Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the sweet words of hope and for the endeavors to be fruitful. No, i will not let any stone be unturned so long as i have the strength and energy to fight for what i believe is curable, SCI!
    In anycase, yes i will provide information about the technique that i underway in Russia, i will ask for them to send me *exactly* what is being done and will post it as it comes back which will be within a day or so.
    Godspeed for a cure
    Godspeed~
    Susan
    www.sciwalker.com

Comment

• Here is some info that i have been reading---http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/ijns/vol1n2/sci.xml
      This sounds very good and as i have stated, the patients are very happy with the procedure in Russia. This is not the informtion that i will await from the producers of Paramount whom have asked if i would like to undergo this technique. Much more will come out of this i believe, Hans Keirstead will also be interviewed.
      Godspeed~
      Susan.
      Last edited by Susan Fajt; 05-21-2007, 02:48 AM.
      Godspeed~
      Susan
      www.sciwalker.com

Comment

• That's good news Susan. If Russia works out for you, I'll be following you ASAP! I need a change of scenery from Montana anyway.

Comment

• I didnt know the Russians were working on a cure. I do know that Iran has been, and have been coordinating with the Russians, but I didnt know Russia itself was conducting the procedures. very interesting.

I just read this thread from start to finish. Do you think Dr. Lima's procedure 'atleast' recovered you into an incomplete SCI person from complete?. You are now able to feel no? a friend of mind is 2 years post and he cant feel a thing. Of course the procedure didnt bounce you back on your feet, but I think theres a lot of people out there that would pay 60k just to feel their bladders and toes again. *shrugs*

Anywho, going to see dr.lima is probably not the best bet because it eliminates you from being a participant here in the states.

I have full confidence in our drs. (young, keirstead, etc) who seem to have a more complex solution to SCI. I still have my eye on India as well, but for the mean time I will work my butt off in rehab.

Comment

• Susan- this is your thread... it means something to those who do care about you, know you mean well- no matter the differences of life choices and ways of- that you respond... as I sure hope if those that only have negative things to say or in response to your endeavors would do so elsewhere, members only forum eh?! Newcomers need guidance to or away from procedures--- often one doesn't read through an entire thread, etc. And I would certainly like to read updates of your search as I know you will never quit doing so. It's been awhile girl, privately or publically- how are you doing? - and any *hints* of good news to share?
            "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

• Hows going?

Comment

• How's going?
                Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
                CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Comment

• Hi could you possibly provide me with an email address for Dr.Carlos Lima?. I have tried researching for one..and dont seem to have much luck- Much appreciation..

Comment

• Originally posted by Naina View Post
                    Hi could you possibly provide me with an email address for Dr.Carlos Lima?. I have tried researching for one..and dont seem to have much luck- Much appreciation..
                    Hi. This is his email:

crlima@clix.pt

If you want you can tell him it was Ferreira from Albergaria-a-velha.

Wish you all the best.
                    Last edited by herrlich; 12-11-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Is Susan still around CC?

Comment

• Your a star- Thank you.
                        It is much appreciated from myself and my partner! We wish you all the luck in the world with your recovery progression.

I shall be emailing the Doc soon as I finish this message-

Take Care Friend.

Comment

• January 13, 2010
                          Susan Rebecca Fajt

Anonymous The Daily Democrat Wed Jan 13, 2010, 09:34 AM CST

Susan Rebecca Fajt of Norman, formerly of the Paoli area, was born June 15, 1977 in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma to John and Kathleen Ranell (Daniels) Fajt. She was raised in Paoli and is a graduate of Norman High School. She has made Norman her home for the past four years.

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/forum/sh...d.php?t=129938
                          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

• I am shocked.
                            I dont know what to say.
                            That was something i was not expecting to know.

Naina, i am sorry about my tricky memory, the email is @clix.pt and not @iol.pt.
                            I have edited the one above so nobody else could take it by mistake.

Comment

• My husband this surgery in 2005. He did the rehab afterwards at RIM in michigan. In 2009 he had to undergo surgery because the stem cells were growing putting pressure on the healthy part of his cord. He has experienced extreme loss of strength to both arms and hands, especially his right side. He had a second surgery for the same reason and might possibly have to have another one soon. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X