InVivo Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c473s View Post
    Not all trials are a fit with all facilities. Some are quite obviously correct for Trauma centers and others for acute rehabs. Few rehab facilities have the resources or the patient numbers for multiple trials. It forces some picking and choosing.
    The newly required electronic medical record is an unrecognized enemy. The implementation and billing issues are many times doubling or tripling the cash receivables cutting already thin margin to near zero. Sadly money remains king.
    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Wise (with mucho collaboration) also started a network in India, recently brought their Drs. to China. They are now working on getting approval from their regulatory agencies to begin the trial in '16, same in US and China.
    Thanks for adding to that c473s and Jim. Not all are created equal and don't really need to be.
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

10/08/15 Message from Jesi Stracham:

"Hi guys!
      So therapy was great yesterday. I walked around outside with the walker, inside with the canes for a grand total of 600 feet!!! I'm going to up that next week. I want this more! In other news I regret to inform you that Jordan ended our relationship a few weeks ago. He said he has too much on his plate to be with me or any other girl. On ward and upward that's what I am doing!!! I want it more so I am putting the work in when it comes to walking! I also am entered in an event at the whitewater center November 14th! I'll give you more details as they come! Cheers everyone!

PS did I mention there's a new video on my YouTube channel? Stracham820"
      "I'm manic as hell-
      But I'm goin' strong-
      Left my meds on the sink again-
      My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/pr...inal-scaffold/

InVivo Therapeutics Reports Significant Improvement of First Patient Implanted with Neuro-Spinal Scaffold?

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (Oct 23, 2015) ? InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV) today announced a 12- month post-implant update for the first study patient in the company?s ongoing pilot trial of its investigational Neuro-Spinal ScaffoldTM in patients with complete acute spinal cord injury.

In the time between the 6-month and 12-month post-injury assessments, the patient continued to demonstrate improvement in the American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA) lower extremity motor score with an additional 8 points gained on this 50 point score. The patient demonstrated additional bilateral improvements in the motor function of hip flexors and knee extensors and for the first time bilateral contractions of the ankle dorsiflexors and ankle plantar flexors.

A large natural history database shows that patients with similar level injuries (T10-T12) have an average increase of lower extremity motor scores between 6 and 12 months of fewer than 2 points.

?I am delighted that our first patient continued to experience significant motor improvement after the 6-month visit. It is particularly exciting that the patient is regaining motor function in the ankle region as this indicates recovery is occurring not only in muscles that demonstrated some early recovery, but also in new muscles further down the legs. We are all hoping for continued improvement for the patient in the future. It was a brave decision to volunteer to be the first person ever to receive our investigational product, and it has been rewarding to observe the patient?s steady improvement over the last year,? said Mark Perrin, InVivo?s CEO and Chairman.
        "I'm manic as hell-
        But I'm goin' strong-

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

The original trial is being expanded from 5 up to 10 with 5 key notes...

LINK

Comment

InVivo is in discussions with the FDA on their chronic scaffold.

InVivo Therapeutics is a research and clinical-stage biomaterials and biotechnology company with a focus on treatment of spinal cord injuries. The Company was founded in 2005 with proprietary technology co-invented by Robert Langer, Sc.D., Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Joseph P. Vacanti, M.D., who then was at Boston Children’s Hospital and who now is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. In 2011, the Company earned the David S. Apple Award from the American Spinal Injury Association for its outstanding contribution to spinal cord injury medicine. In 2015, the Company’s investigational Neuro-Spinal Scaffold received the 2015 Becker’s Healthcare Spine Device Award. www.invivotherapeutics.com

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
              InVivo is in discussions with the FDA on their chronic scaffold.

InVivo Therapeutics is a research and clinical-stage biomaterials and biotechnology company with a focus on treatment of spinal cord injuries. The Company was founded in 2005 with proprietary technology co-invented by Robert Langer, Sc.D., Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Joseph P. Vacanti, M.D., who then was at Boston Children’s Hospital and who now is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. In 2011, the Company earned the David S. Apple Award from the American Spinal Injury Association for its outstanding contribution to spinal cord injury medicine. In 2015, the Company’s investigational Neuro-Spinal Scaffold received the 2015 Becker’s Healthcare Spine Device Award. www.invivotherapeutics.com
              Thank you Grammy
              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Key Opinion Leader and Company Update Webcast 12/3/15

Published on Dec 14, 2015 By, InVivo Therapeutics - You Tube

InVivo Therapeutics Announces Key Opinion Leader Event
                and Company Update with Robert Langer, ScD, and Nicholas Theodore, MD -
                InVivo Therapeutics

http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/pr...s-theodore-md/
                Last edited by ineedmyelin; 29 Dec 2015, 9:02 PM.
                "I'm manic as hell-
                But I'm goin' strong-

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

finances

Originally posted by nrf View Post
                  Don't forget that many Acutes get spontaneous return with no therapy of any kind. If this happens with any of the patients then Invivo can use the "data" to mislead the whole community again. Intervention on Acutes is a BullShit game.
                  http://seekingalpha.com/article/4035...o-therapeutics

http://finance.yahoo.com/m/953da4e4-...o-acquire.html

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                    Thank you Grammy
                    The problem I have with the outcomes from their acute trial, is you cannot with absolute certainty diagnose someone Asia A within the first 24 hours of injury, I would say minimum three months to have a more accurate diagnosis for the spinal shock to dissipate a little. The reason some completes naturally "recover" is because they were misdiagnosed complete far too early on.

Comment

Working...
                    X