study at the miami project needs test subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• study at the miami project needs test subjects

I just finished a screening at the Miami project, they test your neural responses to electrical stimulation. I believe you have to be incomplete below your injury site. I'm driving 400 miles for each day of testing, I wasn't going to at first because of the drive, but when I realized the lack of volunteers, I changed my mind and am doing it. I figure the more data they have the better for all of us.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Originally posted by trekker6 View Post
    I just finished a screening at the Miami project, they test your neural responses to electrical stimulation. I believe you have to be incomplete below your injury site. I'm driving 400 miles for each day of testing, I wasn't going to at first because of the drive, but when I realized the lack of volunteers, I changed my mind and am doing it. I figure the more data they have the better for all of us.
    Thank you for going above and beyond trekker6! That is really great!
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks trekker

Comment

What is the study? What are they evaluating you for?

Comment

Originally posted by tomsonite View Post
          What is the study? What are they evaluating you for?

Yes ...
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Well done man

Comment

Awesome!
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I did my first testing today, two different sets, they did some eletro stimulation, but mostly trans cranial magnetic stimulation, you hear a click and it jolts your brain gets a jolt and your hand moves, they also stimulated my spinal around c-4, where it made my hand jump.
                They also did intermittent hypoxia treatments about 30 rounds, they will do it again next week, i''m not sure if it was real or not, they are doing one with nine % oxygen and one with regular air to eliminate the placebo effect.

Its very interesting and they say the treatments may change or strengthen neural pathways.

I would encourage anyone in the area to participate, unfortunately, it seems to be more for incompletes.
                "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

Yesterday I drove to Miami 530 am and got home at 930pm.
                  The test I did was very interesting, they were testing my legs response to get a baseline and did what I would call nerve plasticizing protocol, instead of giving me frequent jolts for five minutes they gave me slower jolts every 20-30 seconds, for what seemed like an hour, then he started testing my nerve responses using TMS to stimulate the muscles and the electrodes to measure the nerve response. The doctor seemed excited with the response, he said my nerves had a 50% increase in response, the testing lasted over 30 minutes with 6-5 minute test cycles, he wanted to do more testing so we did more and he said the nerves still remained good.

Today I feel much better walking, not nervous like I have been since after my cancer treatment to the brain, where I lost a lot of function and stamina.
                  I'm going to the clinic as long as I can and hopefully I get on the intermittent hypoxia trial.

Comment

That's great Trekker, I'm so glad for you!

Comment

You are a fighter, thanks for traveling far for the trial

Comment

Awesome man, I watch their videos that Grammy had a link and it seems like they have multiple programs that are going on. Schwan cells, Stem Cells trial also taking place at their location, exseloton and others. I also like your signature

Comment

well done my friend

Comment

So glad you are able and willing to participate in the study. Thanks for all your efforts.
                            You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                            http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                            http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X