clone. Shall we therefore make haircuts illegal? Send barbers to jail?

When the day comes that my son gets his operation, it will begin with a q-tip swabbing the inside of his mouth. Those gathered cells will be microscopically injected into a donated egg, like a woman loses every month.

After five days, stemcells will be taken from that hollowed egg. They will never be allowed to grow, or develop: only multiply. When there are enough (several million, like half a cup of water with nearly invisible specks) it will be placed inside Roman's injured neck. There, we hope, the cells will become the new and healthy nerves he needs, reconnecting body and brain.

Please note: there is no sperm, no implantation, no womb--and no child.

Just cells for cure.

Will it work?

Standing in the laboratory named after my son, I have held in my hand a white rat which had been paralyzed. It was given human embryonic stem cells in an operation very like the one my son may one day have. I felt the tiny muscles moving. And when I set it down, into its plastic swimming pool, the formerly paralyzed rat scampered, and played, and ran.

For that research to go forward, and be individualized for human use, therapeutic cloning, more accurately titled Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer, must be allowed.

~ Check out www.CureParalysisNow.org for SCI Cure Awareness/ Advocacy Materials and Products ~

Comment

Our activism is springing into ACTION with a planned march to Washington on April 5th!

For details and ongoing discussion please check:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20979

Here is a list of people and the states they are traveling from ( if your name is not yet listed e-mail me at fayeforcure@yahoo.com):

Betheny, Oklahoma
            Suzanne Poon, Hong Kong
            Clipper, OR ( likely )
            Curt Leatherbee, Rhode Island
            BigB, New Jersey
            Faye, Florida
            jv, Texas
            Tom Pierce, Texas ( likely)
            metronycguy, NY
            cspine, Texas
            scott pruett, Virginia ( likely)

~ Scrutiny of an election with many unanswered questions does not damage public confidence in the democracy; absence of scrutiny does. ~

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Faye:

Our activism is springing into ACTION with a planned march to Washington on April 12th!

Here is a list of people and the states they are traveling from ( if your name is not yet listed e-mail me at fayeforcure@yahoo.com):

Betheny, Oklahoma
              Suzanne Poon, Hong Kong
              Clipper, OR ( likely )
              Curt Leatherbee, Rhode Island
              BigB, New Jersey
              Faye, Florida
              jv, Texas
              Tom Pierce, Texas ( likely)
              metronycguy, NY
              cspine, Texas
              scott pruett, Virginia ( likely)
              foster, PA
              jeff weeks, new jersey (added by Beth)
              Kaprikorn1 (likely)
              Hope2findacure, Texas (maybe)
              Princess "Leia", Florida
              EAA (likely)
              zillazangel, North Carolina
              Robk, Washington DC

List is continued in a separate thread HERE

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

[This message was edited by Faye on 01-26-05 at 11:03 PM.]

Comment

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM "STAND AMONG FRIENDS"

Education and Advocacy

Be an advocate!

Stand Among Friends is dedicated to research, education and advocacy of all neurological disorders. However, dedication alone will not get the job done. It takes a tremendous amount of hard work and commitment.

In order to find a cure, there must be a concentrated effort to keep critical dollars available for research. Education is a valuable resource tool.

Fundraising and sponsorship are resources that raise much needed charitable dollars. In some cases, they are the only source of research funding.

To expedite our goal, we must aggressively lobby Congress to release our tax dollars to fund medical research. We are at the threshold of a cure. It is only a matter of time...and time means money--money to fund the promising research projects that offer hope to the neurologically disabled, their families and society. The scientific community is making significant advances in research, and the faster the funds are directed toward finding a cure, the sooner we will achieve the eradication of neurological disorders.

