No announcement yet.

Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I translate most of this, hope is helpful.

Translate
    The first case of surgery done to achieve two major breakthrough - the first, is the stand material from animal experiments, applied to the clinical surgery. The first 2, during surgery, successfully cleaned up the hepatocellular carcinoma. Operations security, significant progress. From the first cases, surgery is safe. " Dell finally very pleased. A spinal cord injury to the patient can be recovered, is the concern. Dell finally said that can completely rehabilitation is difficult to say, "After all, this is determined by a number of factors, there are individual differences, psychological differences, and so on. Of course, we will continue to improve, as the stand material has been proven to be safe, and we are now on the stand is fully inter-quality stem cells. In the future, we may have the nerve stem cells or nerve growth factor, so that it the regeneration capacity may be improved, the effect will be more obvious. We also hope that we can have more patients benefit as soon as possible. "
    The spinal cord injury patient transplant combined with full-quality stem cells in neural regeneration and the original stand, in the world it is the first time for it to conquer spinal cord injury fix this conundrum, what are the major breakthrough, and how does it work? Through surgery, the patient can be recovered? An interview with this reporter a spinal cord injury clinical research team leader, the Chinese Academy of Sciences genetics and developmental biology, research fellow at the Institute Dell finally. Spinal Cord Injury repair is a world problem, and regenerative medicine with hope as a central nervous system an important part of spinal cord main feature is that transmission brain and other parts of the body feel and movement. Therefore, spinal cord injury, central nervous system organization the most serious damage, and the traffic accidents, injuries, and his injuries, sports injuries, as well as earthquakes, mining disasters, such as the more common. Dell finally, spinal cord injury and the following a series pathology physiological reaction and cause patient's gradual nerve loss, damage a hollow or hepatocellular carcinoma, causing the patient movement feel a loss of functionality. The spinal cord injury, are often accompanied by complications, such as urinary system complications, respiratory complications, and so on.
    Human Translation
    Translate
    "At present, we are only in the first phase of our work, and to the operation of the security. Next, we will also be in the 20 to 30 patients, clinical treatment research, in addition to the patient system rehabilitation training, we will provide the efficacy for system analysis. " Dell finally said.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper1 View Post
      Maybe a dumb question, but doesn't cutting out the scarred area create more scarring?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/27...rd-surgery.htm
      I guess it could convert a chronic injury to acute.

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
        I guess it could convert a chronic injury to acute.
        An acute, higher injury, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper1 View Post
          An acute, higher injury, no?
          Above my pay grade.

Comment

Using Chrome one can translate the entire article. Go to the article, right-click, select Translate to English.

Comment

Originally posted by NWC4 View Post
              Using Chrome one can translate the entire article. Go to the article, right-click, select Translate to English.
              I did it! Thank you! manouli

Comment

Update: The third patient had been done in SUZHOU first hospital on 2015 Jan 21. The Phrase 1 has total 6 patients.They will do 3 months rehab after the operation. Then the research group will optimize their plan and start the Phrase 2 trial. The Phrase 2 trial will include 20-30 patients.I have been informed that all the patients for P1-P2 has been enrolled.
                Background:This trail is funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences which is the highest Chinese Gov Sciences Dep.
                It is a true clinic trial,not like other so called "cure", this trial is totally free and never claimed it is a cure.

I notice a few things make me very happy I would like to share with you guys:
                1.This group of scientists has been research for this Never regeneration collagen scaffold for more than ten years.The leader researcher Dr Dai Jianwu is Doctor of Science from Duke Uni and did his postdoctor in Harvard.He has very strong science background.
                2.The speed of the trial: They planed to finish the Phrase 1 trial before Chinese New Year which is 18th Feb 2015,and they already enrolled more than 30 volunteers for Phrase 2 trial since they told there is no place for anymore volunteer. Amazing !!!!!
                3.There are over 2million SCI in China,this is the first government approved stem cell+Never regeneration collagen scaffold clinic trial.It was a huge step.
                4.The group has found this tech works on beagle dog and rats.
                However,this might not be the cure yet,but I do think it is one of the most positive trial we have right now. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Great news dear y8225009. Keep us updated. Hope it works well in chronic patients and specially lower spinal injuries.
                  Can you tell how old injuries they are taking in trial?

Comment

Originally posted by y8225009 View Post
                    Update: The third patient had been done in SUZHOU first hospital on 2015 Jan 21. The Phrase 1 has total 6 patients.They will do 3 months rehab after the operation. Then the research group will optimize their plan and start the Phrase 2 trial. The Phrase 2 trial will include 20-30 patients.I have been informed that all the patients for P1-P2 has been enrolled.
                    Background:This trail is funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences which is the highest Chinese Gov Sciences Dep.
                    It is a true clinic trial,not like other so called "cure", this trial is totally free and never claimed it is a cure.

I notice a few things make me very happy I would like to share with you guys:
                    1.This group of scientists has been research for this Never regeneration collagen scaffold for more than ten years.The leader researcher Dr Dai Jianwu is Doctor of Science from Duke Uni and did his postdoctor in Harvard.He has very strong science background.
                    2.The speed of the trial: They planed to finish the Phrase 1 trial before Chinese New Year which is 18th Feb 2015,and they already enrolled more than 30 volunteers for Phrase 2 trial since they told there is no place for anymore volunteer. Amazing !!!!!
                    3.There are over 2million SCI in China,this is the first government approved stem cell+Never regeneration collagen scaffold clinic trial.It was a huge step.
                    4.The group has found this tech works on beagle dog and rats.
                    However,this might not be the cure yet,but I do think it is one of the most positive trial we have right now. Fingers crossed.

I totally agree. To be honest with you I thought this would blow up but I guess not exciting enough. Worked on dogs? Must be pretty damn good.

Comment

Was any of the animal research data already posted here?
                      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

This Is an acute or subacute trial?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                          This Is an acute or subacute trial?
                          It's always a bit sketchy when using a translator, but the Doc seems to be stating the first few patients at least are chronic and completely transected. They are removing the "scare".

"The surgery object selection, spinal cord injury are among the most serious level. Why would dare to choose the first surgery in critically ill patients?
                            Daijian Wu said that the first batch of clinical surgery need to assess the safety of operation - if surgery is no obstacle, no major postoperative side effects, it can be said to be safe. This requires completely transected, non-acute phase, the patient is completely hopeless spontaneous recovery. No problem in critically ill patients, other patients surgery, even no problem."

Comment

Hmm interesting, that would be quite the surgery, but Dr. Young has stated that China some of the best neurosurgeons in the world.
                            Last edited by JamesMcM; 01-30-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

A neuro surgeon's dream is ASIA A. No need to be nervous about further damage. If they find success we will cheer.

Originally posted by NWC4 View Post
                              It's always a bit sketchy when using a translator, but the Doc seems to be stating the first few patients at least are chronic and completely transected. They are removing the "scare".

"The surgery object selection, spinal cord injury are among the most serious level. Why would dare to choose the first surgery in critically ill patients?
                                Daijian Wu said that the first batch of clinical surgery need to assess the safety of operation - if surgery is no obstacle, no major postoperative side effects, it can be said to be safe. This requires completely transected, non-acute phase, the patient is completely hopeless spontaneous recovery. No problem in critically ill patients, other patients surgery, even no problem."

Comment

Yes,they did the procedure in 170 dogs with complete SCI,it shows good results.

Comment

Working...
                                X