Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beijing - Wish to contact Dr. Huang? Please post here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st International Association of Neural Restoration Annual Conference , China

Information from http://www.ianr.org.cn/subweb/E%20ianr.htm

Invitation of the 1st International Association of Neural Restoration Annual Conference (IANRAC), China

Neural regeneration, repair and restoration of function is one of the toughest challenges in neuroscience. Recently, neuroscience has developed rapidly and new achievements are constantly emerging and some breakthroughs have been made. All these have shaped a unique and independent scope of research and a brand new field of knowledge, thus forming a new branch of science – Neurorestoratology.

The 1st International Association of Neural Restoration Annual Conference sponsored by International Association of Neural Restoration (IANR) will be held on May 15-18, 2008 in Beijing, People’s Republic of China, in order to enhance scientific international exchanges and facilitate a coordinative effort to improve both basic and clinical researches in neural restoration, create a broad professional platform of academic exchange for global basic scientific researchers and clinicians working in the neural restoration field, including neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, rehabilitation, pediatrics, physiotherapy, neural transplantation, hyperbaric oxygen, ophthalmology and so on. The conference was created with the purpose “Working together to explore and promote international neural restoration and clinical application safely and legally” and with the theme “neural restoration”. Many prominent experts in this field from around the world will take part in this conference to give lectures and participate in general academic debate to promote interdisciplinary exchanges and collaboration and to explore more innovative and effective interventional strategies.

The conference information is as follows:

Advisory Committee: Almudena Ramón-Cueto(Spain), Geoffrey Raisman(UK), Guo Shifu, Hui Guozhen, Liu Zonghui, Shinsuke Katoh(Japan), Wagih S El Masry (UK), Wang Dajue(UK), Wise Young(USA), Wu Chengyuan, Xu Shaoting, Zhai Xiaomei

President: Huang Hongyun

Vice-presidents: Feng Shiqing, He Xijing, Li Jianjun, Liu Enzhong, Luan Zuo, Shen Huiyong, Sun Tiansheng, Yang Zhiming, Zhang Shaocheng, Zhu Hui

Members of the Organizing Committee: Albert Bohbot(France), Alan Mackay-Sim(Australia), An Yihua, Cui Zhiming, Du Hanggen, Gu Zheng, Gustavo Moviglia(Argentina), Huang Huiling, Li Ying(UK),Li Yunlin, Liang Peng, Liu Song(France), Lu Ming, Luan Guoming, Ma Wu(USA), Mao Gengsheng, Meng Fangang, Meng Inn Chuah(Australia), Qiu Mingde, Rao Yaojian, Song Tao, Susan Barnett(UK), Tan Jun, Tang Zhouping, Wang Jiming, Wang kuohai, Wang Xinglin, Wang Rui, Wei Kaibin , Xi Haitao, Xiang Guanghong, Xiu Bo, Yang Bo, Zhao Tingbao, Zheng Zuncheng, Zhou Changman

Secretary General: Chen Lin

Agenda of the 1st International Association of Neural Restoration Annual ConferenceIANRAC

May 15, 2008

19: 00 – 21 :30 Council for the members of the 1st International Association of Neural Restoration Annual ConferenceIANRAC

May 16, 2008
    800-810 Report on preparation of International Association of Neural RestorationHuang Hongyun

800-945 Topics on Olfactory Ensheathing Cells
    Hosts: Da jue, Wang, Meng Inn Chuah

810-835 Auto-transplantation of olfactory bulb glia to repair spinal cord injuries: clinical perspectivesAlmudena Ramón-Cueto
    835-900 Issues of immune and neural restoration properties of olfactory ensheathing cellsMeng Inn Chuah
    900-915 Discussion
    915-945 Tea Break

945-1115 Basic and Clinical Researches on Neural Restoration
    Hosts : Wagih S El MasryHongyun Huang

945-1010 Spinal cord repair – an evolution processWang Dajue
    1010-1035 Brief view on injury and restoration of central nervous systemLiu Enzhong
    1035-1100 Neural restoration strategies for pediatric neurological diseasesLuan Zuo
    1100-1115 Discussion

1115-1215 Basic and Clinical Researches on Peripheral Nerve Restoration
    Hosts : Zhang Shaocheng, Ying Li

1115-1140 Basic and clinical researches on side-to-side suture interfascicular of peripheral nervesZhang Shaocheng
    1140-1205 Experimental study of treatment of brachial plexusLiu Song
    1205-1215 Discussion

1215-1330 Lunch

1330-1630 Past, Present and Future of Neural Restoration
    Hosts: Wu Chengyuan, Wise Young, Albert Bohbot

