Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 was hoping for a repair for SCI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Your right Rainman

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
      Your right Rainman
      These politicians have a lot of power. And they like to spend government money. And if you are willing to help them stay in office, they will give you that money.

      Comment


      • #33
        Do I pay attention? The answer unfortunately is yes.

        Originally posted by tomsonite View Post
        Do you pay attention to research at all? Gregiore Courtine, Susan Harkema, Murray Blackmore, Jerry Silver, and Wise are just a few researchers who are dedicated to curing chronic SCI...Just because progress is slow doesn't mean nobody is working on it.
        I'd rather be living in your glass-half-full world waiting to hear that word "eureka" come from one of those laboratories you speak of. Instead, I remain pissed that I can't even make a fist, or a piss for that matter as it's RAINMAN who's got it right. A dozen smart people righteously committed to research is great, but the old "Greed is Good" is what needs to apply here. A billion dollar takes-all-race to cure is what's needed. Create momentum via an "American Scientist Idol" best invention of the year, cure, or discovery inc. is what's gonna move things. The want of money and fame brings results here.

        Comment


        • #34
          That kind of race million dollar prize would do the trick. Maybe greediness would bring more smart scientists into finding the SCI cure. And there is plenty of money in this world, hell yeah. The problem is that is held by some ultra rich greedy capitalist bastards, which wouldn't even think about what they could do with all that money they possess. Someone should give an idea to people like Bill Gates or other multi billionaire hot shot, which if not, I hope they'll break their f neck, and then with them in our team, we'll see a cure in no time. Cause you know... most of us would give anything and everything to be AB again.

          Comment


          • #35
            There have been some very wealthy Arabs, Indians and pretty much all nationalities with family that have suffered spinal injuries. They seem to spend heavily to get rehabilitation and at times on experimental cell treatments. I have not seen them fund research for new frontiers. I do not wish SCI on anybody.

            Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
            That kind of race million dollar prize would do the trick. Maybe greediness would bring more smart scientists into finding the SCI cure. And there is plenty of money in this world, hell yeah. The problem is that is held by some ultra rich greedy capitalist bastards, which wouldn't even think about what they could do with all that money they possess. Someone should give an idea to people like Bill Gates or other multi billionaire hot shot, which if not, I hope they'll break their f neck, and then with them in our team, we'll see a cure in no time. Cause you know... most of us would give anything and everything to be AB again.
            Last edited by c473s; 03-14-2015, 08:58 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
              I'd rather be living in your glass-half-full world waiting to hear that word "eureka" come from one of those laboratories you speak of. Instead, I remain pissed that I can't even make a fist, or a piss for that matter as it's RAINMAN who's got it right. A dozen smart people righteously committed to research is great, but the old "Greed is Good" is what needs to apply here. A billion dollar takes-all-race to cure is what's needed. Create momentum via an "American Scientist Idol" best invention of the year, cure, or discovery inc. is what's gonna move things. The want of money and fame brings results here.
              I wasn't talking about money at all. You said there is nobody working on curative therapies for chronic SCI. I gave you examples to the contrary.

              And when it comes to money and prizes for scientists who come up with a cure, I believe this is exactly what you're looking for:
              http://conquerparalysisnow.org/Ribbo...Challenge.aspx

              Comment


              • #37
                This is where donations should go.

                Originally posted by tomsonite View Post
                I wasn't talking about money at all. You said there is nobody working on curative therapies for chronic SCI. I gave you examples to the contrary.

                And when it comes to money and prizes for scientists who come up with a cure, I believe this is exactly what you're looking for:
                http://conquerparalysisnow.org/Ribbo...Challenge.aspx
                Raise this to a billion and watch it go. Combine all foundations into one and raise the stakes.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                  Raise this to a billion and watch it go. Combine all foundations into one and raise the stakes.
                  So when are you going to lead the efforts to increase the prize money?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I would imagine...

                    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Thanks Grammy. I have never heard it so passionately expressed. See you in September!
                      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

                      Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
                        Thanks Grammy. I have never heard it so passionately expressed. See you in September!
                        I cannot wait Sue!!!!!!!!!!! You're my FAV gal!!!
                        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I wake up everyday hoping that im going to see the news "SCI cure breakthrough." 2015 coming to a close, and it doesn't seem like anything is even close to that. Somebody, anybody give your boy here some hope. 8 years approaching 9 isn't nothing compared to some, but damn its toooooo damn long already!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X