Unexplained return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexplained return

I've read stories of people that "get better". Have any of you experienced any unexplained return?

Sure, I got return 12 year post injury. Apparently, I experienced axonal reorganization. You might ask what kind of return I got? Well, I developed neurological pain in the whole left side of my body. Quite spectacular return.

Sorry, I am afraid I am being sarcastic. The story is true though. You can read more here: http:///forum/showthread.php?259037-...t-injury-C4-C5

To be frank. Don't get your hopes up.

Comment

I regained a lot of function 6-10 months post-injury. I lost almost everything I had gained and then some a year after that due to a weird secondary condition, had a couple of big neurosurgeries and have regained 90% of sensation lost and about 70% of function. Spasticity decreased significantly, as did random neuropathy.

I don't know that any of that return was unexplained - my injury was/is incomplete, and I'm still making gains (I'm 3.5 years and 3 big operations out). I don't think my experience is typical - I don't think there is a typical experience, honestly - but I just keep slogging away at getting stronger and developing more skills.

Comment

Mine is a complete injury and I have never experienced any return.
        Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Then why post in this thread Debbie?
          Last edited by lonecoaster; 29 Apr 2017, 8:47 AM.

Comment

I'm considered "complete" but after 3 years post injury I regained movement in my right thumb and pinky finger. Also to this day my sensation comes and goes below my injury level.

Comment

"If I Told You I Was Paralyzed For 10 Years Would You Believe Me?" - Victoria Arlen

Comment

Working...
              X