Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wise Young, Grammy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    My last post wasn't a response to you. You must have posted while i was typing.

    We have one researcher (that I know of) dedicated to lumbosacral. I am not going to give updates on her ongoing research on a public message board.
    Well, we now know she is female. That's more information than we've had about it in 5+ years. Is her identity a secret?

    Comment


      #32
      Clearly, whatever Jim and Wise are doing isn't working. I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed by this one path that clearly isn't working. I've been on here for two years and I think Wise's research in China is the least impressive of all the different ones I have seen. Who are we kidding, they are nowhere close to being approved by the FDA.

      There are so many clinical trials around the world happening that are much more approachable and share information. Grammy shared a huge list in the post earlier.

      Instead of beating a dead horse, we should focus on the many other POSITIVE research studies happening right now and how to support those.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by MomNoah View Post
        Clearly, whatever Jim and Wise are doing isn't working. I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed by this one path that clearly isn't working. I've been on here for two years and I think Wise's research in China is the least impressive of all the different ones I have seen. Who are we kidding, they are nowhere close to being approved by the FDA.

        There are so many clinical trials around the world happening that are much more approachable and share information. Grammy shared a huge list in the post earlier.

        Instead of beating a dead horse, we should focus on the many other POSITIVE research studies happening right now and how to support those.
        You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Have you even read the published paper?

        We have gone through the pre IND process and are about to submit for approval.

        This therapy changed people's lives. I guess that's irrelevant because it happened in China.

        Wise has dedicated his life to curing sci, works his ass off for you, and never asks for a thing. He started this website for you and pays for it, but all you people do is complain and criticize. Pathetic.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Jennifer1 View Post
          He's in Boston. I'm going to see him on April 9.
          yes Jennifer is right. He is in Boston now. I was at an appointment with him last month.

          Comment


            #35
            All of us people.... I have read the paper, and many others. They can walk using CPG, who knows if the intense rehab of 6 hours a day did that or it was the cord blood, or the lithium. There are studies that intense activity based therapy turns on the CPG and improved bladder function and can create functional walking. By the way, I don't have a SCI, my 2.5 year old does. He is 2 years post injury and in the last two months since we started intense locomotive training he is taking steps, but cannot move his legs voluntarily one muscle at a time. Sounds familiar?

            You shouldn't get so angry and take this personally. I am telling you what I have observed being on here. If you don't like it, change it and update information to we can see what is actually going on.

            Until that happens, I stand by my original statement and believe we will see a cure from one of the other many avenues being taken right now.

            Comment


              #36
              I'm tired of people criticizing Wise. You have no idea how hard he works for this community.

              Comment


                #37
                Jim, I'm sure he does. This isn't personal. This is his job, I'm sure he gets paid. And it is great that he loves his job and he cares about it. But, people on this forum are the stakeholders. They are the ones suffering and spending every day hoping for a cure.

                It is only fair to look at other options, for other researchers and companies who are also working hard to find a cure, and maybe share more information and are further along.

                To me, this is business and there is a responsibility. If it's not met, expect critic and you should be professional about it.

                Comment


                  #38
                  To clarify, I meant in no way meant to Appear critical of Wise Young personally, I have met him a few times and have interacted with him on the forum many times, I wouldn't doubt his passion or sincerity but I am starting to have serious doubts about the efficacy of the therapy... I will leave no more criticisms about the trial pending publication of the upcoming paper because I just honestly don't know what type of efficacy from this upcoming paper will hold, or pending the results of the animal studies that were being done (btw, Whats the status on that)
                  "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                  "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                  2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by MomNoah View Post
                    Clearly, whatever Jim and Wise are doing isn't working. I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed by this one path that clearly isn't working. I've been on here for two years and I think Wise's research in China is the least impressive of all the different ones I have seen. Who are we kidding, they are nowhere close to being approved by the FDA.

                    There are so many clinical trials around the world happening that are much more approachable and share information. Grammy shared a huge list in the post earlier.

