Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the funds...would you opt for any current therapies?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you had the funds...would you opt for any current therapies?

    There have been so many advancements and I can't help but feel like the cure is out there right now. Maybe a mix of stem cells, spinal stimulation and intense rehab is the way. Admittedly a lot of the current information is overwhelming. But one thing I do understand is that a lot has happened in the way of research since my injury in 2010. So if you had unlimited funds, would you take the leap? And if so, where would you go?
    Www.rachellefriedman.com

    Follow me on Facebook at
    www.facebook.com/rachelleandchris

    Follow me on twitter at
    www.twitter.com/followrachelle

    Www.wheelstrong.com

    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    There have been so many advancements and I can't help but feel like the cure is out there right now. Maybe a mix of stem cells, spinal stimulation and intense rehab is the way. Admittedly a lot of the current information is overwhelming. But one thing I do understand is that a lot has happened in the way of research since my injury in 2010. So if you had unlimited funds, would you take the leap? And if so, where would you go?
    I would opt for the time transfer therapy.

    Comment


    • #3
      There's nothing fully fleshed out yet. Wait.

      Epidural stimulation sounds like an excellent way to prepare but still in trials. No quads yet. Can't buy your way into a trial.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

      T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

      Comment


      • #4
        Well to be clear. For me, money is an issue. This is a hypothetical question. But I have a friend who got stem cells in Israel and his hand function returned. Who know if it was natural return the first year of injury, but it's hard not to grasp onto hope when you hear about return. After attending working 2 walk, I got a little wide eyed
        Www.rachellefriedman.com

        Follow me on Facebook at
        www.facebook.com/rachelleandchris

        Follow me on twitter at
        www.twitter.com/followrachelle

        Www.wheelstrong.com

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ECUrach85 View Post
          Well to be clear. For me, money is an issue. This is a hypothetical question. But I have a friend who got stem cells in Israel and his hand function returned. Who know if it was natural return the first year of injury, but it's hard not to grasp onto hope when you hear about return. After attending working 2 walk, I got a little wide eyed
          Was it the macrophage cell trial or a stem cell trial? The macrophage trial came the the U.S. but was ended by the Israeli firm, Proneuron, because of funding before treating all the desired number of patients.

          https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ophage&rank=14

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
            Can't buy your way into a trial.
            I don't believe that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ECUrach85 View Post
              There have been so many advancements and I can't help but feel like the cure is out there right now. Maybe a mix of stem cells, spinal stimulation and intense rehab is the way. Admittedly a lot of the current information is overwhelming. But one thing I do understand is that a lot has happened in the way of research since my injury in 2010. So if you had unlimited funds, would you take the leap? And if so, where would you go?
              I have the money, but the way I figure it I have one shot so I am waiting for something that is more proven than anything I have seen yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hell no! You couldn't pay me to undergo any current treatment. There is nothing out there yet. The only thing that has shown any success at all is epidural stimulation. But I doubt it did anything useful for completes. Although, hopefully more info will come out in next few months about how much their complete patients recovered.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Does not matter if you're rich or poor there is no curative therapies for SCI at the current time.
                  "Life is about how you
                  respond to not only the
                  challenges you're dealt but
                  the challenges you seek...If
                  you have no goals, no
                  mountains to climb, your
                  soul dies".~Liz Fordred

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nowhere Man View Post
                    Hell no! You couldn't pay me to undergo any current treatment. There is nothing out there yet. The only thing that has shown any success at all is epidural stimulation. But I doubt it did anything useful for completes. Although, hopefully more info will come out in next few months about how much their complete patients recovered.
                    Apparently two of the four were complete injuries, one of them told a friend he had bladder, bowel and pretty substantial sexual function returns, as well as temperature regulation and autonomic function. Pretty useful, (let me guess but where are the animal studies, who. Gives a fuck two severe human injuries just recorded substantial recovery) . I would pay to get in the trial in Russia, sounds the most promising by far, then do the kumming walking program well using bioness for hands right away. after that I would do the epidural stimulator and head to project walk for intense full body physiotherapy. I would sleep in a magnetic molecule energizer (because why not it MAY enhance the cells), and my nutrition would be perfect. I have nothing to lose, and potential to gain.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Then do it! Let us know of your progress!
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                      T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is a very complicated question. While waiting and waiting, believe it or not, you are allowing parts of your body to also degenerate that you are not even aware of. This is both physical and neurological. This waiting is retraining and rebuilding all of the coordination of the physical and neurological. A baby from time of birth is doing/learning all of these kind of things. A baby takes an awfully long time to become an adult. If magically our neurological system is "fixed", the things I have just stated are completely uncoordinated. There is countless number of things going on in our bodies from head to toes. There also is a visual component to this if you are not aware of that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I saw a documentary on TV where two men were able to transfer in time by using a phone booth. We all better hurry though because phone booths will be extinct with all of these cell phone thingies coming out!
                          Last edited by nrf; 03-04-2015, 10:31 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                            Apparently two of the four were complete injuries, one of them told a friend he had bladder, bowel and pretty substantial sexual function returns, as well as temperature regulation and autonomic function. Pretty useful, (let me guess but where are the animal studies, who. Gives a fuck two severe human injuries just recorded substantial recovery) . I would pay to get in the trial in Russia, sounds the most promising by far, then do the kumming walking program well using bioness for hands right away. after that I would do the epidural stimulator and head to project walk for intense full body physiotherapy. I would sleep in a magnetic molecule energizer (because why not it MAY enhance the cells), and my nutrition would be perfect. I have nothing to lose, and potential to gain.
                            What trial in Russia is that?

                            Also, there are other places to go for full-body exercise than project walk. Right in Toronto (near where you're from correct?), a researcher at Brock University named David Ditor runs a gym for people with SCIs that community members can use for FREE. I don't know how much activity-based stuff they do but I know he has at least treadmill training as well as a full line of FES equipment.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tomsonite View Post
                              What trial in Russia is that?

                              Also, there are other places to go for full-body exercise than project walk. Right in Toronto (near where you're from correct?), a researcher at Brock University named David Ditor runs a gym for people with SCIs that community members can use for FREE. I don't know how much activity-based stuff they do but I know he has at least treadmill training as well as a full line of FES equipment.
                              Hi tomsonite, the Russian one is coordinated by Jan Eric Ahlfors, who I believe is from Canada. There's a thread on the Cure section front page, posted by Grammy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X