1330-1355 The history and status of basic study on neural restorationChen Lin
    1355-1420 The history and status of clinical treatment on neural restorationHuang Hongyun
    1420-1445 Prospects in future for basic research and clinic of neural restorationWise Young
    1445-1510 Basic and clinical researches on neural functional transplantation and recovery of embryonic nerve cells and transgenic cellsWu Chengyuan
    1510-1535 Ethical problems in neural restorationZhai Xiaomei
    1535-1630 Discussion

1630-1730 Cell Transplantation on Spinal Cord Injury
    Hosts : Zhu Hui , Feng Shiqing , Gustavo Moviglia

1630-1655 Umbilical cord blood cell transplant and lithium treatment of spinal cord injuryWise Young
    1655-1720 Basic and clinical researches on treatment of spinal cord injury by Schwann cells transplantationFeng Shiqing
    1720-1730 Discussion

1730-1900 Dinner

1900-2030 Topics on Stem Cells
    Hosts : Hui Guozhen , Luan Zuo

1900-1925 Study on differentiation of neural stem cell and neural regeneration & restorationDai Jianwu
    1925-1950 Study of human amniotic epithelial cells transplantation on treating spinal cord injury in primatesHui Guozhen
    1950-2005 Analysis of the similarities and differences on neural stem cells concept ( Bao Jianling )
    2005-2030 Discussion

May 17, 2008

800-1010 Various Intervention Strategies on Neural Restoration
    Hosts : Wagih S El Masry , Sun Tiansheng , Shinsuke Katoh

800-830 The neurological outcomes of traumatic spinal cord injuries without interventionWagih S El Masry
    830-855 The integral treatment of spinal cord injurySun Tiansheng
    855-920 Laserponcture® contribution in the neural restorationAlbert Bohbot
    920-940 The status and future of applications of bioengineering in the central nervous systemTang Zhouping
    940-1000 Discussion
    1015-1115 Basic Researches on Neural Restoration
    Hosts : Almudena Ramón-Cueto , Shen Huiyong

1015-1040 Olfactory ensheathing cells and the pathway hypothesis of repairGeoffrey Raisman
    1040-1105 Developing a clinical model of repairLi Ying
    1105-1115 Discussion

1115-1215 Clinical Application of Cell Transplantation
    Hosts Geoffrey RaismanAlan Mackay-Sim

1115-1140 Autologous transplantation of olfactory ensheathing cells: report on a clinical trialAlan Mackay-Sim
    1140-1205 Cross talk between the protective autoimmunity and the use of adult neural stem cells. Clinical applications in Spinal Cord injuries and ALSGustavo Moviglia
    1205-1215 Discussion

1215-1330 Lunch
    1330-1810 Contributors’ Public Speaking
    1830-2100 Closing dinner and performance

Venue for the 1st International Association of Neural Restoration Annual Conference (IANRAC)

Royal Garden Hotel (Long Quan Bin Guan,4-star), Beijing, People’s Republic of China
    Website of the hotel: http://www.lqhotel.com/index.php?Locale=en-us

Transportation:
    1. From Beijing Capital Airport to the hotel: By airport bus to Gongzhufen Stop, and transfer to the Subway Line1 to the terminal station Pingguoyuan, then by No. 959, No.977, No.336 or No.972 bus to Sanjiadianxikou stop;

2. From Beijing West Railway Station to the hotel: By the No.941 bus to Sanjiadianxiko stop;

3. From Beijing Railway Station to the hotel: By the Subway Line 2 to Fuxingmen station, and transfer to the Subway Line1 to the terminal station Pingguoyuan, then by No. 959, No.977, No.336 or No.972 bus to Sanjiadianxikou stop.

Contact for Conference:

Dr. Chen Di
    Beijing Hongtianji Neuroscience Academy (BHNA)
    Address: Xixiazhuang, Badachu, Shijingshan District, Beijing, 100144, China
    Phone: 086-10-88960186
    Cell Phone: 15810074169
    Fax: 086-10-51625950
    E-mail: nrrfr66@gmail.com

http://www.ianr.org.cn/subweb/E%20ianr.htm

Comment

Hello Dr Huaug,
      I am another person very interested in your procedure and would like to know if I qualify too. My email address is sebulator808@yahoo.com
      Regards,
      Sebastian

Comment

http://www.nrrfr.com/bbs_English_nr....e=&classid=219

Contact Email: nrrfr88@gmail.com .

