No announcement yet.

Beijing - HandiBob/Bob's OEG surgery report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEAR BOB AND KAREN HOPE YOUR EATING WELL AND MELISSA WANTS TO KNOW IF THE PEOPLE DRESS DIFFERANT IN CHINA AND DO THEY HAVE POP BANDS THERE I TOLD HER YOU WOULD LET HER KNOW HOPE THE RAIN STOPS SO MAYBE YOU CAN GO OUT FOR AWHILE LOVE YA KRISTE

Originally posted by handibob:

Hello to everyone from beautiful rainy Beijing, thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes, yes and Lance I do blow a kiss at the moon everynight it's comforting to know 1/2 a world away we still get it!!!!! In response to Glomae, you are not able to stay in your powerchair on the flight and depending on what level injury you are you may want to reconsider coming alone. Also the care and communication here is limited you really need a caregiver. You can find more on travel in the travel forum. We are basically in a holding pattern here waiting for the surgery, We've had x-rays today blood work and other tests tomorrow some kind of lung test if all goes well were hoping for surgery on Tuesday.....Talk to you all soon
    love and kisses to all Bob & Karen

Notifications: Off

Options: Signature
    Disable HTML Pure HTML
    KRISTE
    KRISTE

Comment

Bob ,Tim and CJ
      Positive thought send to you .
      Thanks a lot for all the updates.
      Good luck in China

Steve

Comment

great picture!!!
        boop

Comment

I'm not getting the photo, Jeff could you send it to me. never mind, just wasn't pataint enough to let it load. duh

tia

and howdy to the, three amego's

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
          Gandolf the Gray

[This message was edited by Leo on 09-18-03 at 03:06 PM.]
          http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Hey Tim, Handibob can you please let us know your level of injury and if complete or incomplete and if you have any neuropathic pain? Also did you have to take your own meds and cath kits over there?

By the way hope you get great results! Good luck fellas
            A CURE NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by seneca:

Right now Handibob is posting updates from TimC's internet connection. He is in China to undergo Dr. Huang's OEG procedure. You can follow his reports in this thread.

Pictures sent in by Tim's wife Stephanie.

Dr. Huang's staff and Left: Tim and Bob; Right: Patient of Dr. Huang, T12, one month post-op; Taken in recovery area of hospital.

[This message was edited by Jeff on 09-18-03 at 11:15 AM.]

Comment

Hey Bob and Karen, Glad you made it safely. You are in my prayers....i know good things will happen for all of you guys!!! Remember to keep your sense of humor.....and don't forget about the toenails. I love ya bunches, Paula

Comment

Is it only me that's getting no picture?? all i'm getting is a circle with a line through it..

Dogger...thanks...it was because i wasn't logged in..

[This message was edited by Bob on 09-19-03 at 09:46 AM.]

Comment

Bob , the photo takes a little time to come up , and if you are getting a sign like the old NSW unrestricted speed signs except red , it sounds like you are not logged into the site .
                    thank you ,
                    dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .
                    Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

Just a quick reply today has been a busy day with tests, a lung capapcity test and a MRI for me, a language barrier sure makes it a challenging experience but we muddled through it. Our power chairs are quite the attraction to all of the chinese people as we drive by they stop and stare in amazement. It's quite interesting to see their reaction. The people here are so kind I just had a woman wash my entire power chair and I felt so humbled by it it was an incredible feeling. Earlier today one of the staff was running down the hall to give me a McDonalds Big Mac it's just incredible how accomodating these people are. The weekend is probably a waiting time, Tim and I are still hoping to have our surgery on Tuesday will keep you posted talk to you soon. Bob

Comment

--
                        Dr. Huang observing patients who had the surgery approx 1 month ago and the recovery which was phenomenal they are standing on their own
                        ---

If this is the case then

1: is it published in any scientific paper? (if not, will it be and when)

2: Why not other institutes doing it?

3 Should now everyone go to china who has SCI injury because only Dr. Huang will do the surgery?

Comment

"The people here are so kind I just had a woman wash my entire power chair and I felt so humbled by it it was an incredible feeling. Earlier today one of the staff was running down the hall to give me a McDonalds Big Mac it's just incredible how accomodating these people are."

Glad to see they have a customer service plan set up. Keeps the future patients happy. Good luck to you guys and to the staff.

This is the kind of story that needs to be in the New York Times.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
                          "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Hey Bob and Karen, Just dropped a little letter to Dateline MSNBC telling them about your exciting adventure. I told them to contact me if they thought it was news worthy. Hell, it can't hurt....I hope. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they can help to get the word out. Love ya bunches, Paula

Comment

Just dropped a little letter to Dateline MSNBC telling them about your exciting adventure.

we need more of this.

Comment

How about an article in all the Miami Papers? [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Some people have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the present.
                                "Oh yeah life goes on
                                Long after the thrill of livin is gone"

John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

Working...
                                X