Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical question, treatment for acute spinal cord injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
    What if they got cancer and I didn't donate to the Cancer Society? What if they got Alzheimer's and I didn't donate the the Alzheimer's project? I would be understandably upset someone close to me was paralyzed but I wouldn't feel guilty I hadn't donated to acute research.
    Interesting justification... I'm not questioning your integrity in anyway just so you know. You are absolutely correct various horrible things happened to anyone all the time. Personally I would feel beyond guilty if anyone I knew sustained a spinal cord injury especially if I was someone that never participated in bringing about awareness or helping bring a treatment in anyway. In my eyes, in small way I'd be responsible; And technically that's not invalid. Now that I am a victim of spinal cord injury I very much feel responsible and compelled, I know it's true affect now including those with injuries worse than my own. But obviously I understand where you're coming from.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 06-07-2016, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Its my personality. I am one of the few republicans on the politics forum. People probably assume I am pro-life, hate gays, think Obama is a muslim. In fact I am pro-choice, have no problem w/ gays and although I think Obama is a horrible president, it is not because he is black it is because of his policies. I vote republican for a single, simple reason. I will pay less taxes if republicans are in charge than democrats. It is as self centered and as simple as that.

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
      Interesting justification... I'm not questioning your integrity in anyway just so you know. You are absolutely correct various horrible things happened to anyone all the time. Personally I would feel beyond guilty if anyone I knew sustained a spinal cord injury especially if I was someone that never participated in bringing about awareness or helping bring a treatment in anyway. In my eyes, in small way I'd be responsible; And technically that's not invalid. Now that I am a victim of spinal cord injury I very much feel responsible and compelled, I know it's true affect now including those with injuries worse than my own. But obviously I understand where you're coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
        Its my personality. I am one of the few republicans on the politics forum. People probably assume I am pro-life, hate gays, think Obama is a muslim. In fact I am pro-choice, have no problem w/ gays and although I think Obama is a horrible president, it is not because he is black it is because of his policies. I vote republican for a single, simple reason. I will pay less taxes if republicans are in charge than democrats. It is as self centered and as simple as that.
        I am a democrat until republicans find themselves but I respect you for saying why you are a republican because of taxes. Most republicans don't know why they are republicans. Kudos to you.

Comment

I'd like to hear The reasoning behind whoever voted no we don't need to be cured wow!

Comment

Working...
          X