Comment

i have a question....why dr.huang still perform the oeg procedure if no patients reported any improvments ?neuro pain only and possible tumors increased spasticity ...the same regarding dr.carlos lima ...damn money and profit.
          ps.i contacted the patients who were with me in quingdao 2006 [oeg procedure]...from italy,france ,usa,south africa ,....all of them are in a lot of pain [neuro pain ,severe spasticity and one of them developed tumors ].
          shame ...if a procedure doesnt work .....stop it and find a real cure.they take your money and bye bye sucker.
          adi .
          Last edited by adi chicago; 7 May 2008, 4:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
            i have a question....why dr.huang still perform the oeg procedure if no patients reported any improvments ?neuro pain only and possible tumors increased spasticity ...the same regarding dr.carlos lima ...damn money and profit.
            ps.i contacted the patients who were with me in quingdao 2006 [oeg procedure]...from italy,france ,usa,south africa ,....all of them are in a lot of pain [neuro pain ,severe spasticity and one of them developed tumors ].
            shame ...if a procedure doesnt work .....stop it and find a real cure.they take your money and bye bye sucker.
            adi .
            I understand that Dr Lima has quit doing his nasal mucosa procedures. It appears that only purified OEG cells create good regeneration while other cells in the mucosa may cause further scarring, no improvement or site rejection.

Adi? Did you ask where those cells came from? Would they work better if they were HLA matched? What you could, in Dr Huang's best estimate, expect afterwards? In other words, did you ask every possible question you could think of and why was it costing so much would be on my list. Did having that procedure rule out your participation in real clinical trials in the future?
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
              adi .
              Adi,

Are you sure that one of the patients developed a tumor? This would be a very important finding, if true.

Wise.

Comment

Sue, Lima did not quit with his nasal mucosa procedures, one of my friends is in portugal.
                http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

Originally posted by Ivica Rod
                  Sue, Lima did not quit with his nasal mucosa procedures, one of my friends is in portugal.
                  Then your friend hasn't read the latest research on OEG cells. I had heard that Dr Lima had stopped that procedure. Is it possible that he is now using purified OEGs instead of minced mucosa?
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young
                    Adi,

Are you sure that one of the patients developed a tumor? This would be a very important finding, if true.

Wise.
                    yes sir ....the patient is from italy and his wife told me that he developed a tumor after the oeg procedure .
                    ps.i spoke today with the best neuro surgeon [my area the university hospital]and i explained to him my symptoms [severe neuro pain and spasticity]he told me that i need an mri as soon as possible.after the oeg procedure [2 years ago]i did not have an mri done....i know i was stupid to ignore my symptoms and to live in pain and torture.i have an appointment [mri]next week.

Comment

Adi,
                      Who is the patient had tumor after OEG procedure? Which doctor and how to proved the tumor was caused by OEG procedure? I have read some papers about the safety of OEG transplantation and knew that since now there has not been any report about causing tumor. Could you explain that how did you conclude the tumor story? As Wise said, this is really important, for science and also for all doctors and patients.

Comment

MS. Shirley Smith

I have spinocerebellar Degeration and would like to know if I'm a candiate for your procedure? Thank you, Shirley Smith

Comment

Dr. Huang,
                          I suffered Spinal Cord Injury on April 04, 2000 and since then I am confined to bed with post Traumatic Paraplegia. Here are the initial findings:
                          1. Head Injury with Jeffersons Fracture of C1
                          2. Fracture anterior and posterior arches of atlas
                          3. Post Traumatic compression fracture of D3 along with multiple fractures involving the posterior elements of D3 (laminae bilaterally and right transverse process) associated with displacement of fractured bony fragments into spinal canal causing gross cord compression.
                          4. Disruption of inter-spinous and flaval ligament at D2-D3 along with fractured posterior elements of D3 causing anterior displacement of D2 over D3 further exaggerating cord compression.
                          5. Acute Traumatic D2-D3 disc rupture into anterior prevertebral space
                          6. Cord Contusion from D1 to D4 levels.

I haven't had any surgery after that.

Kindly let me know if I qualify for your process.

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,
                          SreeRam

Comment

Syringomyelia with left arm getting weak

Hi Dr. Huang,

I need your advice on the case of syringomyelia.
                            My boyfriend having scoliosis around 10 years ago but he actually never feel anything wrong with it. However, about 5-6 year ago he can feel his left arm is getting weak, and the condition is getting worse as time goes by. Now he is unable to lift up his arm over the shoulder level and even less sensitivity to hot and cold. After he gone through MRI and doctor from Spinal Orthopaedic pre-diagnose that he is suffering from syringomyelia but the doctor said he need to consult doctor from Neurologist. To prevent the condition getting worse, he must do surgery. Need your advice on this type of sickness. Is it risky to do the surgery? We are wondering is there any Neurosurgeon doctor from Malaysia or Asia is good and which doctor have the experience in handling this kind of operation with success story. Do you have any recommendation?

Besides, may i know is it exercise can help in reduce the hand weakness or it might cause the condition getting worse? What type of exercise is recommended?
                            Is there any other way can help in reduce the symptoms?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello. Is there somewhere you can read more about this procedure?
                              2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X