No announcement yet.

is there any good news out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread actually helped... this news sounds really good, so good its hard for me to even imagine it materializing, honestly... Its strange but for me its actually hard to even picture a procedure to help sci happening in america. 16 yrs later you get afraid to even think of things like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric.S View Post
      Wow, this thread actually helped... this news sounds really good, so good its hard for me to even imagine it materializing, honestly... Its strange but for me its actually hard to even picture a procedure to help sci happening in america. 16 yrs later you get afraid to even think of things like that...

I am a few years under 16 years post but I know what you are saying. Any mention of actual return of significant function that is real has come to sound like 'pie in the sky' stuff that is mentioned but always with a hint of doubt about it actually ever happening ...like I used to tell my Friends that a cure is coming and I will be hanging out like old times but I have since stopped talking about it for years because it seemed like it would never really happen. I got tired of talking that way...sucks
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
        I am a few years under 16 years post but I know what you are saying. Any mention of actual return of significant function that is real has come to sound like 'pie in the sky' stuff that is mentioned but always with a hint of doubt about it actually ever happening ...like I used to tell my Friends that a cure is coming and I will be hanging out like old times but I have since stopped talking about it for years because it seemed like it would never really happen. I got tired of talking that way...sucks
        yea, what I've noticed is that people around me have stopped mentioning it. I guess I've just become "the guy in the wheelchair" now. I like the other guy personally....

Comment

It does sound like things with Epidural Stimulation is really progressing too, I think you're going to be hearing a lot about that in the future. It is just taking a lot of time like everything else that is SCI cure related.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
          X