Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
    All in it's own time... I believe there will be some very important news coming to light within the next couple of months.
    Did this news come to light yet? Or "soon"?

    Comment


    • I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

      T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
        I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
        That sucks. Will be interesting to hear the reasoning behind it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
          I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
          That's odd, I don't understand their reasoning for not taking women?
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
            Yes, things get recycled and recycled as long as they can. The Story was back again in the news about the Epidural Stimulation on CNN and other news channels the other day just as if it was new news all over again. "Hope for Spinal Cord injury Patients" The first Stimulator of this type was implanted over 5 years ago and from what they say the effects are fairly instant, so this news has been known for a long time. But gotta get more donations, raise more money and then the next "Big Idea" will come out and the scenario repeats itself. Seen this time and time again over the past 34 years. The public must think there are like 1000 cures for Spinal Cord Injury.
            why isn't this already funded? Anyone have any idea?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
              Did this news come to light yet? Or "soon"?
              Bump.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
                She posted this on facebook this morning-

                Dr. Susan Harkema
                32 mins
                Thank you everyone for the interest and discussion related to our most recent manuscript on the effects of lumbosacral spinal cord epidural stimulation on standing after chronic spinal cord injury published in PLOS One. I wanted to let you all know that we are actively recruiting women into all of our research studies. We have experienced challenges, however, namely that there is at least a 2 to 1 male-to-female ratio among adults with spinal cord injury according to the World Health Organization, and some recent studies have reported a 4:1 ratio. I want to encourage all women living with spinal cord injury to visit our website, http://www.victoryoverparalysis.org, and register for our research inquiry database if you are interested in participation.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  She posted this on facebook this morning-

                  Dr. Susan Harkema
                  32 mins
                  Thank you everyone for the interest and discussion related to our most recent manuscript on the effects of lumbosacral spinal cord epidural stimulation on standing after chronic spinal cord injury published in PLOS One. I wanted to let you all know that we are actively recruiting women into all of our research studies. We have experienced challenges, however, namely that there is at least a 2 to 1 male-to-female ratio among adults with spinal cord injury according to the World Health Organization, and some recent studies have reported a 4:1 ratio. I want to encourage all women living with spinal cord injury to visit our website, http://www.victoryoverparalysis.org, and register for our research inquiry database if you are interested in participation.
                  There you go lynnifer

                  Comment


                  • Going to be difficult to find women when the study still says males. *shakes head*

                    Also, since when have statistics been updated for genders in spinal cord injury? I'd want to know where and what year those statistics are from ... whatever.

                    I'm sure they gladly take fundraising monies from women.
                    Attached Files
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                    Comment


                    • Also, look at the trial completion date ... January 2020. Ten people. I thought it was $36 for 36?
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                      T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                      Comment


                      • Yesterday it was posted that the cinicaltrials.gov website would be updated and correctly to show women as well.
                        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                        T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                        Comment


                        • Yes I know exactly what Curt's talking about. I feel the same way. I wonder how long those guys were injured. I was lucky enough to find this blast from the past. https://archives.nbclearn.com/portal...?cuecard=40163 note how they say at the end it was funded by The American Paralysis Association, now CRF. The Spinal Cord Society funded this work, president Chas Carson was furious. Like he said, where did they just pull those words out of the air. Well other an that I read some "cure" article once in awhile. I just went to the SCS site. Their work seems promising, but don't they all. Dr. Carson did always say combinations are the way to go.
                          Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
                          Bob Seger

                          Comment


                          • I'm so sick of logging on here for 13 years to see a lot, a lot of nothing. Really depressing.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                              I'm so sick of logging on here for 13 years to see a lot, a lot of nothing. Really depressing.
                              +1 8 years here

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                                I'm so sick of logging on here for 13 years to see a lot, a lot of nothing. Really depressing.
                                Aren't you excited about epidural stimulation at all? LOL!
                                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X