No announcement yet.

Advanced platform technology center clinical trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, looking forward to hearing more and thanks for the update!

Comment

My surgery went well now 6 weeks of taking it easy before I go back to turn the stim on and start working out more muscles.
      c6 inc since 2-19-11
      ex pro-am motocross racer
      tilite aero z s2

Comment

Any news Wills?

Comment

After 6 weeks of taking it easy since the surgery I am going back next week to start testing the rest of my muscles and standing using the stim.
          Here's a link to a youtube video of the APT team showing others who have the same implant as I have. The APT center took gold at the Cybathlon with their implanted fes system.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81KmjJ1flLY
          c6 inc since 2-19-11
          tilite aero z s2

Comment

Tuesday was my 1st day standing with the implanted system. It felt great! I stood 8-10 times for 1-3 minutes each. The more I stand the easier it gets and more stable I feel. We worked on different stim patterns that I can use for posture, working out, driving, bridging, etc. The one trunk pattern I can hold both arms straight out infront of me playing tug of war and I'm stable enough to drag my chair with the brakes on. The driving pattern gives me good posture and holds me back against the seat so I'm not constantly pushing against the steering wheel to hold myself back. The sit up pattern I can bend down until my chest is touching my knees, then sit back up without using my hands. All of the patterns I can turn the stim up or down depending how strong it want it to be.
            c6 inc since 2-19-11
            tilite aero z s2

Comment

I haven't updated in awhile. My implanted system in still working great. The longest I've stood for is 30 minutes straight then got bored. With afo's on I am able to take steps. My 1st day with them I walked 30ft 5 times. I have also been pedaling on the catrike. My best has been 2 miles in 27 minutes.
              The current functions I have/am able to do are Stand, walking, kneeling, sit up, transfer, bridge, leg lifts (1 or both at a time), trunk(backs+glutes), backs only, backs+quads(great for stretching), glutes only, extends all(standing muscles but on different pulse width to build endurance)

Sorry the photos are so big. Mods please resize if you can
              c6 inc since 2-19-11
              tilite aero z s2

Comment

Does one have to have lower limb movement to participate in this trial?

Comment

Awsome
                  "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                  ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky831 View Post
                      Does one have to have lower limb movement to participate in this trial?
                      No they've done completes, incompletes and stroke patients
                      c6 inc since 2-19-11
                      tilite aero z s2

Comment

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
                        No they've done completes, incompletes and stroke patients
                        And what sort of results did the completes get?

Comment

Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
                          And what sort of results did the completes get?
                          The same as mine, able to do all the activities in my other post. I have some hip flexor movement so that helps with taking steps. I could've used 2 channels to work my hip flexors to help me step but I chose to use those channels for more core muscles because my core is more important to me than stepping.
                          c6 inc since 2-19-11
                          tilite aero z s2

Comment

Dear Willis,
                            What about bladder and bowel?
                            Thanks. Best wishes.

Ivano

Comment

Originally posted by ivanoperetti View Post
                              Dear Willis,
                              What about bladder and bowel?
                              Thanks. Best wishes.

Ivano
                              No changes with bladder but the backs only pattern tightens up my abs and speeds up my bowel routine
                              c6 inc since 2-19-11
                              tilite aero z s2

Comment

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
                                The same as mine, able to do all the activities in my other post. I have some hip flexor movement so that helps with taking steps. I could've used 2 channels to work my hip flexors to help me step but I chose to use those channels for more core muscles because my core is more important to me than stepping.
                                Nice. Was there any issues with AD between any of the participants while stimulated?

Comment

Working...
                                X