No announcement yet.

Heading to the Stem Cell Institute in Panama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the money to do this but wouldn't waste my time even if they were the ones paying ME
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
      i have the money to do this but wouldn't waste my time even if they were the ones paying ME
      Nearly fell in to the trap, despite having complications and being reassured it doesn't matter and things would be sweet if I pay up the P's. I'm not mentioning the name of the company behind it... But they are disgusting salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by taymas View Post
        Nearly fell in to the trap, despite having complications and being reassured it doesn't matter and things would be sweet if I pay up the P's. I'm not mentioning the name of the company behind it... But they are disgusting salesmen.

Well done sir...it's horribly tempting for those that don't do dilligent research I admit that

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

This was an answer he gave to a question on facebook recently:

That's awesome man congrats! How much of an improvement did you have after going the first time around?
          Like ? 1 ? April 6 at 9:30pm

Josh Rivers A lot!! Can move my whole right leg around now in any direction, and can move the toes a little. I just need the ankle muscles so I can lift my foot to take steps, then I'll be good to go �� It helped with my back pain somewhat too and I can also hold my pee in a little bit longer so it helps me get to a bathroom in time. I can also feel temperature now in some areas below my injury again. And less leg spasms

Comment

Originally posted by greenseed View Post
            This was an answer he gave to a question on facebook recently:

That's awesome man congrats! How much of an improvement did you have after going the first time around?
            Like ? 1 ? April 6 at 9:30pm

Josh Rivers A lot!! Can move my whole right leg around now in any direction, and can move the toes a little. I just need the ankle muscles so I can lift my foot to take steps, then I'll be good to go �� It helped with my back pain somewhat too and I can also hold my pee in a little bit longer so it helps me get to a bathroom in time. I can also feel temperature now in some areas below my injury again. And less leg spasms
            See, my thing is: those are all minimal gains that can be attributed to the rehab arm of that treatment without the cells

Comment

The first questions should be about the cells; what are they actually, where do they come from, who processes them, how are they administered? There should be a paper trail of certification.

Comment

I see what you mean. Reading his blog though it didnt sound like he was there long enough for that to be the only factor. I could be totally wrong though. The lack of clinical trials and scientific procedure to understand what is working or not doesnt produce much confidence though does it.

Comment

Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
                  Not that I believe the Stem Cell Institute does anything except take people's money, but if you go to Josh's blog, http://joshsrecovery.blogspot.com , and look on the right, you'll see a link to his Facebook profile. If you go there, you'll see that he's going back for a second treatment soon.

My goal is to be the last person in the US without a Facebook account

Comment

Looks like Josh is going back to Panama on the 21st

Josh Rivers
                    Everything is all set, I leave to Panama for my second treatment on the 21st!!! I hope to finally be where I want with my walking after this. It feels like my life has been on pause the last 6 years so I'm ready to get through this and finally move forward ����feeling excited.

Comment

Has anyone followed up on Josh Rivers. I see that on his blog, he has made a good amount of progress since his 2nd treatment. On his facebook page, there is actually a short clip of him walking unassisted which is quite amazing.
                      I know that the stem cell institute in Panama has been questioned quite a bit, but I wonder if they got their act together. I know that the institute recently received alot of attention as well from a podcast with Mel Gibson and Joe Rogan who are advocates, but i've been looking up youtube videos of many other patients who used there services for autism for their children and received beneficial effects.
                      Just wondering if there are anyone here who has used the Panama stem cell institute within the past 3 or so years because maybe they got better with their techniques or protocols as witnessed by the progress of Josh Rivers and other individuals.
                      Last edited by RyanJ; 17 Nov 2018, 1:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJ View Post
                        Just wondering if there are anyone here who has used the Panama stem cell institute within the past 3 or so years because maybe they got better with their techniques or protocols as witnessed by the progress of Josh Rivers and other individuals.
                        Cellmedicine do not have any method to break the lesion that prevents axon repair. Hence they are not publishing data showing efficacy. The DR there does like to take US$37k of your money, create fake conferences giving talks and make exaggerated claims on Joe Rogan's podcast about his SCI treatment.

you can read Dr Vaquero's results to get an idea of such injections. He uses autologous bone marrow supported in plasma with his special NC1 sauce.

via intrathecal injection - low results
                        https://www.celltherapyjournal.org/a...471-7/fulltext
                        https://www.celltherapyjournal.org/a...618-1/fulltext

injecting in/around lesion - can get very good results
                        https://www.celltherapyjournal.org/a...377-2/fulltext

If you are complete SCI, Unique Access and brighthope hospitals do lesion injections of MSCs.

