No announcement yet.

Heading to the Stem Cell Institute in Panama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh, will you be getting an ASIA exam from a doctor or PT before you go? Also, have you tried a high dose (2-4 hours/day, 3-5 days/week) of intensive PT/activity-based exercise before? Or will Panama be your first time doing anything outside of standard medical treatment?

Comment

It seems important to me to have a complete AIS as tomsonite suggests so you have a real baseline. Please do report back. There have been several who did not report back on their various therapies. I holds great value for others here to hear from you.

Comment

Has anyone gone to this place and actually had functional returns? As in motor, sensory and/ or BBS function.

Comment

Would love to hear Dr Youngs comments to this person.

Comment

No update from the guy who's brother went- http:///forum/showthread.php?176482-...tute-in-Panama

His blog hasn't been updated since 2012- http:///forum/showthread.php?176482-...tute-in-Panama

This is a research paper written by Rebecca Johnston, Daniel's sister. She recently graduated from a Physical Therapy degree program, and wrote her Capstone paper about Daniel's stem cell therapy treatment in Panama. Daniel is presented anonymously in the paper, but Rebecca and Daniel have given their permission for this paper to be shared. Daniel's ASIA scores (pre and post treatment) are in the appendix of this paper.- http://danielleonard.weebly.com/1/po...l-therapy.html

Haven't had a chance to read yet.

Comment

How much does it cost? It sucks that there is treatment out there but not everyone has access to it because it cost so much.

Comment

Wait until you are certain it has good results. It may not be something you want to pay for or try.

Originally posted by mxracer86 View Post
                How much does it cost? It sucks that there is treatment out there but not everyone has access to it because it cost so much.

Comment

Originally posted by c473s View Post
                  Wait until you are certain it has good results. It may not be something you want to pay for or try.
                  Yes thats the reason that I don't pick up and go, not really anything concrete and documented that I know of ...
                  "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Sorry for the late response as yesterday was my Mother's Birthday. I haven't had an ASIA test in about 2 years, but all of my current movement and function abilities I have documented in a video I posted on my blog page as of 2 weeks ago April 2015. The cost is $32,500 for treatment, and consists of multiple injections and physical therapy throughout the month. I have had physical therapy and time at the gym almost every day since my injury, so improvements will definitely be because of the stem cells as opposed to me just working on my legs and such during that month. And yes I was also disappointed in the others who went and didn't update on their progress, so I am hoping that what I am doing will be of benefit to many others
                    Last edited by Josh017; 6 May 2015, 4:37 PM.

Comment

What's your level of injury? And are you incomplete or complete?

Comment

Josh, b/b/s stuff?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Yes that too

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                            Yes that too

Thats my problem, it's always a vague answer

Comment

Looked at your blog You are very incomplete Josh, this may actually benefit you. interested to see what happens, really hope you get your moneys worth!

Comment

I am T-10 incomplete. As with b/b/s, I feel when I need to urinate but can only hold it in for up to about 2 minutes. I still have problems every once in a while of waking up and the bed is wet. Bowel I use suppositories every few days. If I have an upset stomach or something causes me to have to go, I definitely cannot hold it in at all to even have a chance to get to the bathroom in time. As for sexual function I have no feeling, no arousal at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X