• Time
  • Show
Clear All

larwatson,

Would you send me your e-mail address?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Acid:

Various:

China: Guess, if I were there, I might worry about pronouncing words wrong.
      So maybe instead of "the mother" accidentally saying "the horse".
      Or wanting salt and getting a soup instead.
      And of the writing, I might not get the first 5000 basic signs, before in the grave.

ACID, you've gotta be kiddin since when does pronouncing words and gettin names mixed up stop you. the people that are going to china a risking their lives for us all and deserve a little respect so please don't clutter the post with all your bull shit ramblings. thanks gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Schmeky:

larwatson,

Would you send me your e-mail address?
        CJO - prayers are continuing, getting a really good feeling about your progress. Look forward to your updates.

Schmecky check your private topics for e-mail address.
        What we do in life echoes in eternity. Maximus - Gladiator

Comment

Chris, If no news soon i'm having the governor call up the national guard, lets not make an international issue out of this. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
          Gandolf the Gray
          http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Chris I miss you [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Say hi to mommy for me [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown
            Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Does anyone here even fully understand his posts???

Comment

Sorry I was talking about Acid

Comment

Sorry it has taken so long for me to post - everything has been a whirlwind as of late and I just recently gained access to the internet. Not much "Cure" related info yet, but I just thought I'd share experiences so far.

The trip wasn't bad for me - a short flight to Chicago and then about a 13 hour flight to Beijing. Sadly, no upgrade to first class but I survived coach just fine with the help of several movies. Four members of Dr. Huang's staff met us at the airport and whisked us away in a black Cadillac with tinted windows(is there a Chinese mafia?). The power chair and luggage were taken in a van.

Upon our arrival to the hospital I had the pleasure of meeting Tim, Stephanie, Bob, and Karen. They are very wonderful people and I am forever indebted to them for making this trip infinitely easier by breaking in the hospital staff. Besides that, they are marvelous company and genuinely nice people.

I arrived on a Monday afternoon and they were freshly in need of a "Cue-ballectomy"(Jerry Seinfeld's term for hair transplants for bald people). I regret not talking to them more the first night because of their surgeries the next morning, but I had been up for 26 hours. Their wives were very helpful at showing us where to get the essentials.

Medically - I have had blood tests, Xrays on my lungs and neck, lung capacity tests, and some sort of muscle function tests that involved sticking pins in my head and various other places.

The schedule involves an MRI tomorrow; Saturday I lose my hair. Sunday is the surgery. After that - who knows? I wouldn't be here if I feel I didn't make a rational, informed decision. Sure, more information will be available in the coming years, but I'm not getting any younger. I'm confident I made the right decision after seeing certain things here.

For those of you requesting information from Dr. Huang, be patient(I know - hard to do). He is one of the most caring and compassionate men I have ever met. He is backed up because of his trip to the states. He performs several surgeries a day and is often working over 14 hours a day. My advice to those on "the list" who request information is to research on this forums. Dr. Huang will return your emails when he has time.

Speaking of compassionate men, I should get to meet Dr. Young while I'm here. I am looking forward to it.

I'll happily answer any questions.

If anybody is wondering: McDonald's is close, the pillows are marginal, and the Vikes are 3-0. Sometimes, it's the little things. And, I'll be back much more often...

Comment

Does anyone know why Cjo is going to have to lose his hair?? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

"I'll happily answer any questions." [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

1. Do they have a list of persons something remotely alike
                      Name/anonymous number, date of OP, "functions" regained till ... (last updating date)?

2. Is there existing a sort of statistics, either generally, or per spine segment,
                      what was regained by the majority (or even all?)?

And the other way around, what was not regained by more than half so far?

Comment

cjo - awesome to hear. I'm glad all went well with your trip, & I'm stoked to hear about your experience within the next few weeks. Not to mention it seems that you're in good spirits (can't imagine why [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).

not to take any of the limelight off Bob & Tim, as the 3 of you are equally respected for jumping into this headfirst, but we're close in age & all this China stuff is just fueling a bit more hope than before.

hang in there w/ the cultural differences (I know they'd drive me nuts eventually), & keep us updated. God bless...

peace,
                        ~ scott

Comment

CJO, Good luck and god bless! It was great for all of us to hear from you - thought maybe you'd gotten lost! Absolutely the best of luck to you, and give your mom a hug from everyone here!

Jackie

Comment

Acid, most of the answers (if not all) can be found through the links in this topic:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18103

Comment

Cjo - Thanks for the post. So great to hear your flight went well and that you had a great reception at both the airport and hospital. I'm so glad you three are there together.

Lindsay - Everyone gets their head shaved the day before the operation.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

[This message was edited by Jeff on 09-25-03 at 12:13 PM.]
                              ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff:

Lindsay - Everyone gets their head shaved the day before the operation.
                                Oh really? I didn't know that. How come??

Comment

Working...
                                X