Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    You need to come visit us.

We are repeating the trial this year in the US that was done in our clinical trial networks in Hong Kong and China. The participants (28) had complete injuries, time after injury was 2 - 17 years. Here's the published paper that summarizes the findings- http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7
    Jim, are they repeating the phase of a trial that has already been done in one country (China) in another (USA), will chinascinet be forging ahead 1 phase ahead of scinetusa or will it be years of what basically will be a replication study
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

actually I think I got it... It WILL essentially be a replication trial, but will there also be a part of the trial that will be a phase ahead in china in tandem... Otherwise that is an awful use of funds if the point is to move the trial further within a decent timeline regardless of the trials location

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
        actually I think I got it... It WILL essentially be a replication trial, but will there also be a part of the trial that will be a phase ahead in china in tandem... Otherwise that is an awful use of funds if the point is to move the trial further within a decent timeline regardless of the trials location
        What is the logic behind this?

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          My understanding is that Justin Brown has left UC San Diego and is now at Washington University of St. Louis.

(KLD)
          He's in Boston. I'm going to see him on April 9.

Comment

Jawaid, I have told you several times that our lab is working on lumbosacral. I can not report on their research.
            In all fairness to Jawaid, you and Wise have been saying "our lab is working on lumbosacral" studies for over 5 years now. In that time I haven't seen a proposal, an abstract, a paper, a poster or even an update on lumbosacral injury research. Am I missing something? Why should anyone take you seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
              In all fairness to Jawaid, you and Wise have been saying "our lab is working on lumbosacral" studies for over 5 years now. In that time I haven't seen a proposal, an abstract, a paper, a poster or even an update on lumbosacral injury research. Am I missing something? Why should anyone take you seriously?
              And i'm out of the loop?
              Personally, I think all the confidentiality is bullshit, unless it's taking place at at "Black sites"?
              Is that it? Is Jason Bourne involved?

Comment

Wise hasn't been on CareCure in years, doesn't have the time.

I have never given updates on research projects going on in our lab, not my role, nor would our researchers allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer1 View Post
                  He's in Boston. I'm going to see him on April 9.
                  Interesting. Massachusetts General. http://www.massgeneral.org/doctors/doctor.aspx?id=20324
                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Tim, you are out of the loop. We have a clinical trial starting later this year.
                    I notice this exact phrase has been said every beginning year for the past 4-5 years... sadly I'm getting the feeling that in another 5 years it will still be the same...
                    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                      And i'm out of the loop?
                      Personally, I think all the confidentiality is bullshit, unless it's taking place at at "Black sites"?
                      Is that it? Is Jason Bourne involved?
                      personally I agree to a degree... All the confidentiality is BS to a point, we as sci individuals want to know exactly Whats going on within trials to possibly help them and in-turn help ourselves... Imho more willingness to share information and be open with the seemingly mundane issues and progress with a trial would help, not hurt progression

To be clear I am not criticizing Wise or anything, it's these clinical trial hoops that are being needed to jump through that are a problem

Comment

Wise hasn't been on CareCure in years, doesn't have the time.

I have never given updates on research projects going on in our lab, not my role, nor would our researchers allow it.
                        You continue to tell the community that "we're working on lumbosacral injuries" yet tell us you that you cannot say anything about what is going on - not even an abstract or proposal. You don't see anything disingenuous about that?

Name any academic lab in the US or Europe and within a few clicks we'll know what they are currently focusing (even if broadly) on in relation to SCI or a related field. Why is your lab so different?

Comment

When something goes wrong and delays the trial am I going to come on the internet and put a company on blast for wasting six months, and hundreds of thousands of dollars? Hell no, I'm not. Myself and/or Rutgers don't want to be sued. I understand your frustration but if you were in my position you would get it. If everything had gone smoothly, the trial would be underway, but it didn't.

Comment

When something goes wrong and delays the trial am I going to come on the internet and put a company on blast for wasting six months, and hundreds of thousands of dollars? Hell no, I'm not. Myself and/or Rutgers don't want to be sued. I understand your frustration but if you were in my position you would get it. If everything had gone smoothly, the trial would be underway, but it didn't.
                            You missed the point. I am not talking about a clinical trial or any commercial entity. I am talking about the science. What science is Rutgers lab (an academic institution) working on to reverse a lumbosacral injury - something you and Wise have claimed for over 5 years now. This should not be a secret. All basic science labs in academia have to justify their existence. This is normal. Why is this so different? Or is Rutgers now a commercial lab? If so, please do say so!

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
                              You missed the point. I am not talking about a clinical trial or any commercial entity. I am talking about the science. What science is Rutgers lab (an academic institution) working on to reverse a lumbosacral injury - something you and Wise have claimed for over 5 years now. This should not be a secret. All basic science labs in academia have to justify their existence. This is normal. Why is this so different? Or is Rutgers now a commercial lab? If so, please do say so!
                              My last post wasn't a response to you. You must have posted while i was typing.

We have one researcher (that I know of) dedicated to lumbosacral. I am not going to give updates on her ongoing research on a public message board.

Comment

Agreed with you Fly
                                I have been hearing same words from Wise and Jim since last 5,6 years

Comment

Working...
                                X