Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 was hoping for a repair for SCI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just wanted to say thank you for your nice words, I do have excellent care my wife who is a registered nurse who I met when I was living in a nursing home decided to take the challenge. We also believe back then it would be four years and there was going to be a cure, which I call a repair. There will be no way if they repair this injury I could get back into the shape I was in when my accident happened 29 years old/18 days before my 30th? I went to one of the best rehabs actually became friends with Christopher Reeves would have done anything to keep him around. Just don't know how much more I can take. I've been through hell and back kidney stones surgery where they blasted this stone and the bodyweight euro sepsis, giving me last rights and I pulled through that lost 10 of my toes. So now I can only count to 10. Open-heart surgery to replace a heart valve because of a nasty UTI got into the blood system. I'm still here. Just started taking vacations in the past two years, New York, and visit Myrtle Beach. It's just a lot of work. Wish I can hit the Powerball and donate multi million dollars, or hold it as a prize for whoever finds a repair for this.
    keiffer66

    Comment


    • #17
      I just want to thank everybody for answering at least I know I'm not alone… My parents are getting up there and they are a big part of my support just not fair. How everybody goes out of their way and I am not able to return that help to them. I know there are a lot of things happening just put it in simple terms, so the simple people like me can understand it. That's why I only visit this site from time to time too many politics and you never hear what you're looking to hear. Well thanks again for listening. God speed
      keiffer66

      Comment


      • #18
        We need someone caliber as Elon Musk in our community.
        (God forbid that I am wishing this SCI misfortune to anyone, even billionaire...)
        The fact is - not only $$$$ huge award (greed) would move things faster.
        We need some Visionary and Loaded person to push Cure button with a survival passion!!!
        Or little bit unpredicted luck with current players...
        Imagine... virus that will genetically trigger some spinal cells to produce CHase or some peptide
        that will dissolve scar and make autologous Neural Stem cells derived from patient skin to
        re-grow and re-connect fast and make Dr. Ahlfors second Human trial in Canada and USA 2016
        to make fast evidence of Cure...
        ...at least I can dream...
        to
        www.MiracleofWalk.com

        Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
        to what we know about nature
        Saint Augustine

        Comment


        • #19
          Dr Ahlfors should fasten trial in Russia and also few other countries where it is easy to conduct.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by comad View Post
            We need someone caliber as Elon Musk in our community.
            (God forbid that I am wishing this SCI misfortune to anyone, even billionaire...)
            The fact is - not only $$$$ huge award (greed) would move things faster.
            We need some Visionary and Loaded person to push Cure button with a survival passion!!!
            Or little bit unpredicted luck with current players...
            Imagine... virus that will genetically trigger some spinal cells to produce CHase or some peptide
            that will dissolve scar and make autologous Neural Stem cells derived from patient skin to
            re-grow and re-connect fast and make Dr. Ahlfors second Human trial in Canada and USA 2016
            to make fast evidence of Cure...
            ...at least I can dream...
            to
            We need a powerful politician who can show that funding the NIH is in the best interest of our country. And that politician needs to go out and raise lots of money for the campaigns of many in office so they grant lots of money to the NIH. It would be expensive to land a politician of that caliber. JPMorgan hired Eric Holder for 74 million a year to represent them and their industry once he out of office. Look at what a few like Gore did with global warming. I think Hillary will be done with running for office soon. Throw her and Bill 50 million a year. Their campaign funding whores.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by comad View Post
              We need someone caliber as Elon Musk in our community.
              (God forbid that I am wishing this SCI misfortune to anyone, even billionaire...)
              The fact is - not only $$$$ huge award (greed) would move things faster.
              We need some Visionary and Loaded person to push Cure button with a survival passion!!!
              Or little bit unpredicted luck with current players...
              Imagine... virus that will genetically trigger some spinal cells to produce CHase or some peptide
              that will dissolve scar and make autologous Neural Stem cells derived from patient skin to
              re-grow and re-connect fast and make Dr. Ahlfors second Human trial in Canada and USA 2016
              to make fast evidence of Cure...
              ...at least I can dream...
              to
              If We could raise 7 to 10,000,000 maybe we could get that trial here!

              Comment


              • #22
                Very accurate.

                Originally posted by darty View Post
                First I'd like to say that 18 years at C3 is amazing you must be very strong and have excellent care. You have held out hope a lot longer than me. I hung in for about the first 8-10 years then forgot about it. I really feel that at some poi9nt in the future "New Injuries" will be cured right away at time of injury but as for me, with my chronic injury it will not happen in my lifetime.