Human suffering does not have to be a victim of economics. There are certain diseases that get a giant's share of private and government funding. These are the diseases that have a network of supporters who speak out, educate and create awareness. These are the diseases that are the focus of media attention. These are the diseases that receive government funding. In other words, activism and advocacy work!

http://www.standamongfriends.com/f_projects.htm

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Comment

Comments from SANDY GOODMAN of Nebraska in THE JOPLIN INDEPENDENT. Sandy is a member of the STEM CELL ACTION NETWORK and is Chair of
                  POLICY AND ADVOCACY NEBRASKANS FOR RESEARCH.

AUTHOR MISLEADS
                  2005-02-11

It is nothing short of deliberately misleading to suggest that the absence of current human therapies utilizing embryonic stem cells is a mark of failure or lack of promise. Human embryonic stem cells were first isolated only 7 years ago, and there has been comparatively minimal Federal funds to support the basic lab research necessary at this stage.

The limited types of adult stem cell therapies that exist today have resulted from decades of well-funded research. The scientific community is virtually unanimous in their call for parallel research in both adult and embryonic stem cells, including SCNT to produce additional stem cell lines. Dr. Irving Weissman of Stanford gave particularly illuminating testimony on this last summer before a U.S. Senate subcommittee.
                  (http://commerce.senate.gov/hearings/testimony.cfm?
                  id=1268&wit_id=3672). Also, see the web site of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (www.isscr.org) and get the facts.
                  Also see the Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research
                  (http://www.camradvocacy.org/fastaction/) The facts are clear -- human embryonic stem cell research is both the pro-life and moral course to advance the day when we can alleviate suffering for millions of people worldwide.

Sanford M. Goodman
                  Chair, Public Policy and Advocacy Committee Nebraskans for Research

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~

[This message was edited by Faye on 02-13-05 at 12:01 PM.]

Comment

Press Release Source: Missouri Coalition for Lifesaving Cures

Missouri Voters Strongly Support SCNT Stem Cell Research
                    Monday February 14, 1:55 pm ET
                    Statewide Poll by Nationally Recognized Republican Pollster Shows That Missourians Overwhelmingly Oppose Legislation That Would Ban SCNT Research and Cures

# JEFFERSON CITY, Mo., Feb. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- The Missouri Coalition for Lifesaving Cures announced today that a recent poll of 600 Missouri voters, conducted by the renowned Republican pollster Fred Steeper and the national polling firm, Market Strategies, found that by a margin of over two-to-one Missouri voters favor allowing Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer (SCNT) stem cell research and oppose pending state legislation that would ban this research and prohibit the use of any future SCNT stem cell cures for patient treatment in Missouri.(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050214/LAM108LOGO)

The new public opinion poll found that:

* Nearly a third of Missouri voters say they have heard about SCNT stem
                    cell research, and 71% of these "aware" voters support SCNT.

* After hearing arguments made by groups on both sides of the issue,
                    66% of Missouri voters support allowing SCNT research and cures, and
                    only 30% want to ban SCNT.

* SCNT is supported by the majority of Democrat, Republican and
                    Independent voters.

* SCNT is supported by the majority of voters in all regions of the
                    state, by voters in all age groups, and by both men and women across
                    education and income levels.

A copy of the complete survey results and an analysis by pollster Fred Steeper is available online at www.MissouriCures.com.
                    The poll, conducted February 3 - 6, 2005, includes a demographically valid sample of 600 registered Missouri voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4%. It was designed and overseen by Steeper, a Republican polling strategist who has conducted opinion research for a number of prominent Missouri Republicans, including U.S. Senator Kit Bond, former U.S. Senator and Governor John Ashcroft and former U.S. Senator Jack Danforth, and has served as a primary pollster for President George W. Bush and his father, and for Presidents Reagan and Ford.

SCNT uses a patient's own genetic material to create stem cells that have the potential to cure diseases and injuries by generating healthy new cells. Medical researchers believe SCNT can lead to cures for many currently incurable diseases and injuries that affect over 500,000 Missouri children and adults and millions of other Americans, including diabetes, Parkinson's, ALS, MS, Alzheimer's, myocardial damage from heart attacks, and spinal cord injuries.

