OEC clinical trials in Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question fron dr Tabakow

You doctor, whether you can write, whether the patient felt some changes after the operation?

Comment

patient observation

The patient that underwent OEC-transplantation will be evaluated for any changes in his neurological and general status during the next 2 years. It is to early to say anything about neurological improvement at this time, 2 weeks after the operation. I believe that the first symptoms of improvement due to regeneration of the spinal cord fibers (if any) should appear 3-4 months after the operation.

dr Pawel Tabakow

Comment

Dr. Tabokow thank you for your insight!
        and now we will just wait and pray for good news!

Comment

next question

Dr. Tabakow, some think that actually minimal effects should appear a few days after the operation. Then it is auguring for the more further betterment. Whether after of the ones 4.5 months there will be published somewhere improvements in Jakub, if so will follow? I thank for the reply.
          Ewa - pozdrawiam

Comment

fast improvement

Dear Mrs Ewa,

If there are any improvements in function shortly after an operation of a patient with an injured spinal cord (I mean within the first days or weeks), this may be due even the decompression of the spinal cord from scarring adhesions (myeloadhesiolysis). Such decompression may lead to reduction of the syringomyelic cavity as well as to reactivation of intact axons. But this is not an effect of regeneration or remyelination of injured axons. This process takes longer time and is much more complex.

Regards
            dr Tabakow

Comment

adi- Something happened in Romania? I ask because I have not heard anything about an over-night miracle recovery of sort in Romania??[/QUOTE]
              no cure for sci around the world yet ...only clinical trials without any results.

Comment

hope

Most important slowly everything is aiming to better.

Comment

"no cure for sci around the world yet ...only clinical trials without any results"

adi, thank you very much for you explanation, we did not know about this, this is someting new.
                  thanks again

Comment

Prof. Jarmundowicz and Dr. Tabakow

another news from polish tv. OEC transplant surgery.

sorry, in polish language only.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Vqmv...eature=related

Comment

I would like to inform you all that the next operation is planned to be done next month as I was told in a telephone call with Dr. Tabakow. Also, in a Polish SCI forum, Dr. Tabakow wrote that they already have the 6 patients prepared for the OEC treatment, three of the patients are quads with injuries lower than C4 and the other three are paraplegics.

Comment

Thanks for the update hp

Paolo
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

hp.
                          do you know how long after injury? are they chronic?

Dr. Tabakow, do you have any information for us, if you would be so kind

Comment

Last edited by S_o_p_h_e; 27 Jul 2008, 4:12 PM.

Comment

I'm new, this is my first post

This is a translation from a Polish SCI forum post that was posted by Dr. Tabakow.

Referring to questions

Questions referring to the current condition of Mr. Tokarz: He passed the experimental procedure very well and now he is doing a rehabilitation program.
                              Unfortunately, due to the fact that these are clinical trails we cannot tell everything because of certain rules. At least in a year's time we cannot inform the public of the patient's neurological status and of his medical treatment. After the year, there will given a public statement.
                              The fact that we will not be giving information out doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Comment

Welcome and thanks Rexio

Comment

Working...
                                X