Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is going on concerning sci research ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is going on concerning sci research ?

I just mean nothing has been reported on whats going concerning chronic sci research or trials...is there any current clinical things happening...behind the scenes even? Kinda seems like everything is at a standstill
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I just mean nothing has been reported on whats going concerning chronic sci research or trials...is there any current clinical things happening...behind the scenes even? Kinda seems like everything is at a standstill
    LINK
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Maybe the better question would have been, when's something coming to market.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
        Is that the growth hormone as in the one that is used in body building as well? I always thought that when the time comes and try some upcoming therapy, I'd go with the best intensive PT along with the growth hormone for better results

Comment

Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
          Is that the growth hormone as in the one that is used in body building as well? I always thought that when the time comes and try some upcoming therapy, I'd go with the best intensive PT along with the growth hormone for better results
          Patients received subcutaneous injections of growth hormone somatropin (Nutropin, Genentech) at 0.0125 mg/kg on 6 days/week, or placebo. In addition, the patients received intensive physical therapy for 2 hours per day for 6 months. Both groups were similar in age, body mass index, and waist circumference.
          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Always nice to see work being done. This is a different approach than most of the latest ones. I hope they continue to research it.
            www.symbolofstrength.com

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
              Patients received subcutaneous injections of growth hormone somatropin (Nutropin, Genentech) at 0.0125 mg/kg on 6 days/week, or placebo. In addition, the patients received intensive physical therapy for 2 hours per day for 6 months. Both groups were similar in age, body mass index, and waist circumference.
              Better get started then
              Thanks Grammy!

Comment

Five levels sensation would put me at T8-T10. A nice improvement for feeling the chair so likely more balance. Still no bladder
                T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Grammy, where can we read some more about this? is there any paper or something like that?
                  I'm wondering what sort of pt they had
                  Last edited by Silvio GS; 05-25-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Does it say whether these patients acute or chronic?

Comment

Originally posted by nphuskers View Post
                      http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/880536

Comment

Originally posted by nphuskers View Post
                        "16 to 20 months from the time of injury"
                        T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

how would this contrast with GnRH as mentioned here?

http:///forum/showthread.php?256453-...highlight=GnRH

Comment

somewhat skeptical

Giving this a try seems like a no-brainer.

Getting a legal prescription in the United States does not appear to be very difficult.

Depending upon where you get the cost may be prohibitive.

While the study seems very legit there are things I find a little bit odd.

1. They discussed the subject's regaining sensory but not motor despite doing intensive physical therapy. This seems to be different than a lot of the other trials. Instead of been done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

The China SCI.net discussed motor return.
                            The virtual reality trial feedback I seen discussed mostly motor return.
                            the vagus nerve feedback discussed motor return.
                            Most of the epidural stimulator trials seemed to discussed motor return without a whole lot on sensory, although there does seem to be some people get sensory return so maybe I just don't know enough about that.
                            many others discuss motor but not sensory return.

2. Has no one on this site ever tried this before? The benefits of HGH for body building and athletic performance have been well known for many years. I believe Barry bonds and many other major league baseball players ran into trouble because of HGH and Balco the company selling to them. And more recently, Peyton Manning was accused of using it. And there are many others.

It does not seem to be very difficult to get a prescription for this and there seems to be no shortage of people selling it over the Internet.

Personally, I never dabbled with bodybuilding, HGH, or steroids. Nor do I really know anyone that has. Just not my thing. never had an interrest. But, it would seem that may that is prevalent as this is someone would've been experimenting with it even with not the intentions of regaining motor or sensory function below the level of injury.

Hopefully someone can share their feedback on this.

If not, then i will share my feedback at her figure out the best route to go.

From what I understand, or strict building it takes a couple months until you really noticed any changes.

Even if there are no sensory or motor changes below the level of injury, this seems to be very beneficial for my exercise routine.

Originally posted by JAMESRRR View Post
                            how would this contrast with GnRH as mentioned here?

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...highlight=GnRH

Comment

Originally posted by JAMESRRR View Post
                              Giving this a try seems like a no-brainer.

Getting a legal prescription in the United States does not appear to be very difficult.

Depending upon where you get the cost may be prohibitive.

While the study seems very legit there are things I find a little bit odd.

1. They discussed the subject's regaining sensory but not motor despite doing intensive physical therapy. This seems to be different than a lot of the other trials. Instead of been done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

The China SCI.net discussed motor return.
                              The virtual reality trial feedback I seen discussed mostly motor return.
                              the vagus nerve feedback discussed motor return.
                              Most of the epidural stimulator trials seemed to discussed motor return without a whole lot on sensory, although there does seem to be some people get sensory return so maybe I just don't know enough about that.
                              many others discuss motor but not sensory return.

2. Has no one on this site ever tried this before? The benefits of HGH for body building and athletic performance have been well known for many years. I believe Barry bonds and many other major league baseball players ran into trouble because of HGH and Balco the company selling to them. And more recently, Peyton Manning was accused of using it. And there are many others.

It does not seem to be very difficult to get a prescription for this and there seems to be no shortage of people selling it over the Internet.

Personally, I never dabbled with bodybuilding, HGH, or steroids. Nor do I really know anyone that has. Just not my thing. never had an interrest. But, it would seem that may that is prevalent as this is someone would've been experimenting with it even with not the intentions of regaining motor or sensory function below the level of injury.

Hopefully someone can share their feedback on this.

If not, then i will share my feedback at her figure out the best route to go.

From what I understand, or strict building it takes a couple months until you really noticed any changes.

Even if there are no sensory or motor changes below the level of injury, this seems to be very beneficial for my exercise routine.

Keep us updated as you try this
                              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Working...
                              X