Want a Cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a Cure?

Stop the animal studies, there already enough potential proven therapies to take to trial on humans. Demand nothing less, we dont need trial after trial on rats, if researchers want to do animal trials make sure they do it on their dime , not yours or the governments. Dont buy into the nonsense that the FDA will not allow these trials, thats nonsense, its about money. Get angry and aggressively question medical professionals as to their motives, do not take their word for anything.
    Get angry folks or remain useful fools to big Pharma, your choice.

Originally posted by ian View Post
    Stop the animal studies, there already enough potential proven therapies to take to trial on humans. Demand nothing less, we dont need trial after trial on rats, if researchers want to do animal trials make sure they do it on their dime , not yours or the governments. Dont buy into the nonsense that the FDA will not allow these trials, thats nonsense, its about money. Get angry and aggressively question medical professionals as to their motives, do not take their word for anything.
    Maybe you could list the potential proven (paradox?) therapies?

Comment

Epidural stimulators. Now.

Comment

but Epidural stimulation IS in human trials
        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Ok so it's already finished a human trial. Can you tell me how I can get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dlevy View Post
            Ok so it's already finished a human trial. Can you tell me how I can get it?
            You cant. More human study needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post

you feel better after venting your frustrations out on people who are actually living this? and your solution is to tell us to get mad?
              laughable

Comment

Anger is passion. If you're not angry about this slow pace- explain why.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere Man View Post
                  Maybe you could list the potential proven (paradox?) therapies?
                  Wonder what they were...
                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Grammy, how about Dr Jerry Silver's drug?
                    BTW, you are very knowledgable with respect to research. If you had to pick a therapy to test on a human today for a 1 1/2 year old injury, what would you recommend?

Comment

Grammy, how about Dr Jerry Silver's drug?
                      BTW, you are very knowledgable with respect to research. If you had to pick a therapy to test on a human today for a 1 1/2 year old injury, what would you recommend?
                      I would recommend nothing at this time, including Dr. Silver's peptide formulation. The lab is working with the peptide in chronic models to see if they can get good recovery. If they can, we'll know shortly what needs to be combined with the peptide in order to bring all this about. (Additional animal testing)... We have to have something clinically relevant in order to go to human trial.

I believe in do no harm. I want to see perfected stem cell lines, growth factors, scaffolds and potential clean tested drugs injected into larger mammal such as dog, porcine or primate at chronic stage with relevant injury models. I want the animals examined after 6mo - year to see the histology. What was their recovery? Did tumors develop from migrating cells? Did the animals deteriorate and get worse? Did the animals recover really well and get better? Were there complications in other systems of the body? If any were successful, could we put them together and have a superb combo therapy with rehabilitation?

Incidentally, there is more research putting the combo therapies together and testing them in humans. It's costly and time consuming but necessary steps that have to be taken in order to get FDA approval. The answer isn't to stop all SCI research funding and pretend the FDA should or will approve human testing on incomplete research data. The combination of zero funding for research and temper tantrums towards the medical profession will not bring about therapies for the SCI community, in fact it will work quite the opposite.

Comment

I appreciate your explanation. I disagree, I have to live in this misery and would gladly accept the risk of improvement.

Comment

I appreciate your explanation. I disagree, I have to live in this misery and would gladly accept the risk of improvement.
                          Yes, fair enough with gladly accepting the risk of improvement.... Some people however would accept all the risks (including death) and other's feel the gamble just isn't worth it and they wait out the testing phases to see what comes of the various testings. Some resort to overseas cell therapies that have frequently not turned out so well for them. Once you're injected with something, there's no turning back.
                          Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-28-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Here here! Those overseas therapies are crap just injecting stem cells and hoping for something to happen. The logic is well there stem cells so maybe they can fix it hardy har... The epidural stimulator, with this drug hell scaffolds even neural cells and most importantly an abundant effective rigorous regiment of functional physiotherapy that combination is easily worth all that glorious risk and the hundreds of thousands of dollars. If I die, great at least I tried if I become sick or far worse more disabled DNR!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                              Yes, fair enough with gladly accepting the risk of improvement.... .

GRAMMY

How bout we get you some money to start a research of our own? We got therapies and people that are willing to try it, what else we need.

Comment

Working...
                              X