No announcement yet.

Why Don't We Have a Cure for Spinal Cord Injury? 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it not the case that Jerry Silver has proven that the CNS will essentially fix itself under the right circumstances? Please correct me if I am wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
      Nope you missed the point. Did you conveniently forget your nasty unprovoked public facebook attacks on me last year?
      Unprovoked? Very selective memory.

Anyways, this board is not for that. It's a public board. And I've not said anything bad to you here.
      I really think it's because if you had to have a public discussion about the two points that you raised, you might end up having your ideas challenged.
      But I'd say if you don't want to discuss, that's your prerogative, but then I wouldn't go around trolling with questions that you yourself can't or don't answer. I find it rather unfair and rude to others.
      Last edited by StemCells&AtomBombs; 11-23-2017, 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
      Dennis Tesolat
      www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
      Martin Luther King

Comment

• Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
        Unprovoked? Very selective memory.

Anyways, this board is not for that. It's a public board. And I've not said anything bad to you here.
        I really think it's because if you had to have a public discussion about the two points that you raised, you might end up having your ideas challenged.
        But I'd say if you don't want to discuss, that's your prerogative, but then I wouldn't go around trolling with questions that you yourself can't or don't answer. I find it rather unfair and rude to others.
        Dont use me as a pawn to make you relevant. You can do that by yourself.

Comment

• C'mon guys - there's no cure. So don't fight over it.

How's the stim2denx going?
          Attached Files
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

• Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
            C'mon guys - there's no cure. So don't fight over it.

How's the stim2denx going?

I dont need the den2x anymore. It’s given me the spasticity I needed. Great investment as far as I am concerned.

Comment

• Seriously??? Holy cow! That's great news!
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

• Don't even know what that means, but whatever. I was just interested in what you thought about the two very interesting questions you posed but now completely refuse to answer. So I called unfair.
                Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
                Dont use me as a pawn to make you relevant. You can do that by yourself.
                Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                Martin Luther King

Comment

• Originally posted by lurch View Post
                  Is it not the case that Jerry Silver has proven that the CNS will essentially fix itself under the right circumstances? Please correct me if I am wrong
                  His lab is trying combinatorial treatments of ISP (peptide) that induced regeneration and/or sprouting of serotonergic (and possibly other) fibers that may play an important role. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't claimed to be regenerating the CNS.
                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

I dont need the den2x anymore. It’s given me the spasticity I needed. Great investment as far as I am concerned.
                    An hour later I started to think, "He was pulling my leg." I'm paralyzed so I didn't feel it. Good one. lol

Comment

An hour later I started to think, "He was pulling my leg." I'm paralyzed so I didn't feel it. Good one. lol
                      Yes. It was a good one.
                      Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Comment

I've said for a long time that we should get away from the label of, "disabled," as it denotes forever.

Spinal cord injured only. Words DO matter.
                        As it stands right now the medical prognosis is permanent paralysis, ergo forever? Until death.

Comment

The clinical trial in Russia was halted to focus on moving the IP into Fortuna Fix and securing the investment needed to run a trial in the West. The next steps were in the news last week and posted on another thread.
                          This is good news, I surmised it into “currently in an investment period” from when I briefly talked with Dr. Ahlfor. However I was not aware that they are actually attempting to move the trail to the west. At the same time a caveat should be mentioned, the Russian government was funding this trial originally, at least to some extent… If they are trying to move to the west I imagine something has come between that
                          Last edited by JamesMcM; 11-25-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                            This is good news, I surmised it into ?currently in an investment period? from when I briefly talked with Dr. Ahlfor. However I was not aware that they are actually attempting to move the trail to the west.
                            https://spinalcordresearchandadvocac...dvisory-board/

https://spinalcordresearchandadvocac...-shareholders/
                            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Not sure they would describe it as "bitching"......
                              Protesting, remonstrating, expostulating, admonishing, etc to the point of ad nauseam and in some cases not using factual arguments, disregarding many factors that don’t fit their narrative ( or just flat out lying/making stuff up like creating new definitions), and in many cases making abhorrent generalizations riddled with hypocrisy, all together creating convoluted ideological concepts; ergo bitching.

And hell we need to join in for our own cause, but we don’t have to make shit up as the existential reasons of our cause is - comparatively - far less petty and trivial; then say “Social economic inequalities, getting a mean word thrown at you based on something you can’t change, and not fitting in everywhere essentially” (mind you of course all three of those things are definitely an innate part of being severely disabled, but in my eyes - as the broken disgruntled, whiny minority would say Before beginning any statement, With a proclamation and specification of their type of minority status - “as a quadriplegic” all three of those things are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of our horrific, abhorrent and in some cases perilous situation [ in fact the social economic inequalities are substantially more severe and far more complicated, yet ironically in some aspects more simplistic: insurmountable physiological barriers to the VAST majority of the workforce for example].
                              Last edited by JamesMcM; 11-24-2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
                                Actually, I answered the question. I'd also like to hear your answers unless your questions are rhetorical.
                                You answered it unequivocally and very Thoroughly I might add.

Comment

Working...
                                X