Updates of my results after Dr. Lima's procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates of my results after Dr. Lima's procedure

I have decided to start my own thread to notify members of any changes that may occur since my surgery by Dr. Lima's team which took place on December 12, 2003.

Just so you know I am a t-7 complete. I have four Canadian doctors that have documented my condition before the surgery. I will try and provide medical testing information from before the surgery and follow up afterwards.

My physio at the moment consists of fes bike training every other day, dailey standing and stretching, electrical stim to my calves and some repeditive movement of my legs and trunk area.

Tim Sloggett

Thank you sped, looking forward to your post and wishing you the best.

Comment

Here's my first update.

As stated before on another thread I believe that my abdominal muscles have started to kick in. I am now able to lean back to a 20 degree angle and back up repeating this many times. I can't at the moment sit up without the use of my arms from a laying position but am trying. I am still waiting for my EMG test to varify my assumption.

One test that has been completed but many of you might not care about is my urodynamics test. Here are the result.

BEFORE SURGERY

Feb 6, 2003
      max detrusor-17cm H20

POST SURGERY

Mar 17, 2004
      max detrusor-8cm H2O

Someone else would have to discuss these resuls but what was shown was that my bladder pressure has decreased. The pressure in my bladder wasn't bad before the surgery but it is definately even better now. I should add that there were no increase changes in my ditropan, they were the same at 10mg a day for both tests.

That all for now.

Tim Sloggett

Comment

Thanks sped,
        Maybe now we can finally get some reliable info that will do the good doctor some justice.

GO BRUINS

Comment

Thanks for the updates sped.
          Look forward to reading about your progress and future gains. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
          The important thing in life is to have great aim, and the determination to attain it.

Comment

I'ld first like to discuss my urodynamics test. I've been told that the change in my bladder wasn't that significant but atleast it's still at a good pressure.

I'm starting to get alittle pissed because I'm still waiting for that damn EMG test but will get the results to you as soon as I can.

Here's an update anyway. A little while ago I've been able to get up onto my knees from a laying position on my stomach. While in that position I am not able to move my legs forward and am still alittle unsteady but I can suck my stomack in useing my abdominals. I also don't know at this time exactly what muscles I'm useing to achive this whether it's lower back, abdominals, hip flexers or a combo.
            Here's the kicker, I had six voluntary muscle contractions in my left leg this past Friday. During physio I'm always trying to move different muscles and this time it worked. I couldn't feel the contraction though but they were definately noticable by myself and my physiotherapist. Every time I tried, it contracted but was only able to do the six times and when I tried with the right leg nothing happened. Unfortunately they haven't occured since either but we're confident they'll appear again and this time I'll be ready with a video recorder. I'm probably going to get this question so I'll answer it now, NO it wasn't a spasm.

Hope to be able to report it happening again in the future.

Tim

Comment

Thank you Sped, keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Comment

Sped,
                Congrtaulations!!! Left leg and abs, pretty amazing!
                How much are you able to do with your hands? I greatly appreciate your posting your results!

Comment

Great news sped! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't a spasm? [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Sounds good man. Keep it up and keep us posted.
                    "Oh yeah life goes on
                    Long after the thrill of livin is gone"

John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

Very funny Mike.

The Mom
                      I was fortunate to only suffer a T level injury so my hands are fine.

Tim

Comment

Anything new to report sped?
                        Keep up all the hard work. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
                        The important thing in life is to have great aim, and the determination to attain it.

Comment

klj

I've had no other movements in my legs like the ones reported earlier. Hope it wasn't just a tease.

My abds and back muscles are still working well and getting stronger. Doing alot of 4 point kneeling now and some kneeling on my knees alone (no hands).

While on my fes bike I always try to pedal myself and have found that lately my hip flexors really get sore. I can really notice that sensation change along with the sensation of the electrodes. I'm starting to feel touch to my legs as well. I also feel bowel movements now.

I had a recent mri but haven't seen it yet. Will report the findings soon.

Still waiting for my emg. Our lovely Canadian health care at work.

I'm have an opportunity to take part in suspended treadmill training this summer at McMaster U. Still finalizeing the date.

I wish I had more to tell you. I don't think I've plateaued. I confident there's more to come.

Tim

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                            Best wishes for the treadmill training! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, From the newspaper article i read on you, it made you sound like you were a quad not a para.

Did you do your initial rehab at Lindhurst??

Glad to hear you got some return already. Been wondering if there was going to be any updates on you. Looking forward to feading more on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X