Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Schwab live chat (in german) on July 7, 2004 5:30-7:00 pm (Germany time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Schwab live chat (in german) on July 7, 2004 5:30-7:00 pm (Germany time)

In the chatroom, dyonisos pointed out that Martin Schwab will be engaging in a live internet chat with members of a German spinal cord injury web site: http://www.startrampe.net:80/index.php3?seiten_nr=377

The chat will be German and people will need to register at the Startrampe.net site. It is by the way quite an impressive web site with many medical experts who participate on the site and started by a person with spinal cord injury http://www.startrampe.net:80/index.php3?seiten_nr=403

Thanks for the heads up!

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

for all ,who are able to speak german;
      in 4 tagen spricht der meister persönlich!

be dazed and confused
      be dazed and confused

Comment

Oh! don?t tell me that Dr. Schwab can?t speak english?? [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

sure,but i think it will be IMPOLITELY
          to bomb this chat with questions in a
          strange language and only a few people
          can understand it.?
          no one here open a topic in spanish,dutch,german,russ......
          maybe we can hold him in this forum?
          dyonisos

be dazed and confused
          be dazed and confused

Comment

Few people?, strange language english?. Well perhaps youre right dyonisos, it may be convinient open a new topic to collect all our questions so if you could pass them over ,I figure that many will be quite similar so they could be screened in order to cover all and reduce the number of them.

Comment

Good idea Kim. Dyonisis, could you translate our questions into German and present them to Dr. Schwab during the chat?

Comment

if you don't speak English it would seem a very strange language - Chinese seems very strange to me but a lot of people speak it

we (English speakers) have a lot more words than any other language (I think that's right)

So a lot of words mean (nearly) the same thing - that would be confusing - and a lot of words have several meanings:

eg funny - I said to a friend once with very limited English that she was funny - she thought I meant she was strange: she didn't know it also meant humorous!

Chris
                (talking rubbish again)

Comment

kim,i meam:STRANGE for the most people in this chat!
                  but,in germany,opposite to bush´s america,you have
                  liberty of opinion [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] so everyone feel free and
                  visit this chat.
                  seneca,this site have several thousand members,a lot of them join this meeting and
                  place one ask......thats a big question-jam only.and sorry,but im only a c6/7 quad,not a
                  sport car [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] .i use the "one-finger-write-system".
                  as kim sad,the most questions are the same,and
                  the web-master write a "chat-report"in a few
                  days/weeks.
                  ......but everyone feel free....

dyonisos

be dazed and confused
                  be dazed and confused

Comment

hallo @ all,
                    i joined this chat, but not for long. most important: no side efects in nogo-antibody found yet and some details about starting clinical trials. and many many boooooooring questions, many kiddies.... i come up with more, wehn the summary on startrampe.net is published

Comment

Sorry Migu,

that´s not correct.Dr. Schwab told that he´s testing Anti-Nogo in combination with Chondroitinase abc on rats. But he has still no results.

Comment

i meant he told about prefered injuries patients should have if wanted to be choosen for a trial. sorry, i really was not long in chat. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
                        can you give a summary, chester?
                        gruß migu

Comment

Thanks Chester and migu, any other details reported? is Schwab optimistic?

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
                          Gandolf the Gray
                          http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Hi Chester, welcome to CareCure. Could you share more details from the chat?

Thanks.

Comment

servus,

what shall I say? In this chat there were really not many news.There were many uninteressting questions and sometimes even stupid.
                              But I think Dr. Schwab was neither optimistic nor pessimistic. As always he didn`t want to make too much hope.
                              He told that the ideal lesion shouldn`t be complete, but I think this is not new to us.
                              Furthermore he mentioned that the first trials on acutes will last 3-5 years if all goes well.
                              If I`ve something forgotten, I will add it when the summary of the chat is available

Comment

Working...
                              X