Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Yes, I remember Brain-gate very well, infact I had a job interview with a company called Cyber Kinetics that was behind Brain-gate in Massachusetts around 7 years ago or so and was reminded of it recently when Dr. Young sent me a reply email I sent him at that time 7 years ago and just got the reply back about a question to him about the interview in the past couple months, took a while, lol. Like I said, things move slow
    I signed up for the trial back then. The brain body interface seemed pretty legit. Did the company go out of business?

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
      The activity is called Gumping...Forrest Gumping. It's everywhere on the internet.

This post is about the frustration of years of seeing promising therapies never pan out.

Grammy-
      I simply asked what your motive was for saying that there is important news in the next couple months.

"All in its own time" is biblical ? so you're saying that this is part of God's greater plan.

I'm responding to my own frustration of years of hearing people come into this forum making promises. Little by little, this can destroy one's hope and that's what I meant by saying this is dangerous territory. This is overblown.

You may not care about what people have said before. However, I'm trying to give you some context.

It's hard to get your hopes up over and over again only to watch them be shattered in front of you. When you say "it wouldn't be appropriate nor fair to the general public to disclose in this type of thread on the Internet". Fair enough. But why bring up some information that you have privy to.

I don't understand the motivation of dangling the 'I know something you don't'. That is it. We disagree. That is ok.

Do you want us to guess? Do you want to direct more traffic to your website? That's the type of action that you provoking.

Of course it is not a crime. and if you are under some non-disclosure agreements, totally understandable. I am under some non-disclosure agreements as well ? but I won't start telling people here that it is in God's greater plan.

You telling me that I am having difficulty understanding. I'm not insinuating anything.

My feelings are not hurt. I've been posting on this message board for many years and I have in the past asked others who claim that they know information why they are trying to tell us something. That is it. I asked Dr. Davies the same thing. Man ? now I know why I stayed away from this place for a while.

I think you're missing the whole point. There's a lot of people here that are mentally delicate. There's a lot of reasons for this.

I'm not aware of all the correspondences between you and others. I'm just responding to the 'frustration' thread, where I'm frustrated. That is it. Never once have been personally insulted you.

To say that I am 'gumping'. "Forrest Gumping:
      When one is stoned but not quite retarded; basically on the border of being alright and just fucked up. Forrest gump was not normal but he wasn't retarded, hence the perfect comparison to being not fully baked."
      http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...orrest+Gumping

These are immature, childhood schoolyard insults.

This used to be a place where discourse could happen and people can disagree but there would not be personal insults. Look back upon what you've written about me.

Do you find that you are doing a service to community by insulting?

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
        So by mid June we will know what you are talking about. I can wait. Hope is really good stuff.
        Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
        This post is about the frustration of years of seeing promising therapies never pan out.

Grammy-
        I simply asked what your motive was for saying that there is important news in the next couple months.

"All in its own time" is biblical ? so you're saying that this is part of God's greater plan.

I'm responding to my own frustration of years of hearing people come into this forum making promises. Little by little, this can destroy one's hope and that's what I meant by saying this is dangerous territory. This is overblown.

You may not care about what people have said before. However, I'm trying to give you some context.

It's hard to get your hopes up over and over again only to watch them be shattered in front of you. When you say "it wouldn't be appropriate nor fair to the general public to disclose in this type of thread on the Internet". Fair enough. But why bring up some information that you have privy to.

I don't understand the motivation of dangling the 'I know something you don't'. That is it. We disagree. That is ok.

Do you want us to guess? Do you want to direct more traffic to your website? That's the type of action that you provoking.

Of course it is not a crime. and if you are under some non-disclosure agreements, totally understandable. I am under some non-disclosure agreements as well ? but I won't start telling people here that it is in God's greater plan.

You telling me that I am having difficulty understanding. I'm not insinuating anything.

My feelings are not hurt. I've been posting on this message board for many years and I have in the past asked others who claim that they know information why they are trying to tell us something. That is it. I asked Dr. Davies the same thing. Man ? now I know why I stayed away from this place for a while.

I think you're missing the whole point. There's a lot of people here that are mentally delicate. There's a lot of reasons for this.

I'm not aware of all the correspondences between you and others. I'm just responding to the 'frustration' thread, where I'm frustrated. That is it. Never once have been personally insulted you.

To say that I am 'gumping'. "Forrest Gumping:
        When one is stoned but not quite retarded; basically on the border of being alright and just fucked up. Forrest gump was not normal but he wasn't retarded, hence the perfect comparison to being not fully baked."
        http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...orrest+Gumping

These are immature, childhood schoolyard insults.

This used to be a place where discourse could happen and people can disagree but there would not be personal insults. Look back upon what you've written about me.

Do you find that you are doing a service to community by insulting?
        Chaz19 you seem to be level headed most of the time. I think you might be a little upset about Grammy slamming the misinformation in your post # 9 about Acorda and The Miami Project. I would rather have someone tell me to expect good news in the near future than have someone speculate wildly and publicly about what's NOT going on. I don't think you were malicious, so what were your motives?

