Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How paralyzed patients are able to stand again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How paralyzed patients are able to stand again

    Anybody seen this? It looks really promising.

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/health...ain/index.html

  • #2
    Originally posted by rollin64 View Post
    Anybody seen this? It looks really promising.

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/health...ain/index.html
    Wow the thing I noticed was the quad with the tattoos. I don't recall in the last video him having any hand function.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
      Wow the thing I noticed was the quad with the tattoos. I don't recall in the last video him having any hand function.
      I see the hand thing is good at speculation but so far what I gather of Epidural stimulation is that the main focus should not be that people are kinda doing some limited standing; the return of autonomic functions should be a bigger story in my eyes
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

      "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


      2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
        I see the hand thing is good at speculation but so far what I gather of Epidural stimulation is that the main focus should not be that people are kinda doing some limited standing; the return of autonomic functions should be a bigger story in my eyes
        Oh I agree. Being a quad that is just the first thing my eyes focused on.

        Comment


        • #5
          yes arm and hand function and bbs is more important to me
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

          "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


          2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

          Comment


          • #6
            Im with you guys on that. But look at how he is standing right here. I think thats pretty fuggin cool.

            Comment


            • #7
              This is so great! I really needed to see this today!! Thanks for posting!

              Comment


              • #8
                I know...this really turned me on. Even after 14 years c-6-7.
                I have been able to move toes on my left foot since injury in 2001.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How does a spinal stimulator effect functional recovery? What is the meaning of "voluntary standing." Is this the equivalent of manipulating your body to cause a spasm? Or is there real signal from the brain getting through the site of injury? Where is a good reference on how this technology works?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Have you noticed that reporters love to cling to the word "someday" when they refer to spinal recovery? It's as if, talking about recovery in the near-term is a crime or something

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Where do you sign up for that study?!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X