Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q&A: Epidural Stimulation and Bladder, Bowel, & Sexual Function

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Mize View Post
    Afaik, the first study attempting quantitative evaluation of BBSF (and I'm not sure it includes SF) is the one Frazier/Louisville just received approval to begin recruiting.
    any link
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
      any link
      Post #1 Paragraph #1 Recovery of Bladder and Sexual Function after Spinal Cord Injury Trial has been recruiting patients for 11 months now.
      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

      Comment


        #33
        Oh I thought maybe he was talking about something new... I still have plans for my mother to call and inquire about that study but I am waiting a little until after the holidays
        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

        "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


        2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
          Oh I thought maybe he was talking about something new... I still have plans for my mother to call and inquire about that study but I am waiting a little until after the holidays
          Once the human trial is finished and the data is analyzed, one would expect a paper to be written about it and submitted for publication in a journal.
          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
            Once the human trial is finished and the data is analyzed, one would expect a paper to be written about it and submitted for publication in a journal.

            Grammy can you or anyone else tell me is there a date set when human trials will be finished
            AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


            http://justadollarplease.org

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by skeaman View Post
              Grammy can you or anyone else tell me is there a date set when human trials will be finished
              https://www.u2fp.org/educate/clinical-trials/



              https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...NA%3AUS&rank=1
              Last edited by GRAMMY; 2 Jan 2018, 11:25 AM.
              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

              Comment


                #37
                Here is the 2017 NIH Grant for the PI: Charles H. Hubscher (Awarded July 28, 2017 for $311,250.)






                Last edited by GRAMMY; 2 Jan 2018, 11:17 AM.
                http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                Comment


                  #38
                  Here is the 2017 SPARC INITIATIVE AWARD for Functional Mapping with Epidural Stimulation to Restore Bladder Function for PI: Charles H. Hubscher (Award Date: September 20, 2017 for $1,239,591.)

                  Last edited by GRAMMY; 2 Jan 2018, 11:28 AM.
                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Granny
                    Thanks for the update it says 2019 the trials will be finish .
                    Do you know are the trials running on schedule . If I only had by
                    BBS back that would do me sorry I may have posted this twice
                    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


                    http://justadollarplease.org

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by skeaman View Post
                      Granny
                      Thanks for the update it says 2019 the trials will be finish .
                      Do you know are the trials running on schedule . If I only had by
                      BBS back that would do me sorry I may have posted this twice
                      Sorry Skeaman, I don't know anything about the patient facility scheduling. Their total is 30 but I don't know how many they can work with at any given time or when they started... You'd have to call or email the Contact Information.
                      Last edited by GRAMMY; 30 Dec 2017, 5:43 PM.
                      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                        Sorry Skeaman, I don't know anything about the patient facility scheduling. You'd have to call or email the Contact Information.
                        I do read on here that trials is taking place . It's amazing that no one can contact the patients . Or the patients will not say how they are getting on !! . I know they are sworn not to say but you would think some one would Break rank
                        AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


                        http://justadollarplease.org

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by skeaman View Post
                          I do read on here that trials is taking place . It's amazing that no one can contact the patients . Or the patients will not say how they are getting on !! . I know they are sworn not to say but you would think some one would Break rank
                          That would be a HIPAA violation here in the US.

                          https://www.reference.com/government...qo=cdpArticles
                          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I think to participate in the trail you have to register in their data base https://victoryoverparalysis.org/par...te-in-research

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by skeaman View Post
                              I do read on here that trials is taking place . It's amazing that no one can contact the patients . Or the patients will not say how they are getting on !! . I know they are sworn not to say but you would think some one would Break rank

                              Lol, I know, sometimes I wish somebody would just say "fuck it, this is too awesome to keep secret and do a 'tell all'". I realize that is selfish of me as that would potentially comprimise the whole trial but I can't help it
                              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                              "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                              2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                                Lol, I know, sometimes I wish somebody would just say "fuck it, this is too awesome to keep secret and do a 'tell all'". I realize that is selfish of me as that would potentially comprimise the whole trial but I can't help it
                                Except without the full data on 30 trial participants, you may get just the one lone "too awesome" story and then find out later that 29 others didn't experience much efficacy or had adverse events happen to them. I'm more inclined to be excited about a high percentage of the 30 total patients showing worthy efficacy so a therapy could be brought forward for the masses. That's where the rubber will meet the road.

                                I also hope everyone realizes there are more lab teams contributing to the work on bladder and bowel for spinal cord injury, receiving NIH funding and publishing. A lot more...
                                Last edited by GRAMMY; 31 Dec 2017, 12:17 PM.
                                http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X