No announcement yet.

New, In Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck, pauly! I am guessing your injury is incomplete and from a contusion, and you're paraplegiac. I'll look forward to your updates, but I won't be trying the cancer drug unless a doctor or nurse can administer it. 4-AP-3-MeOH has worked very well for me and safely...

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly1 View Post

Will do anything to get nerves firing like pre SCI. Sun Pharma 3.75mg Lupride Depot on it's way. Need to figure how to stick myself safely. My own clinical trial
      Good luck! I hope you document everything the best you can. Are you able to do physical therapy, like walking/gait training?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
        Are you able to do physical therapy, like walking/gait training?
        Yes, can walk short distances. Arms work too. Just a lot of spasticity, strength loss and altered sensation below C5 compared to pre SCI.
        Last edited by Pauly1; 12-05-2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
          Good luck! I hope you document everything the best you can.
          Docs have discharged ASIA-C results and modified Ashworth scale for spasticity. During 3 month Lupride Depot neuroregeneration own clinical trial will do following to maximize gains with the resources at hand:

- physio for nerve firing
          - 5 degress inclined bed sleep therapy to have gravity help nerve regrowth
          - vibration therapy at base of spine for nerve firing
          - 4AP or AP4-3-MeOH to increase nerve conduction down demyelinated axons
          - hold a Keshe pain pen (Co2 gans) over the injury site before sleep that applies plasma to supposedly heal damaged tissue

I expect a loss of strength due to suppression of testosterone production by the Lupride Depot. Wonder if those reproductive hormones act as a switch to prevent neurogeneration hence requiring this drug to 'take us back to infancy'?

Glial scar -
          I'd love to combine this something to break up the glial scar, eg:

1. CT-guided ChABC injections above/below my injury site OR
          2. get a sample glial scar, apply various pulse frequencies to it with a function generator, observe it's resonant frequency that breaks up the tissue and then apply that daily.
          Last edited by Pauly1; 12-09-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

This is incredible.

Comment

any updates Pauly?

anyupdates?

Comment

Originally posted by JAMESRRR View Post
                anyupdates?
                Still awaiting delivery of the Leupride Depot. Needing to figure a safe injection mechanism. Docs/nurses won't inject unprescribed meds due to insurance reasons. Nor do I have safe injecting rooms (nurse supervised injection of illegal drugs) as used by heroin addicts in my state.

Am leaning towards just doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E__kMjcp0XM . Same 23 gauge needle used.
                Last edited by Pauly1; 01-01-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

If you must give it yourself (do you know a family member or friend who is a nurse who can help you??), then this video is better than the one above. We generally recommend for IM injections that they be given ABOVE the level of injury (ie, into the deltoid muscle of the arm) in people with SCI, as you will get better absorption of the medication there. Please do not use the buttocks, as recent studies have found even nurses and physicians often use an unsafe area there that can damage blood vessels or nerves. If using the thigh, it should be actually a bit more to the side than what you see in this video (not directly on top of the thigh like shown):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMEZdNodGM0

Here is a diagram and directions for using the deltoid:

Completely expose the upper arm. You will give the injection in the center of an upside down triangle. Feel for the bone that goes across the top of the upper arm. This bone is called the acromion process. The bottom of it will form the base of the triangle. The point of the triangle is directly below the middle of the base at about the level of the armpit. The correct area to give an injection is in the center of the triangle, 1 to 2 inches below the acromion process. This site should not be used if the person is very thin or the muscle is very small.
                  (KLD)
                  Attached Files
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    If you must give it yourself (do you know a family member or friend who is a nurse who can help you??), then this video is better than the one above. We generally recommend for IM injections that they be given ABOVE the level of injury (ie, into the deltoid muscle of the arm) in people with SCI, as you will get better absorption of the medication there. Please do not use the buttocks, as recent studies have found even nurses and physicians often use an unsafe area there that can damage blood vessels or nerves. If using the thigh, it should be actually a bit more to the side than what you see in this video (not directly on top of the thigh like shown):
                    Thank you for the guidance.

