Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drug Stimules SCI Nerve Growth

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Hopefully works in my case as can walk easily like normal person since injury in 2000 but have lost bladder bowel sexual function due to L1 injury

    Comment


      #17
      Paolo. Are you still here? Is this the peptide we were discussing?
      Just to ask, what is the need for the new company in this case? Is it to raise funds (much of the work Dr. Silver has done has been through a university)? Or is to monetize the product?
      Not a criticism, just a question. Like many private pharma makes me nervous especially since Geron. No immediate return and then they drop it.
      Originally posted by Jennifer1 View Post
      I sent him an email and here's the response I got:

      Dear Jennifer,
      We are now getting close to finalizing a deal with a group of Canadian investors to start a company to bring our drug to the people.
      Keep fingers crossed.
      regards,


      Jerry
      Dennis Tesolat
      www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

      "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
      Martin Luther King

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
        Can't wait to hear the latest from Dr Silver ... really exciting. That article fails to mention his want to get people off vents though. I wonder if the discovery will help that?
        Yes, it's supposed to. He presented the data at W2W2017. I'll post the video just as soon as it is available.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
          Paolo. Are you still here? Is this the peptide we were discussing?
          Just to ask, what is the need for the new company in this case? Is it to raise funds (much of the work Dr. Silver has done has been through a university)? Or is to monetize the product?
          Not a criticism, just a question. Like many private pharma makes me nervous especially since Geron. No immediate return and then they drop it.
          Yes, I still read once in a while... Probably Grammy and people who just attended W2W are much better informed than me on prof. Silver peptide (keep in mind it's just for acute at the moment, as far as I know).

          Usually, when a researcher discovers something that can be patented he/she license or sell the patent to a company hoping some investors will take the risks to do the preclinical work and the clinical trials to then, if it works, hopefully, have a return on investment. I suppose this is the case for the peptide.
          About Geron in my opinion they just realized that they were running a trial that was going to fail so they stopped the trial. In other words, in my opinion, they were trying to go to the moon with a hot-air balloon. When they realized they were not going to make it, they decided to land before it was too late.
          Then why Asterias picked up the trial and went on it's another story, in my opinion, a big waste of public money also coming from CIRM, so it's even worse, but that is just my opinion based on what I know, so hopefully time will prove me wrong.

          Paolo
          In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
            Yes, I still read once in a while... Probably Grammy and people who just attended W2W are much better informed than me on prof. Silver peptide (keep in mind it's just for acute at the moment, as far as I know).

            Usually, when a researcher discovers something that can be patented he/she license or sell the patent to a company hoping some investors will take the risks to do the preclinical work and the clinical trials to then, if it works, hopefully, have a return on investment. I suppose this is the case for the peptide.
            About Geron in my opinion they just realized that they were running a trial that was going to fail so they stopped the trial. In other words, in my opinion, they were trying to go to the moon with a hot-air balloon. When they realized they were not going to make it, they decided to land before it was too late.
            Then why Asterias picked up the trial and went on it's another story, in my opinion, a big waste of public money also coming from CIRM, so it's even worse, but that is just my opinion based on what I know, so hopefully time will prove me wrong.

            Paolo
            The CRP is chronic.

            The true facts surrounding the Geron trial was described in a Q&A stem cell panel discussion at W2W. I'll post the video as soon as it is available.
            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

            Comment


              #21
              Thank you very much. I'm so looking forward to watching the presentations.

              Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
              The CRP is chronic.

              The true facts surrounding the Geron trial was described in a Q&A stem cell panel discussion at W2W. I'll post the video as soon as it is available.
              Dennis Tesolat
              www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

              "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
              Martin Luther King

              Comment

              Working...
              X