Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Working 2 Walk Experience Can Be Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James we have flown twice, the only hassles we had were these 3
    1. being treated like you were carrying a bomb took about an extra 15 minutes to get through security
    2. having someone who knows what they are doing transfer you, my wife and I transferred Nick as the attendants looked confused.
    3. will be the last one off the plane, but that is made up by the time you get to the baggage claim ur bags are coming out

hope this helps
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
      I want to go, but Seattle's a pretty far drive, and flying sounds ridiculously difficult for a quadriplegic. I'm going to check the roster see if that can convince me.
      Considering your posts here, I'd really think that'd be great for you to go James if you can afford and manage it!
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Anxiousely wait to hear about epidural stimulation trial progress.

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
          I haven't read any published material either ...I read it in GRAMMYs blog

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy...nt-as-walking/

We need to know more about this ....
          Expect disappontments.

Paolo
          In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
            Muskie, we'll be there so if you have specific questions for someone I'll try to corner them for an answer. Just PM me the list. We'll miss you guys!

I see the dueling scientists will be together again. Grammy, maybe you could arrange a mud wrestle to raise even more funds?
            I wish I could go just to hopefully se a good scientific duel.

Paolo

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
              I haven't read any published material either ...I read it in GRAMMYs blog

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy...nt-as-walking/

We need to know more about this ....
              That's why Dr. Reggie Edgerton has been invited to present his labs work at the Working 2 Walk 2014 Symposium in Seattle and visit with the SCI community there to answer their questions.
              Last edited by GRAMMY; 14 Aug 2014, 9:45 PM.
              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Moi? Evil? How about an evening event with all presenters swallowing zebrafish?

BTW, Seattle=rain=cold=sweatshirts.
                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                  Expect disappontments.

Paolo
                  Which part is the disappointment to you Paolo?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                    Which part is the disappointment to you Paolo?
                    Will see what info will be presented. I just think that in general is a good idea to "expect the worst but hope for the best".

As you know from the info available I don't expect any relevant recovery from UCB+Li+Rehab, same with epidural stimulation.

Paolo

Comment

I moved off topic posts to Members Only.

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                        Will see what info will be presented. I just think that in general is a good idea to "expect the worst but hope for the best".

As you know from the info available I don't expect any relevant recovery from UCB+Li+Rehab, same with epidural stimulation.

Paolo
                        Is that the "groundbreaking trial" where the four guys could move their legs?

Comment

Hi everybody....

last year some people asked for streaming as for many of us, due to travel problems and costs, it was impossible to attend. Streaming seemed a great opportunity to have more people involved....probably last year was too late to organize something like that but what about this year??

Arcy

Comment

Hello Arcy,

No, streaming isn't an option for this large two day scientific symposium and all the various activities. The speakers frequently ask for all recording and communication devices to be shut down and that must be respected for protection of their slides, disclosures, research work, forward looking statements and personal collaborations that haven't been published yet or made public, so that's very understandable.
                            (Working scientific conferences of this nature aren't broadcasted or televised because of this sensitive material). The scientific research video presentation portions of the conference will surely be made available as usual however from speakers that have signed waivers and will allow recordings of their published and perhaps a little of their unpublished data (after their review and chance to edit sensitive material for the internet.) It will all be posted at the U2FP video library as soon as possible after the conference. This years speakers are really fantastic! The conference may have a live blogger there, but we'll have to ask Kate about that!
                            Last edited by GRAMMY; 14 Aug 2014, 9:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                              Is that the "groundbreaking trial" where the four guys could move their legs?
                              Yes, now let's wait after W2W for further discussion if needed.

Paolo

Comment

Travel grants are available for the Working 2 Walk 2014 Symposium in Seattle until the September 5th deadline. Submit your request at this LINK.

Comment

Working...
                                X