Lupron/Leupride Depot are lymphozied granules that slow release over 1 month. Is the deltoid necessary then? I ask as am having trouble getting help in doing the injection so am resorting to a self approach. The thigh being the most accessible and easiest given dexterity issues due to SCI.

Comment

This is OK if you don't have excessive atrophy of muscle there, and as long as it is given with correct technique, but it may result in decreased drug absorption. Do you have a family member or friend who can help you?

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Best of luck, pauly! If you want natural testosterone, eat lots of black olives!

Comment

Originally posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
                          Best of luck, pauly! If you want natural testosterone, eat lots of black olives!
                          The Lupron/Leupride depot stops the testosterone production. It's what helps prostate cancer ppl for what it was designed for.

If I want more testosterone, I just eat egg yolks. Full of unoxidized cholesterol, the precursor to testosterone. The testes doing the conversion.

Comment

From http://www.neurores.org/index.php/ne...e/view/403/405

Volume 6, Number 5-6, December 2016, pages 111-113

Clinical Effect of Leuprolide Acetate, an Agonist of GnRH, on Sensitive and Motor Function in a Patient With Chronic Spinal Cord Injury

J. Luis Quintanara, c, Maria del Carmen Diaz-Galindoa, Denisse Calderon-Vallejob, Irma Hernandez-Jassoa

Discussion

The present study provides a novel non-invasive treatment with LA, a GnRH agonist, to a patient with chronic SCI. Sensitive and motor functions were partially recovered with 12 months of treatment.

In SCIs, drug therapy for neurological recovery is a complex multifactorial process. Thus, according to the experimental models on neuroregeneration, LA administration could improve the conditions in patients with SCI through different mechanisms. It is possible that LA can induce: 1) an increase in the synthesis of protein basic of myelin, likewise a decrease in the factor NF-kB activation and mRNA expression levels of proinflammatory cytokines IL-1β, IL-17A and TNF-α as occurs in spinal cord of rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis [11, 12]; and 2) improvement in spinal cord morphology, locomotor behavior, gait, micturition reflex and reduction of microglial immunological reaction in spinal cord as it has been observed in a rat model of SCI [6].

LA injections were well tolerated. Furthermore, the administration of this agonist does not require a surgical procedure as in the case of aFGF, which is a great advantage for its use.

Conclusion

A significant sensitive and motor functions improvement was seen in a chronic SCI patient after LA therapy. The results must be interpreted with considerable caution because only a patient with chronic SCI was treated with LA, but together with several experimental animal studies, they support the need for a large multicenter clinical trial of LA.

Comment

Hey, Pauly1 - any news ???
                              www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                              to what we know about nature
                              Saint Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by comad View Post
                                Hey, Pauly1 - any news ???
                                Sry for the late reply.

Just did my second injection. Was supposed to be 3 injections over 3 months, then take a break and evaluate just like the Mexican trial. However, I buggered up the second injection .. went into a vein instead with a lot of it then coming back out. The good news is no adverse side effects from the 1st injection or even this second one. Awaiting delivery of another Lupride package to get back on track.

As to any benefits. I had an intensive physio session and had sweat on my lower back. A very good sign of some sensory recovery as haven't seen that since my injury but would rather overheat.

Below are some pics of the Luprodex Depot I got from mod4all . It was sent with needles removed so passed border checks. You have to break the ampule with liquid (use the end of a 3ml syringe to lever break it), inject it into the powered capsule, shake it up for a bit, then draw it out 1ml of liquid for injection. It's useful to have a 29guage needle for the mixing and drawing of the final solution, then swap over a 23guage needle for the intramuscular injection. I was doing it in the upper leg as couldn't find a volunteer to do it in the preferred upper arm location suggested by SCInurse.

If you happen to be in Australia, then buying needles and syringes isn't really available for the public. Need to hit up local community centres that do a needle exchange program. They give as many needles, swabs and syringes as you want.

Last edited by Pauly1; 02-25-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X