No announcement yet.

# of posters, I need help, Ideas on what we should do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a General, I'm a concerned parent making some noise. There might be a few Generals on this site, but I think most are soldiers looking for a leader to follow. As CJO has posted "I've been hesitant to use my experience to help others because I didn't want to create false hope. I am beginning to have more changes in sensation and I'm very optimistic for the coming months.

How can I use my personal testimony to help?"

Times are different now. Please don't give up.

Comment

Faye, bigbob and others, Patricia and Sue are kinda the glue that holds Quest together and are the people to contact. Yes the web info is way out of date, it's a low priority rightly or wrongly. I think that's Jeff's baby but not sure.

bigbob, being from NJ I'd be touching base with Renee and others there working on the topic being discussed in Funding Forum.

Faye drop Patricia or Sue a note.

CJO, Did you get my email about our bills hearing coming up Wednesday?

I do think we can organise a committee of sorts and have some ideas, and think it would bear fruit. I'd like to setup a yahoo group when time permits where we could do this with less distrations but inclusive. just thinking
      http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Thanks Leo, I'm confused by all this. I was even thinking that maybe I was doing the wrong thing by trying to get something going here.

Comment

Bigbob and members,

We must keep going forward!

Leo,

Waiting for further news from you!

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-25-04 at 10:23 PM.]
          Suzanne

Comment

i think ip is heading in the right direction. we need some type of committe. alot of us are eagar to do something we just don't know what would have the greatest impact. big numbers get attention so whatever we decide has to be a united front. lol gloria

Comment

Suzanne, I tried my best, if someone ever puts something together and they need a soldier, I'm available. Right now it seems impossible to get federal funds anyway while bush is in office.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbob:

Right now it seems impossible to get federal funds anyway while bush is in office.
                No turning back please!

While we are desperately waiting for a General to kindly step forward to the front to unveil his existence, everyone of us must keep moving on with their own individual ideas, no matter they are big plans or small plans.

We cannot leave all the jobs to the scientists, it's time for us to work for them now...it's been centuries since we have been waiting for miracles...!

Suzanne

P.S. I want to rest my mind for a couple of days, if there's something I can do, please email me, thanks.
                Suzanne

Comment

Patricia and Sue are kinda the glue that holds Quest together and are the people to contact. Yes the web info is way out of date, it's a low priority rightly or wrongly. I think that's Jeff's baby but not sure.
                  Leo
                  I think we have showed enough support to get something going. As you can see our hearts are into it. There are many dedicated people here that would not hesitate if called upon. Lately there has been much discussion about putting something together. It might be wise to pick up on this and ride this wave. However, when you decide you are ready have Patricia and Sue call on us.
                  Peace

Comment

Not at all suzanne, you have already shown a desire to be a fighting soldier. I am with you 100% I, like you, want to help in anyway I can. But, until we get a General or a call to arms from Patricia or Sue there will be no organized effort. For now, I will do as I can on my own by writing some letters. I was assuming that when I quoted Leo when he mentioned Patricia and Sue he was not referring to Suzanne

Comment

The amount of time and energy spent on these threads is staggering. Unfortunately, most of it is ineffective. We are basically impotent because we are way too fragmented.

Yes, we need a general. Yes, we need to be united. Yes, we need (after suitable debate) to support our general 100%. We'll never get traction until we become as one. UNITED we will one day stand.

How do we become as one? I might have an idea or two. What's your's?

By the way - anyone live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and would like to get together to hash over ideas? Email me teehpee@hotmail.com

Tom Pierce

Comment

Bigbob, Leo was referring to Sue Pendleton who is a SCI research activist and lobbyist. Patricia Morton and Cheesecake are also good people to contact regarding upcoming legislation that may need community support.

Comment

Originally posted by seneca:

Bigbob, Leo was referring to Sue Pendleton who is a SCI research activist and lobbyist. Patricia Morton and Cheesecake are also good people to contact regarding upcoming legislation that may need community support.
                          bigbob said: "I posted once before that a letter representing all of us should be sent out with our 5,000 signatures. I think thats the way to go, cause I for one have trouble writing a good letter."

Seneca, why has this never been done yet?

Comment

seneca

posted Jan 26, 2004 06:12 PM

I know , suzanne thought when i said sue I was referring to her

Comment

I answered a question posed by suzanne. Then she edited to remove her question and now it is totally deleted. So, I tried to remove my answer but was told messages cannot be removed from this forum. How did she do it? Now it looks like I answered a question that is not even there. It don't matter, but I would like to know how this works.

Comment

Originally posted by Faye:

bigbob said: "I posted once before that a letter representing all of us should be sent out with our 5,000 signatures. I think thats the way to go, cause I for one have trouble writing a good letter."

Seneca, why has this never been done yet?
                                Faye, I don't know. The only other signature drive I can recall is one the started by Al Bundy to garner support for human trials involving OEG's.

OEG petition website

OEG Petition Targets

Please sign the OEG petition

Draft of OEG Petition

[This message was edited by seneca on 01-27-04 at 10:08 PM.]

Comment

Working...
                                X