Because of its potential to cure diseases and save lives, SCNT is strongly supported by the overwhelming majority medical researchers, disease foundations and patient groups, such as the American Medical Association, American Diabetes Association, Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, Parkinson's Action Network, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, National Coalition for Cancer Research (NCCR) -- and more than 60 Nobel Prize winning scientists. Some conservative politicians and religious groups oppose SCNT because they claim the stem cells it produces are "human clones," a claim that is rejected as a misleading scare tactic by medical experts and other supporters of SCNT.

The new survey was conducted on behalf of the Missouri Coalition for Lifesaving Cures, a group that includes more than 60 leading state and national patient advocacy, business, medical, academic, research and civic organizations. The Coalition is actively opposing pending state legislation, currently numbered HB 457 and SB 160, which would ban and criminalize SCNT research and cures in Missouri. That legislation would ban SCNT research and the use of SCNT for patient care at Missouri research institutions and hospitals -- and make any patients, doctors, hospitals and research facilities who "participate" in SCNT research and cures guilty of a Class B felony, subject to jail terms of up to 15 years.

"This survey clearly shows that a large majority of Missouri voters want SCNT stem cell research to continue and believe that Missouri patients should have access to SCNT stem cell therapies that are developed in the future," said Dr. William Neaves, President and CEO of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research. "SCNT makes lifesaving stem cells -- not babies. It grows a patient's own cells in a lab dish to find cures that might eventually help millions of people with degenerative diseases and debilitating injuries. It would be wrong to prohibit patients from benefiting from this medical procedure. Most Missourians want medical experts, doctors, patients, and their families to decide what is best for their health. They do not want such deeply personal matters dictated by the state."

Stem cells are the building blocks for every type of cell in the body. SCNT is a new scientific breakthrough that allows scientists to make stem cells in a laboratory, by removing the nucleus of a donated human egg cell and replacing it with genetic material, or DNA, from a patient's cell, like a skin cell. This causes the egg to produce early, undifferentiated stem cells. Research indicates that these stem cells can then be put into the patient's body to generate healthy new cells, such as heart, muscle and nerve cells. Stem cells from adult tissues, called adult stem cells, have already provided some disease therapies. However, adult stem cells can only turn into a limited number of cell types and require a donor genetic match. SCNT-derived stem cells can turn into any type of cell in the body and do not require a donor match, since they are made with a patient's own cells.

Organizations and concerned citizens who support SCNT research and oppose the effort to ban SCNT in Missouri can become a member of the Missouri Coalition for Lifesaving Cures by visiting the group's Web site at www.MissouriCures.com

Source: Missouri Coalition for Lifesaving Cures

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~

Comment

Thanks EAA for your post in the WHEN thread:

Originally posted by EAA:

Mickey,
                      When?
                      When the SCI community demands it!

When we all e-mail or write one or two letters each week to our elected local, State, and Federal officials.

When we start working for a cure as hard as the researchers.

When our Country is under a leader with hope for the future, and not just focused on war, self-defense, and tax cuts.

When the answer "no" is not acceptable, and impossible is tommorows drug store cure.

When we all find a way to convince others that Christopher Reeve was not and is not alone.

When we all start working so hard for a cure that when the cure does come, it will all seem a bit too easy.

When we believe in ourselves, support one another, and love ourselves and each other.

When each of the 300,000 SCI families in America find a way to raise and donate $1,000 to research funding each year for 3 to 5 years. This would be $300,000,000 million each year and then and only then will we have a cure.

We have the power to fund our own cure, how many of us are saving up for our own cure and can not see that we all will be cured or none of us will see a cure. Let's keep the pressure on Washington, but in the mean time, let's start donating 10 to 15% of our personal cure fund on the research that is underfunded now.

Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder this is when!
                      I agree, much like church tithings fund church buildings and such....so too can this same principle be applied to our support of CURE research!!!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Comment

For more information contact:
                        Julie Kimbrough, w: 212-585-3501, c: 646-734-6091,
                        juliekimbrough@earthlink.net
                        Sean Tipton, w: 202-863-2492, c: 202-421-5112,
                        stipton@asrm-dc.org

National Poll Shows Strong Support For Stem Cell and Therapeutic Cloning Research

The more respondents learned about the research, the more they supported it

Washington, D.C.-March 25, 2005-A poll commissioned by the Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research (CAMR) shows a strong majority of Americans solidly support embryonic stem cell and therapeutic cloning research. A nationwide survey of more than 1,000 adults conducted from March 18-21, 2005 found that the more respondents learned about the research, the more they supported its use to help treat some of life's most debilitating diseases and conditions.
                        "We've spent years educating Members of Congress about the benefits of embryonic stem cell and therapeutic cloning research-separating facts from scare-tactic fiction," said Daniel Perry, President of CAMR. "And the more time we spent, the better result we got. Now we see the same happening with the American public-the more they know the more they support it and understand why it's critical to move the research forward," added Perry.

Of the respondents polled 59% strongly or somewhat favored embryonic stem cell research, and only 33% opposed or strongly opposed it. But after a brief description of the research was read, the percentage in favor increased to 68% compared to only 28% opposed.

A question regarding the use of cloning to develop stem cells found that 60% strongly or somewhat favored the research, and only 35% somewhat or strongly opposed it. However, after a more detailed description of what therapeutic cloning research involves was read, the more respondents favored the research, 72% compared with only 23% opposed.

"The American people are clearly ready for a change in policy on stem cell research and therapeutic cloning. The millions of patients who stand to benefit, as well as their loved ones, have a clear message for policy makers: We support this research and we need your help," stressed Perry. CAMR, comprised of over 90 nationally-recognized patient groups, universities, and scientific societies, led the charge to support federal funding of embryonic stem cell research and has led the efforts opposing a ban on therapeutic cloning.

Of the 1,045 people responding, the specific breakdown of responses was as follows: 59% said they favored medical research that uses stem cells from human embryos, (30% strongly favor, 29% somewhat favor); 33% are opposed, (13% somewhat oppose and 20% strongly oppose), and 8% of respondents answered they did not know. Once a description of embryonic stem cell research was read, 68% said they favored it, (39% strongly favor, and 29% somewhat favor), only 28% opposed the research (11% somewhat oppose, and 16% strongly oppose), and 4% responded they did not know. For therapeutic cloning, 60% of Americans approved the research, (27% strongly approved, 33% somewhat approved), whereas 35% disapproved (12% somewhat, and 23% strongly), and 5% of respondents answered they did not know. Once a description of therapeutic cloning research was read, 72% favored it (30% strongly, 42% somewhat), and roughly 23% opposed the research (11% somewhat, 11% strongly), and 6% of respondents answered they did not know.

Slightly more men than women favor embryonic stem cell and therapeutic cloning research: 71% of men and 66% of women were in favor of embryonic stem cell research, and 75% of men and 68% of women favored therapeutic cloning research after a description was read. Americans who had at least a college degree were more likely to support the research than those with a high school degree, 74% to 67% for embryonic stem cell research, and 79% to 68% for therapeutic cloning. Both of these percentages were after descriptions of the research were read. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3%, and was conducted for CAMR by the Opinion Research Corporation.

The Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research (CAMR), a non-partisan non-profit, is comprised of nationally-recognized patient organizations, universities, scientific societies, foundations, and individuals with life-threatening illnesses and disorders, advocating for the advancement of breakthrough research and technologies in regenerative medicine - including stem cell research and somatic cell nuclear transfer - in order to cure disease and alleviate suffering. For more information on CAMR, visit the website: www.camradvocacy.org

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Comment

A very inspirational site for Cure Activism:

http://www.grassrootsconnection.com/

Comment

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/12/news...reut/index.htm

I think stem cell research will be in a full blown phase of research soon.
                            Life has a way of throwing you a curveball once in a while, the trick is to never strike out.

