No announcement yet.

Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they doing all kind of injury patients?
    Is this acute or chronic trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
      Are they doing all kind of injury patients?
      Is this acute or chronic trial?
      Jawaid, See my post #28.

Comment

Any animal studies?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere Man View Post
          Any animal studies?
          With all your criticisms and bombast directed at others would one would think that you would take the time to read the article for yourself; then you too would know as much as anyone on this forum of the procedure and the basis they used to move to human clinical trials.

Comment

Originally posted by NWC4 View Post
            With all your criticisms and bombast directed at others would one would think that you would take the time to read the article for yourself; then you too would know as much as anyone on this forum of the procedure and the basis they used to move to human clinical trials.

a) where are the animal studies? No one has yet posted them, 4 pages in, and the article had no link to them.

b) Y8225009 (est.) seems to know more about this trial than anyone else on this forum

c) I am more interested in why no one else asked about animal studies besides Grammy, than I am about the actual animal studies.

Comment

Ok Einstein, putting a scaffold and stem cells into a human means nothing to you? I don't get it. What's your fascination with animal studies, do tell

Comment

Any animal studies?
                http://m.scmp.com/news/china/article...riment-chinese
                Man do you ever read my posts, this is the trial I was talking about when I quoted you yesterday. I don't have any official documentation obviously. But this treatment has shown improvements in not only rats, but dogs as well not entirely sure on this, butd i'm pretty sure they were not chronic injuries. Still very interested to see The results China is no joke with intensive "Functional "rehab as well which is crucial.
                Last edited by JamesMcM; 02-01-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
                  Ok Einstein, putting a scaffold and stem cells into a human means nothing to you? I don't get it. What's your fascination with animal studies, do tell
                  Tbone I believe this trial to be far more promising then invivo therapeutics artificial, biodegradable scaffold technology. Animal studies are crucial, and this has show results in then. But sadly we will never know the effects in chronic humans, until it's used in humans. Luckily we will supposedly preliminary results of these six patients By this summer apparently. Here's hoping.

Comment

I'm really gonna be following this one, and hoping for some positive feedback. Gotta lose this wheelchair, ASAP. Feeling positive about this. Are these guys chronic?

Comment

The first few patients are chronic completes I believe! I imagine the 30 that are already enrolled in the phase 2 trial Are chronic as well.

Comment

a) where are the animal studies? No one has yet posted them, 4 pages in, and the article had no link to them.

b) Y8225009 (est.) seems to know more about this trial than anyone else on this forum

c) I am more interested in why no one else asked about animal studies besides Grammy, than I am about the actual animal studies.
                        As I mentioned of course they did a lot of animal studies before going to human trial. I have no paper from them,but according the nation TV news,they did successfully restore function in rats and dogs. I don't think they are going to risk without animal studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
                          I'm really gonna be following this one, and hoping for some positive feedback. Gotta lose this wheelchair, ASAP. Feeling positive about this. Are these guys chronic?
                          All the patients are chronic complete injury.

Comment

Also it's not this summer, apparently we could have the results for the first six patients this month. I don't know how much recovery and they would have seen by then. AlSo I don't know if it will made public.

Comment

Originally posted by y8225009 View Post
                              As I mentioned of course they did a lot of animal studies before going to human trial. I have no paper from them,but according the nation TV news,they did successfully restore function in rats and dogs. I don't think they are going to risk without animal studies.
                              The linear-ordered collagen scaffold-BDNF complex significantly promotes functional recovery after completely transected spinal cord injury in canine

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...42961214011910

Comment

This continues to sound more and more positive!
                                www.symbolofstrength.com

Comment

Working...
                                X