No announcement yet.

Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the first patient have be observed muscle of legs contraction by himself.

Comment

That's great East Dragon. Keep us updated. Wish this trial give us some real cure we need.

Comment

Originally posted by east dragon View Post
        the first patient have be observed muscle of legs contraction by himself.

uh-oh! An unprecedented 2.8 cm spinal cord gap regenerated (complete with brain signal and muscle innervation) within 30 days of surgery on an acute two month post transection complete SCI with collagen fibers, BDNF and bone marrow cells used in a female uterus infertility trial?

Houston, we have a problem! ...

This recuperation beat all lab research and medical history known in modern neurobiology? A future Nobel Prize nomination?
        Why let dull uninteresting scientific facts get in the way of a juicy story? Stay tuned for next weeks report on bladder, bowel and sex recovery coming on the acute injury. Cancel last transmission Houston, there's sure to be even more sensational premature trial disclosures leaked. Crazy stuff.
        Last edited by GRAMMY; 23 Feb 2015, 11:11 AM.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Let's just see where this goes. Nothing like this has been done on a human SCI so lets just wait.

Comment

Absolutely, just let it play out

Comment

the 2 out of 4 patients who are now moving, are not acute.

the earliest patient is 7 months, the rest much later.

Ill have my gf translate the rest later
              Last edited by Imight; 22 Feb 2015, 9:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                Anyone got any video links ? Imight?
                yea, but theyre in chinese.

they reported the movements just last week before chinese new years on prime time cctv.

one thing about the chinese govt, is they wont put anything out that would embarrass them.

just like the lunar mission, they wont put it out to the world unless they believe cold hardheartedly it will be successful in some way. thats why I was very very shocked when I saw it on cctv. thats a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Imight View Post
                  the 2 out of 4 patients who are now moving, are not acute.

the earliest patient is 7 months, the rest much later.

Ill have my gf translate the rest later
                  The earliest patient is 3 months...

Comment

Thanks imight. I'm glad you provided some info. The negativity here is upsetting. I'm not holding my breath, but I don't think the mocking that is going on here is helpful.
                    Last edited by Chaz19; 22 Feb 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I agree, too many buzz killers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
                        I'm not holding my breath, but I don't think the mocking that is going on here is helpful.
                        Either way, the people being treated are not chronic anyway. Maybe they'll quit subjecting chronics to bone marrow cell injections over and over and over and over again while expecting a different outcome every time. It's become an inhumane problem and most people are absolutely oblivious to it or could care less what's been going on the past decades. Poorly designed clinical trials and history repeats itself for decades in all different countries. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
                        I agree, too many buzz killers here.
                        You really think all the people that sacrificed their health and injured cords from around the world only did so just to become a buzz for a couple weeks here? Their contribution to the SCI community shouldn't have amounted to nothing more than that? How sad they're used for buzz value and their contribution to science is forgotten and ignored. Lather..rinse..repeat..
                        Last edited by GRAMMY; 22 Feb 2015, 1:44 PM.

Comment

No that's not it at all. Sitting In a wheelchair sucks, I've been doing it for 6 years now and many people on here for much longer. All I'm saying is when some trial is happening somewhere and all the facts aren't in yet, do we have to kill it before we know the outcome? Is that unreasonable, I'm just trying to hold on to some hope here. I'm not advocating for frivolous claims. I apologize if I've offended anyone and I'll keep my comments to myself. I thank you for all you've done and will be following silently, this forum is a difficult place to navigate. Wish you only the best.

Comment

Good news! Another C5 paitent's feeling have gotten recover from the chest to the belly button.

Comment

Originally posted by east dragon View Post
                              Good news! Another C5 paitent's feeling have gotten recover from the chest to the belly button.
                              This treatment blows Dr. Young's UCB + lithium out of the water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
                                All I'm saying is when some trial is happening somewhere and all the facts aren't in yet, do we have to kill it before we know the outcome? Is that unreasonable, I'm just trying to hold on to some hope here. I apologize if I've offended anyone.

No offense taken. It's reasonable if you actually believe your spinal cord needs ligament, bone or cartilage in it to have functional return since I haven't seen that they do a whole lot more... Until the community moves beyond watching for the latest media cure blitz and realizes they're actually reading about virtually the same cell trial being ran every couple of years repeatedly then the outcome won't be different, only the forum participants that come and go along the way changes. I must apologize. I'm the one that's become a party pooper and need to go elsewhere to barf over the redundancy of a sad situation that brings others such joy and dreams of miracles when most do not know what constitutes a "chronic" injury or have any interest in what type of cell is being injected into them or what's already been tested multiple times in others.
                                Last edited by GRAMMY; 23 Feb 2015, 5:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X