Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems like nothings happening....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    It just feels like this time next year will be the same story

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
      Would't be easier to publish the data in an open source journal?
      I believe scientists want to be published in journals that other respected scientists read, and scientists don't have time to read all the published journals. Furthermore, scientists want to read journals that are heavily refereed, i.e. peered reviewed to insure the contents are correct. This results in few respected journals that are very selective about what they publish and that have no problem rejecting papers that don't comply with their standards due to topic or accuracy.

      Comment


        #18
        [QUOTE=Jim;1790646]Hey Eric, there hasn't been any coverage because the data can not be released before the paper is published. Once published, Wise will be able to speak freely about the results and release the data. It has been a herculean effort to create a clinical trial network in China (26 Centers) and carry out six clinical trials, for $2 million. The foundation has been laid and now we are prepared to move forward in India, US, and soon Norway. Hang in there.[/QUOTE

        Am I right in saying the papers was send in to the FDA and they where send back.!! With no decision taken As yet ? Again if wise and his team was to show the hard work to the Tv channels what he is trying to do. It might move it a long and bring in a lot of much needed funds.
        I am sorry if this was said before
        AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


        http://justadollarplease.org

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Han Solo View Post
          It just feels like this time next year will be the same story
          i am with you on this. For you will read soon some where along the lines. We hope to do this in the first half of the year or in the last quarter of the year. As you say we will be back here next year ??
          AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


          http://justadollarplease.org

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by skeaman View Post
            Am I right in saying the papers was send in to the FDA and they where send back.!! With no decision taken As yet ? Again if wise and his team was to show the hard work to the Tv channels what he is trying to do. It might move it a long and bring in a lot of much needed funds.
            I am sorry if this was said before
            The FDA does not publish papers, journals do that.
            We can not release the clinical trial data to the media before publication.The paper will soon be published.

            The US FDA approves clinical trials. We are working with them and plan to start the trial this year.

            Comment


              #21
              Frankly if I don't get return in sensation and sexual function reasonably soon I'am lost. Life is becoming very black-and-white when all you feel is pain, pressure, AD and empty numbing nothingness with no real pleasure to compensate every once in a while mentally and physically, for release of tension and natural chemicals , not to mention letting you know your actually there.

              without decent arm/hand/core/sensory I'm trapped in dependency sorry but it's a truly repulsive lifestyle, not a shred of nobility! Nothing your own, only the expectations to be cared for now and in the future, sick...

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                The FDA does not publish papers, journals do that.
                We can not release the clinical trial data to the media before publication.The paper will soon be published.

                The US FDA approves clinical trials. We are working with them and plan to start the trial this year.
                Jim
                Thanks for putting me right. Has the FDA approved trials for this year 2016. If so will it be in the first quarter off the year or the last quarter.
                AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


                http://justadollarplease.org

                Comment


                  #23
                  The trial has not yet been approved. We do expect to start later this year.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                    Frankly if I don't get return in sensation and sexual function reasonably soon I'am lost. Life is becoming very black-and-white when all you feel is pain, pressure, AD and empty numbing nothingness with no real pleasure to compensate every once in a while mentally and physically, for release of tension and natural chemicals , not to mention letting you know your actually there.

                    without decent arm/hand/core/sensory I'm trapped in dependency sorry but it's a truly repulsive lifestyle, not a shred of nobility! Nothing your own, only the expectations to be cared for now and in the future, sick...
                    Do you believe that you'll return to as you were before?
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                      Do you believe that you'll return to as you were before?
                      No never, not anymore been too long after injury, the damage paralysis does to the body is substantial. Mind you, most people get a treatment stem cells for example and they expect said treatment to just magically repair everything. I don't expect that I don't even hope for that the treatment is just step one, I will dedicate my life to other treatments and more importantly the regenerative focused rehabilitation... Hand function literally changes everything, it's a complete game changer

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
                        I believe scientists want to be published in journals that other respected scientists read, and scientists don't have time to read all the published journals. Furthermore, scientists want to read journals that are heavily refereed, i.e. peered reviewed to insure the contents are correct. This results in few respected journals that are very selective about what they publish and that have no problem rejecting papers that don't comply with their standards due to topic or accuracy.
                        I agree with your considerations, while many people start to question the equation "high impact factor journal = high quality" considering the increasing number of retractions http://www.nature.com/news/2011/1110...l/478026a.html

                        especially after the STAP cells scandal http://www.nature.com/news/stap-1.15332

                        So the peer review system needs to be fixed somehow.

                        At the same time there is a substantial rise of open access journals and an on-going transitions toward "open science". For ex. under "Horizon 2020" (the EU frame work programme for research and innovation) each beneficiary must ensure open access to all peer-reviewed scientific publications relating to its results. https://ec.europa.eu/research/partic...t-guide_en.pdf
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          The FDA does not publish papers, journals do that.
                          We can not release the clinical trial data to the media before publication.The paper will soon be published.

                          The US FDA approves clinical trials. We are working with them and plan to start the trial this year.
                          Thanks Jim for the update. With all respect, can you quantify "the paper will soon be published". What does soon mean -- 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? Really looking for something concrete from the China trials, good or bad, am hoping to read the outcomes. Thank you.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                            No never, not anymore been too long after injury, the damage paralysis does to the body is substantial. Mind you, most people get a treatment stem cells for example and they expect said treatment to just magically repair everything. I don't expect that I don't even hope for that the treatment is just step one, I will dedicate my life to other treatments and more importantly the regenerative focused rehabilitation... Hand function literally changes everything, it's a complete game changer
                            James, have you followed BMX'er Stephen Murray's story? C3 quad who did a lot of physio and now has some arm and foot movement, he's fairly determined and won't accept his situation and was injured 2007

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by beachlover View Post
                              Thanks Jim for the update. With all respect, can you quantify "the paper will soon be published". What does soon mean -- 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? Really looking for something concrete from the China trials, good or bad, am hoping to read the outcomes. Thank you.
                              I would say 3-5 months.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by mrb View Post
                                James, have you followed BMX'er Stephen Murray's story? C3 quad who did a lot of physio and now has some arm and foot movement, he's fairly determined and won't accept his situation and was injured 2007
                                I have not, sounds like a good man I'll have to look into that thank you. I talked with Doug Smith a quadriplegic who basically fully recovered mind you his accident was obviously pretty incomplete.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X