Comment

I think this was a good thread for others to release their frusteration like what I have done. I guess what it comes down to it's such a complex thing the central nervous system, the building block of our body, to recreate what was created before we were born is such a major task. I do thank Dr. Young for all his efforts, I was by no means putting him down with the seven year response time to my email, I can only imagine he gets so much email that's its hard to answer everything and he was probably clearing a hard drive and wanted to at least answer me as he was probably proud that I was applying for such a challenging position with Cyber Kinetics. Chaz they are still there in Mass and still working on Brain-gate. The CEO is a Brown University Professor and a very smart guy. I did not mean to start any arguments with this thread but I knew it might, I just thought it might be good for some people to vent as I did. I suspect what Grammy is talking about is the release of more information on Epidural Stimulation, maybe some of the recent test results being released. I sure would love to get something back no matter how small before I die and I think the best hope for this is the possibility there are still some connections left and stim them and see what happens, I just hope it's a possibility not too far in the future as time is running out at least for me. That would be something moving a foot or feeling something after 34 years of complete SCI, if it's something that could help others worse off than me gain some useful function that would be awesome.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
            I am under some non-disclosure agreements as well ? but I won't start telling people here that it is in God's greater plan.

To say that I am 'gumping'. "Forrest Gumping...
            I have no idea where you read anything into my posting that is "biblical" or saying I've preached about "God's greater plan" ?? I'm clueless on how you've managed to dream up any religious connotations from something I've posted. (In fact, for all you know I'm atheist). Anyway, forget all the bible and religious interpretations along with your dangling accusation nonsense. It is simply wrong. If you take just a moment to read my post correctly where I quoted to ineedmyelin, you will see that I was not saying a thing about you "gumping". Instead, it appears you want to argue with someone about anything you can dream up but I'm not game for that silly crap. I'm done saying anything since you are incapable of understanding fairness to the community and using an appropriate venue for talking about news articles and new information rather than it being buried in a trash frustration thread (which actually should have been posted in the LIFE discussion forum rather than CURE to begin with). I do understand your motives but your tantrum has no specific value since it is unnecessary and unjustified for you to play a melodramatic victim role here from anything I said or explained. It's not all about you and never was if you'd bothered to take the time to read the posts correctly. My decision is final on the matter. I'll post good cure news in it's own thread in the proper forum at the ideal time and you can go on the attack with all the outlandish drama you can muster then complain about my horrible motives at that time if you feel that's helpful entertainment for someone other than yourself. It may have been helpful if you'd read what was written rather than trying to add zany interpretations to it.
            Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-20-2015, 09:05 PM.
            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
              Hooray, Hooray its Mickey Mouses Birthday
              Don't you just love a good celebration?

Comment

Look at it this way. Our human bodies are a wired AND wireless network. ALL in 1 component - out body. There is nothing else on this planet even close to that. And do not say a computer, because that requires multiple components to even operate wired and wireless. On top of that, our bodies are continually changing. There is nothing even close to a human body.

Comment

Agreed, so what are you saying?

Comment

Im reading GRAMMY's post and seeing it at saying Theres some important news coming but she is not able to disclose it at this time. What anyone reads into it at this point is your own doing. Just take it at face value. I can understand everyones frustration completely but why shoot the advocate, doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
                      Im reading GRAMMY's post and seeing it at saying Theres some important news coming but she is not able to disclose it at this time. What anyone reads into it at this point is your own doing. Just take it at face value. I can understand everyones frustration completely but why shoot the advocate, doesn't make sense
                      I just hope she is correct!

Comment

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn. All this "news" about the latest greatest fixes yet. Sorry fellas....there aint nothing that is gonna transform our lives that is "awesome". word of new trials, rat tests, electronic gizmos,....all come down to the same result: no further development. Nothing. Hate to be the chump in the room, but I cant stand the build up of a hopeful cure, then hear nothing but crickets. Its an old game, that I have long since tired of.

Comment

Originally posted by graybeard View Post
                          Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn. All this "news" about the latest greatest fixes yet. Sorry fellas....there aint nothing that is gonna transform our lives that is "awesome". word of new trials, rat tests, electronic gizmos,....all come down to the same result: no further development. Nothing. Hate to be the chump in the room, but I cant stand the build up of a hopeful cure, then hear nothing but crickets. Its an old game, that I have long since tired of.
                          I can't stand the build up game either. I'd be happy with an incremental improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                            Yes, I remember Brain-gate very well, infact I had a job interview with a company called Cyber Kinetics that was behind Brain-gate in Massachusetts around 7 years ago or so and was reminded of it recently when Dr. Young sent me a reply email I sent him at that time 7 years ago and just got the reply back about a question to him about the interview in the past couple months, took a while, lol. Like I said, things move slow
                            Please post when you have some news that you can share. I'll have to look at my old emails to remember the tech.

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
                              Chaz19 you seem to be level headed most of the time. I think you might be a little upset about Grammy slamming the misinformation in your post # 9 about Acorda and The Miami Project. I would rather have someone tell me to expect good news in the near future than have someone speculate wildly and publicly about what's NOT going on. I don't think you were malicious, so what were your motives?
                              I asked a question and never received an answer. My motive was simple. Find out why someone would tease and play with hope. If you have info to share, please do, if not please do not make the community guess like James and I did or grovel.

I don't take condescending remarks lightly. Plenty of other ways to discuss. I also do not know or care about others fights. It looks like I got put in middle for no reason. Water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by graybeard View Post
                                Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn. All this "news" about the latest greatest fixes yet. Sorry fellas....there aint nothing that is gonna transform our lives that is "awesome". word of new trials, rat tests, electronic gizmos,....all come down to the same result: no further development. Nothing.
                                Yup, perfect time to pack it in and go enjoy what's left of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X