Or consider waiting for Dr. Silver's peptide to be made available to break the lesion:

https://www.nervgenpharma.com/technology

Comment

He said he could move his toes. Why did he not show this?
                          Art

Comment

Actual photo of me as people keep the Panama thread relative even though it's an obvious sham for SCI
                            Attached Files

Comment

May need to revise my assessment. Based on references below, we see Cell Medicine is one of the few stem cell treatments that includes supportive bone marrow mononuclear cells to provide stem cell growth factors. This mirrors what Dr. Vaquero in Spain does, with proven scientific results, though he has a special patented "NC1" medicament to provide MSC support.

Cell Medicine are a little cagey on their protocol but I believe below we've been able to list what exactly they are doing. Only thing unclear is whether they mix CD34+ cells derived from umbilical cord cells with their MSCs. Or if their bone marrow mononuclear cells are the source of these CD34+ cells.

Summary: Cell Medicine do several UC-MSC IT & IV injections so they freely home in on damaged tissue. They finish off with a final BM-MNC IT & IV presumably to provide growth factors to the inplanted UC-MSCs and provide CD34+ cells for vessel repair. Note the 2 days in between the final UC-MSC & BM-MNC IT injection to prevent their inference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derived Panama's Cell Medicine 2-week SCI followup protocol

Day 1: eval, 20mil UC-MSC IV

Day 2: bone marrow extraction to generate BM-MNC

Day 3: 20mil UC-MSC IT

Day 5: 20mil UC-MSC IT

Day 8: 20mil UC-MSC IT

Day 10: 20mil UC-MSC IT + 20mil UC-MSC IV

Day 12: BM-MNC IT + BM-MNC IV, eval & discharge

References

1. Josh's Cell Medicine (Panama) SCI 2-week followup protocol
                              http://joshsrecovery.blogspot.com/2017/06/no-more-headaches-i-have-been-feeling.html

• May 22, 2017 - Initial medical eval and lab tests.
                              • May 23, 2017 - Bone Marrow extraction (R.C)
                              • May 24, 26, 29, 31 & June 2, 2017 - Five intrathecal (IT) stem cell injections
                              • May 22, 31 & June 2, 2017 - Three intravenous (IV) stem cell infusions
                              • June 2, 2017 - Final medical evaluation and discharge.

You have received 8.00 x 10^8 human mesenchymal stem cells [an error, should it be 8.00 x 10^7??] from umbilical cord tissue (hUC-MSCs) and 4.65 x 10^8 autologous BM-MNC.

2. Physicians? SCI Treatment Protocol Recommendation (via email)

• Treatment length 4 weeks (weekdays only)
                              • 160 million expanded allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells (intrathecal administration)
                              • 80 million expanded allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells (intravenous administration)
                              • 2 intrathecal (IT) of injections of autologous bone marrow cells mononuclear cells
                              • 2 intravenous (IV) injections of autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells

3. Treatment protocol at https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-ce...l-cord-injury/

[They appear to refer to BM-MNCs as BM-MSCs here]

Duration: 4 weeks

• Physical examination, blood testing and bone marrow collection
                              • 8 intrathecal (spinal canal) injections of expanded umbilical cord tissue-derived stem cells
                              • 4 intravenous injections (IV) expanded umbilical cord tissue-derived stem cells
                              • 2 intrathecal (lumbar puncture) injections of bone marrow-derived stem cells
                              • 2 intravenous injections (IV) bone marrow-derived stem cells (upon availability after IT injections)

Comment

Working...
                              X