Dr. McDonald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Chappell:

Faye, your comments "..Everyone is convinced that stem cells.." and "...sci repair is all but stalled in the esc area" are incorrect.

1. If everyone were "convinced" then we wouldn't have this dilemma and difference of perspective.

2. ESC research thankfully does proceed outside the U.S. However you are correct that it is very "stalled" here.
    Chris, please put my qoute in completely. Here it is again:
    "Everyone is convinced that stem cells (asc and/or esc) WILL unlock some of the medical mysteries we're currently facing."

Every article on stem cells states this. Note the words "some of the medical mysteries".

Since we agree on the basics as in your statement,
    Education = advocacy, which = funding, which = research, which = clinical trials, which = CURE!
    I don't get your point of arguing with fellow advocates. For example I am not questioning your advocacy efforts.

As I said, everybody's advocacy efforts will add to our total effort. I see it as a cumulative and also in a sense a synergistic effort.

And I applaud everybody's participation.

"Together we stand, divided we fall..."

Comment

Dr. McDonald has a update out on what he is doing!! He explains what he is working on and what the money is getting used for. He is making a lot of great this happen. He also is needing more money and explains why. This is a great update and he said he is going to post it at Washington University website.

I wanted to let people know their is an update and our money is getting something done. Check out the Washington University site for this update.

Rich

Comment

Where?
        "No mother on either side could say that whatever was won was worth my son"--Steve Mason

Comment

Still too little money!

Comment

what happened to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Imight
              what happened to this?
              Dr McDonald and the miracle cure dude Pat Rummerfeld with commentary from our own Steven Edwards is in the Washington Post's Magazine from 1/27/08. Try www.washingtonpost.com and search for Pat Rummersfeld or Dr McDonald. The Doc, BTW, is now at the Kennedy Kreiger Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. KKI is a part of the Johns Hopkins Hospital system. Dr John McDonald is also a member of the Maryland State Spinal Cord Injury Research Board.
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton
                Dr McDonald and the miracle cure dude Pat Rummerfeld with commentary from our own Steven Edwards is in the Washington Post's Magazine from 1/27/08. Try www.washingtonpost.com and search for Pat Rummersfeld or Dr McDonald. The Doc, BTW, is now at the Kennedy Kreiger Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. KKI is a part of the Johns Hopkins Hospital system. Dr John McDonald is also a member of the Maryland State Spinal Cord Injury Research Board.
                FYI, KKI and Johns Hopkins are separate entities. Dr.'s at KKI may be on the staff at Hopkins but the two hospitals are "two separate hospitals" not affiliated.
                Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake
                  FYI, KKI and Johns Hopkins are separate entities. Dr.'s at KKI may be on the staff at Hopkins but the two hospitals are "two separate hospitals" not affiliated.
                  I hate to ask an expert but are you sure Cheese? I'm going to have to go count heads on who was appointed for which positions on the board. I'll check the Hopkins Medical School staff first.

Oh, and the state's SCI Board is funding his work on FES and regeneration of myelin in mice or rats, that memory thing again, for two years. He, obviously, recuses himself as do others if they are principals or co-principals.
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Any news?

Comment

mcdonald

dr. mcdonald can't cure sci, let alone successfully treat the problems associated with having a sci. he's had his day in the sun with his little bike, and he's in it strictly for long-term research, nothing more! If anyone thinks otherwise, they are living a lie!

Comment

You again sunshine?
                        "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
                        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

McDonald is the same "bucket", in my opinion, as Falci wth Craig, The SCS on Colorado, the Vacanti Brothers, Darwin Prockop, Kleinbloesom, Neurovita in Russia, Carlos Lima, Carl Kao, and host of others I can't remember.

People who said "this" but delivered "that" (nothing). I'm sure others will follow in the future.

Comment

Working...
                          X