No announcement yet.

Update on Experiments to Restore Function after Chronic SCI: Dr. Jerry Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the average BBB is 12/13 and 3 reached 17.5, 70% recovered very little. They need to figure out what happened with those 3.

Comment

According to the presentation, Dr. Silver has put a team together to work a collaboration for combining the ISP drug for recovery with Liz Bradbury (chondroitinase lenti virus) and Gregoire Courtine which will be doing training with the stimulation and the robotic system in rat models. Silver said the peptide has been sent over to them, but I don't know how the experiments are coming along yet or how far into it they are. Essentially the combo treatment would consist of ISP (daily peptide injection), Ch'ase, Stimulation/Rehab component.

Commercial entities of course are interested and watching closely for the results of the experiments. I would think there would be huge interest and a chance to take this to the clinic if this team comes up with good results and it can then move to a large animal model and also be replicated. These of course are necessary steps along with funding being in place when it's needed.

(ISRT) Spinal Research in the UK and End Paralysis Now of the Netherlands are working on support for Chondroitinase (at large animal testing stage) and U2FP along with others have helped support the ISP drug. Courtine/Edgerton/Harkema continue to work the stimulation/rehab forward with various groups also.

An exact potential roadmap? I don't know of one, but hopefully with favorable winds it's all "forward" for each of the individual pieces that are being funded and supported by lots of different groups and individuals.
      Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-07-2014, 01:28 PM.
      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
        If the average BBB is 12/13 and 3 reached 17.5, 70% recovered very little. They need to figure out what happened with those 3.
        If you watch the diagram of responders it's different on what the animals get back. Some get one function back, some get two and a few lucky ones get all three that they're measuring. Did you see the experiment that Amanda has been involved in with the chronic 6 month models where 3 out of 4 were showing drastic improvements? They're trying to figure it all out and working hard to find the answers.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi everyone, this is great news, do we know why we have to wait 10 years before we get the famous peptide available for us ?..

Comment

Would there be any way to access this drug on the black market?

Comment

Originally posted by Dlevy View Post
              Would there be any way to access this drug on the black market?
              this is a really interesting question. if it really works someone will find a way to synthesize it and try it outside a regulation system.
              if you are asking the question, my guess is other people are wondering about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                this is a really interesting question. if it really works someone will find a way to synthesize it and try it outside a regulation system.
                if you are asking the question, my guess is other people are wondering about it too.
                Certainly! It will be delivered in Latin America, cost $10,000, with no guarantees, because it will do nothing except make you poorer.

The FDA isn't trying to keep us paralyzed, they are trying to keep us from being ripped off or hurt. Maybe that delays research, but it certainly weeds out a lot of snake oil.

Comment

President Obama is organizing a special mission in Yemen to save life of one american citizen from Al Qaida..
                  It is thousands of american citizen, paras and quads, that will be left dying in their own sh** if we have to wait for 10 years to have that peptide available for us..
                  Last edited by George78; 12-07-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
                    Certainly! It will be delivered in Latin America, cost $10,000, with no guarantees, because it will do nothing except make you poorer.

The FDA isn't trying to keep us paralyzed, they are trying to keep us from being ripped off or hurt. Maybe that delays research, but it certainly weeds out a lot of snake oil.
                    C'mon, do you really believe what your writing here? The FDA doesn't know whether to shit or go blind these days, especially with stem cell science going on. They need a total overhaul and an attitude adjustment. What medication or treatment comes with a guarantee ? None.. The only way is to get it out to patients and try it. Snake oil? they market plenty of their own snake oil these days

Comment

So does anyone have any idea if it would be remotely possible to gain access to this drug?

Comment

Btw, I'm working on stem cell treatment in panama. What good is money if I'm miserable? Money means absolutely nothing to me now.

Comment

So does anyone have any idea if it would be remotely possible to gain access to this drug?
                          I'd like to have a good official peer review of that trial and know more about that famous peptide.. Does anyone has access to such kind of paper and post the pdf over here ?.. If it's not too expensive to produce the peptide I guess we can try to replicate the same trial here in Europe..

Comment

Btw, I'm working on stem cell treatment in panama. What good is money if I'm miserable? Money means absolutely nothing to me now.
                            You have no idea what they will be injecting into you, there is substantial risk when you go to a place like that.

Comment

I personally spoke to a few people who went for treatments in Panama, if your talking about the stem cell institute? I applied for treatment there but was turned down, this did piss me off but it does say something for their credibility. People I spoke to were satisfied with treatments

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
                                I personally spoke to a few people who went for treatments in Panama, if your talking about the stem cell institute? I applied for treatment there but was turned down, this did piss me off but it does say something for their credibility. People I spoke to were satisfied with treatments
                                Why did they turn you down?

Comment

Working...
                                X