                I compare it to something like Polio if you got it you lived out your life with it but if you were vaccinated and never got it you were o.k. and now it has been eradicated.
                Yes, we will discover a correction for SCI but it will be for acutes only, unfortunately there's little that can be done to ameliorate the suffering and troubles of the chronics.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The better be incorrect, for a lot of people myself included. And a lot of researchers working hard.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Funny, I used to think the same thing.

                    Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                    The better be incorrect, for a lot of people myself included. And a lot of researchers working hard.
                    Now I respond to others when they try to commiserate with me by saying "don't worry, they're working on it, progress is being made everyday" I'd say, just exactly do you think "THEY" are? Do you really think there's a bunch of nerdy scientist types in lab coats and horn rim glasses holed up in secret laboratory somewhere with unlimited resources, and pushing themselves 24/7 to discover the magical cure to SCI???
                    Nah, no such thing. Instead, it's quite the bubble-bursting opposite.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      No, you are right there. But There are labs all over the world, where scientists do a full days work five days a week , With many doing overtime going above and beyond, Because of work obsession and their field. Solely working on SCI. With very limited funding, but working around it.
                      Last edited by JamesMcM; 03-17-2015, 11:24 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TheRainman View Post
                        I got the upmost respect for Dr. Young. I have no doubt he's done everything possible to fine the cure in his thinking. But the prove is in the statistics and its not happening. His mind is wired to liberal thinking and ways and that is not going to find the cure. We need greed to find this cure. Money talks, everything else is BS.

                        The cure for Ebola took a decade, and it was greed that made it happen. If it was left to college professors and grants it would never been solved.
                        You just are not informed. ChinaSCINet conducted 8 clinical trials for 2 million dollars. They are changing the game. In CN102B, 15 of 20 ASIA A Complete chronic patients have recovered assisted walking (Kunming level 4), 2 of which are walking unassisted. Many have gotten back bowel and bladder function, and we have seen DTI images of growth across the injury sites at one year. These results will soon be published. In the meantime, we are planning to do this around the world this year. Our trials are not the only ones that are showing progress. There is much to be excited about.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                          Now I respond to others when they try to commiserate with me by saying "don't worry, they're working on it, progress is being made everyday" I'd say, just exactly do you think "THEY" are? Do you really think there's a bunch of nerdy scientist types in lab coats and horn rim glasses holed up in secret laboratory somewhere with unlimited resources, and pushing themselves 24/7 to discover the magical cure to SCI???
                          Nah, no such thing. Instead, it's quite the bubble-bursting opposite.
                          Do you pay attention to research at all? Gregiore Courtine, Susan Harkema, Murray Blackmore, Jerry Silver, and Wise are just a few researchers who are dedicated to curing chronic SCI...Just because progress is slow doesn't mean nobody is working on it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by darty View Post

                            I compare it to something like Polio if you got it you lived out your life with it but if you were vaccinated and never got it you were o.k. and now it has been eradicated.
                            Polio has NOT been eradicated. We are back to two countries where we were a decade ago. It came back and hit about 10 due to air travel and countries relooked at their vaccination programs and border controls. Those two countries are Pakistan and Afghanistan. Due to polluted water, India has annual boosters for large parts of its population.
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

                            Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              In Pakistan they are killing those trying to vaccinate. WHO withdrew from the effort for a time as did Rotary.

                              Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
                              Polio has NOT been eradicated. We are back to two countries where we were a decade ago. It came back and hit about 10 due to air travel and countries relooked at their vaccination programs and border controls. Those two countries are Pakistan and Afghanistan. Due to polluted water, India has annual boosters for large parts of its population.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                You just are not informed. ChinaSCINet conducted 8 clinical trials for 2 million dollars. They are changing the game. In CN102B, 15 of 20 ASIA A Complete chronic patients have recovered assisted walking (Kunming level 4), 2 of which are walking unassisted. Many have gotten back bowel and bladder function, and we have seen DTI images of growth across the injury sites at one year. These results will soon be published. In the meantime, we are planning to do this around the world this year. Our trials are not the only ones that are showing progress. There is much to be excited about.
                                I really hope you're right. And I don't keep up on the research that's going on. Because I have been in the game way to long with so many wrong promises. I have always felt the biggest pitfall with the research has been bad management on raising the funds. It seems like the scientist are out raising the awareness for the funds. They need to stay in the labs and hire the right people to do that. You mention two million, peanuts. They need to hire the right politician to do the job.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X