Epiduralstimulationnow website from thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    You are indeed very fortunate to have this privileged information. Out of interest how is the machine learning at Caltech being used in the studies so far? What subject data is being fed back to the "machine" for it to learn from and how is that being interpreted back to the device and patient?

Also I assume you are now talking about NRT transcutaneous spinal cord stimulation rather than epidural stimulation as the NRT implant has not been built yet unless you are privy to other information that is not available in the public domain? And I also assume you are differentiating between stimulation of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral segments of the cord when talking about the results?
    I've read the implant papers from Louisville and am familiar with some of their unreleased data. Most of the info I have is transcutaneous. The UCLA/NRT systems have both input and output channels; they measure and stim. I'm not understanding that last part. Most of the work has been lumbar or sacral stim but there has also been thoracic and cervical. Obviously the injury level matters. Stim is done at or below the injury except in stroke cases which have no bearing here.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

I can ask him ... the bad part is that he was only injured a few months before he sought this out ... so who knows if it's natural recovery or as a result of the stimulator and heavy PT.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

He's T6 complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
          I'm 100% certain of this. Edgerton’s approach uses a machine learning system from Caltech to optimize the modulation to the patient.
          How is the machine learning from Caltech being used in studies?
          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
            The UCLA/NRT systems have both input and output channels; they measure and stim
            What output is being measured by the transcutaneous stimulator and how does that measure allow the stimulator to hone down on the optimal parameters for the individual?

Comment

I'll inquire today as to whether & how I can answer these two questions.

Comment

Here's what I know at this point. The machine learning is used during the training phase and seems to have to do with optimizing waveforms and frequencies to training efficacy. Mapping has to do with targeting specific function by spinal cord level and ranges of frequencies and waveforms known to elicit response in other subjects (so the targeting gets better with more data). I don't exactly understand the measurement vs. stimulation part as of yet (and this is a very busy time for my contacts) but I would take a guess that they might be able to measure upper spinal cord waveforms for reproduction in the stimulated area. That's conjecture on my part so take it with a grain of salt. I just know that the latest prototypes have a very large number of channels and include inputs and outputs.

Comment

Working...
                X