                    Instead of beating a dead horse, we should focus on the many other POSITIVE research studies happening right now and how to support those.
                    You do realize that those subjects were COMPLETE and had been paralyzed for many years right? I'm pretty sure the cells along with the intensive rehab it was caused the subjects to get back those returns. I’m just amazed at how your calling Dr. Wise work “least impressive”. I have YET to see another trail in which COMPLETE chronic SCI subjects regained the ability to walk along with regaining bowel and bladder control years after injury.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                      To clarify, I meant in no way meant to Appear critical of Wise Young personally, I have met him a few times and have interacted with him on the forum many times, I wouldn't doubt his passion or sincerity but I am starting to have serious doubts about the efficacy of the therapy... I will leave no more criticisms about the trial pending publication of the upcoming paper because I just honestly don't know what type of efficacy from this upcoming paper will hold, or pending the results of the animal studies that were being done (btw, Whats the status on that)
                      What upcoming paper are you waiting on to be published?
                      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                        #41
                        the chinascinet phase 2 or 2b... I forget, the one that was just recently submitted and is pending publication
                        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                        "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                        2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                          To clarify, I meant in no way meant to Appear critical of Wise Young personally, I have met him a few times and have interacted with him on the forum many times, I wouldn't doubt his passion or sincerity but I am starting to have serious doubts about the efficacy of the therapy... I will leave no more criticisms about the trial pending publication of the upcoming paper because I just honestly don't know what type of efficacy from this upcoming paper will hold, or pending the results of the animal studies that were being done (btw, Whats the status on that)
                          Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                          the chinascinet phase 2 or 2b... I forget, the one that was just recently submitted and is pending publication
                          I think Jim already answered you about that.

                          Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          No need to apologize luna.

                          There is no next publication from the ChinaSCINet IIa/b Clinical Trials. The next paper to come out will be on Lithium for Neuropathic Pain- http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...146&Itemid=129 This trial has been completed and will be published soon. Lithium is very effective eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Not much of an effect on moderate pain.

                          The next step is approval of the Phase IIb trial here in the US, India, and Taiwan.
                          Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          The mom, here are the results of the trial. We will be repeating this trial in the US, Taiwan, and India. Any questions, shoot.

                          http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7
                          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I had a little feeling in the back of my head that I was mistaken and getting ahead of myself... Cue old 'Head Detective' skit
                            "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                            "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                            2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                            Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                            Comment


                              #44
                              OK, to put in words the best I can would be, to say/ask that; if the last cell transplant phase was considered a success, why isn't a next phase being suggested to potentially garner added efficacy... I can only dream up two drastically different scenarios... 1) the amount of treatment administered in this phase was sufficient enough to already be considered an effective enough treatment that an increased number of cells is not warranted. Or 2) the trial was not deemed effective enough and further testing is not necessary ... I am seriously racking my brain trying to logically interpret what is happening here and I just don't understand, please help me understand
                              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                              "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                              2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                                OK, to put in words the best I can would be, to say/ask that; if the last cell transplant phase was considered a success, why isn't a next phase being suggested to potentially garner added efficacy... I can only dream up two drastically different scenarios... 1) the amount of treatment administered in this phase was sufficient enough to already be considered an effective enough treatment that an increased number of cells is not warranted. Or 2) the trial was not deemed effective enough and further testing is not necessary ... I am seriously racking my brain trying to logically interpret what is happening here and I just don't understand, please help me understand
                                I'm assuming you're asking about the trial slated for the United States?

                                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                Those are goals of all of our clinical trial networks. Unfortunately, reality on the ground doesn't always allow it to happen.

                                After the ChinaSCINet Phase II was completed, China decided they would not allow cells from outside to be imported and used in clinical trials. This hung up ChinaSCINet for close to 2 years. They have since reversed course (after Taiwan decided to conduct our Phase IIB). Before that, 8 clinical trials were conducted for less that $2 million.

                                In order for this treatment to be approved in the US, it must be done here. The goal is worldwide approval, so the IIB Trials will also be conducted in Taiwan and India. This is the way this treatment, and future ones, will reach as many people as possible.
                                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                The IND, now 1,500 pages, will be submitted next week.

                                In other news, Dr. Young formed a company that will use new technology to collect and process cord blood. Currently, the entire world supply is only enough treat a small fraction of those with SCI, not to mention other disorders. Wise will donate his share of profits to fund SCI research and trials.
                                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                A new company had to be brought on board to overhaul the IND, they are pros, will be submitted within a few weeks.
                                http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X