Comment

Therapeutic Uses Of Stem Cells For Spinal Cord Injuries: A New Hope

Survey of Stem Cell Research and SCI

http://www.namiscc.org/newsletters/D...l-research.htm

Comment

Here is a 19 min. video that is a MUST SEE from
                                http://www.regenerativemedicinesocie...Interviews.htm

"Why Embryonic Stem Cell Research
                                Should Receive Government Support"

Featuring the following respected Scientists.

Paul Berg, PhD.
                                Director Emeritus of the Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine,
                                Cahill Professor emeritus in Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine,
                                Nobel Prize Laureate, Recombinant DNA

Susan Bryant, PhD.
                                Dean, School of Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine

Irving Weissman, M.D.
                                Director, Institute for Cancer/Stem Cell Biology & Medicine,
                                Professor of Cancer Biology, Pathology, Developmental Biology & Biological Sciences,
                                Beckman Center, Stanford University

Evan Snyder, M.D., Ph.D.
                                Professor, Director, Stem Cells & Regeneration Program, The Burnham Institute

Laurie Zoloth, Ph.D.
                                Professor Of Medical Ethics & Humanities Program at the Feinberg School of Medicine,
                                Northwestern University

Hans Keirstead, Ph.D.
                                Reeve-Irvine Research Center,
                                University of California, Irvine

Lawrence S.B. Goldstein, Ph.D.
                                Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute,
                                Professor of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego

Margaret A. Goodell, Ph.D.
                                Associate Professor, Center for Cell & Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine

This film and its Chapters are also streamed from the ISSCR site.
                                Snippets of our interviews with Dr. Snyder are viewable on the Burnham Institute site.

http://www.isscr.org/public/RegenMedAware.htm
                                http://www.burnham.org/AboutTheInsti...tuteVideos.asp

Full Version (19.25min) - Not Chapterized
                                Windows Media Low (19:25min-116.5mb)

Quicktime Medium (49.29 MB)
                                Quicktime High (79.21 MB)

Chapter 1 - Why Aren't We There Yet?
                                Windows Media Low (1:25min - 8.3mb)

Chapter 2 - The Moral Imperative
                                Windows Media Low (3:54min - 22.9mb)

Chapter 3 - Affordable Treatments
                                Windows Media Low (1:28min - 8.7mb)

Chapter 4 - Adult Stem Cell Limitations
                                Windows Media Low (1:34min - 9.1mb)

Chapter 5 - The Ethics
                                Windows Media Low (5:01min - 29.2mb)

Chapter 6 - Stimulate The Economy
                                Windows Media Low (3:55min - 22.8mb)

Chapter 7 - The Hope of Cures
                                Windows Media Low (2:08min - 15.7mb)

RMA believes that the most qualified people to inform the public about stem cell research are
                                the research scientists themselves. Together with ethicists, they are able to speak clearly about the
                                obstacles that face them both in the laboratory and in acquiring adequate government funding and
                                support. They're also well aware that, with proper funding and the lifting of restrictions on
                                available stem cell lines, the cures for many diseases and conditions is within our extended
                                reach. In other words, RMA hopes to provide a speakers' platform from which we can widely
                                and directly broadcast their thought and vision.

Viewing Instructions:
                                To play the Chapterized videos, you need Windows Media Player from Microsoft.
                                To play the Full version videos, you need QuickTime from Apple Computer.
                                If you already have the required player, click on the appropriate link above.
                                Otherwise, click on the logo below to download the free software.

~ It is so much easier to mentally label and put paralysed people aside than to delve into why medicine hasn't yet found a way to repair the damaged spinal cord - ICCP ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Comment

Working...
                                X