Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just returned home from Dr. Lima's procedure!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone has five different procedures, then works his or her ass off in therapy, and makes gains, there is no way to identify what helped, if at all, and to what extent.

Now that I think about it, it wasn't a question.

J.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz
      If someone has five different procedures, then works his or her ass off in therapy, and makes gains, there is no way to identify what helped, if at all, and to what extent.

Now that I think about it, it wasn't a question.

J.

For four years my son has kept a pretty strict regime of daily p.t.- NOT ONLY for day to day health and maintaining his gains [those first couple years and subtle improvements since] BUT FOR THE SAKE OF- when the time comes in his choosing or his being chosen for a "procedure", the question of whether any notible gain is due to medical intervention or his working his ass off ISN'T so much of a question.

Wisey, is this not of the utmost importance in trials, as well choices made with what's available in procedures at this time, to give validation to a certain degree of procedure vs. intensive p.t. thereafter?
      "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Hi Teesieme. I believe the only way as of today to gain return or to stay in shape is by exercise, so doing exercises would be logical to me regardless what the future might hold. I also believe that future procedures have to be accomplished by collaboration and strict follow-up training on rehab centres to be able to stimulate the procedure itselfe for more return. It is a good thing your son is willing to exercise.

Comment

In other words, in our learning through Susan and others who had [are going to have] a procedure...as well studies /or personal stories shared with gain/recovery in retraining through aggressive p.t., one should have a similar p.t. program prior and thereafter to help figure out what contributed to improvements...no/yes?
          "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
            Hi Teesieme. I believe the only way as of today to gain return or to stay in shape is by exercise, so doing exercises would be logical to me regardless what the future might hold. I also believe that future procedures have to be accomplished by collaboration and strict follow-up training on rehab centres to be able to stimulate the procedure itselfe for more return. It is a good thing your son is willing to exercise.

Hi Leif. In agreement with you.

Comment

I have seen this many times before with *rats*, what is the problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzde...elated&search=
              Godspeed~
              Susan
              www.sciwalker.com

Comment

You so Rock Professor!!!

We as a community MUST get this out to the public anyway we can.. I will get it on www.sciwalker.com and myspace.. thank you sweetie, i am right behind ya on your endevors.. Godspeed for a cure~!~ Susan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBsDy...elated&search=
                Godspeed~
                Susan
                www.sciwalker.com

Comment

Hmmmmmm

I think it is outstanding that Dr. Kerr and Dr. Keirstead are doing the above trials on rats which can be seen in the video. The *first* doctor I contacted was Dr. Keirstead and he was not famous so i find this to be a good sign. Perhaps we as a community can help speed this process up and shake the world with clinical trials being used in humans and the paralyzed walking, could you imagine? Kinda biblical if ya think about it... Prayers and answers at last.

Oh yeah, Bethany.. I have had tons of tests done regarding my concerns and am pleased to annouce that i am very healthy, thank you for asking. I wish you a speady recovery, God knows without your health you have nothing. Take your vitamins and stay as active as possible, we need you to help us fight the good fight. Godbless everyone. 7.
                  Godspeed~
                  Susan
                  www.sciwalker.com

Comment

I'm glad to hear it, Susan. Spinal cord tumors are nothing to trifle with, they've put plenty of people in chairs.
                    Blog:
                    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Bethany,

thank you... In anycase, it is not a tumor that put me in this wheelchair nor most people here, threrfore my concern is to help find a way to get out of it. Obviously, many people are in wheelchairs for reasons other than spinal cord injuries, yet most people here are seeking answers as to when we will be cured from this catastrophic situation and put the clinical trials into humans that work so beautifully for rats. (sigh) Jealous of a rat, damn the luck...
                      Godspeed~
                      Susan
                      www.sciwalker.com

Comment

sci

Does anyone have any information about the clinic in Germany ( x-cell center) that treats patients with spinal cord injury with their own stem cells taken from the bone marrow?

Comment

Hi dguintu

Check this link and speak with Rich.

/forum/showthread.php?t=80405&highlight=germany

please come back to report
                          http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Hello, it's been awile...

I have been asked to be in a video documentary and with this comes a possible trip to Russia where i have been told that they are having amazing results... This is an awesome opportunity for me to find out more info and possibly undergo another stem cell adenture in hopes of more returned function!!! I have been told that four doctors are working very hard here in the USA and i will know much, much more as time passes within the months to come. My hope is that what i have heard will hold true and I too will be standing/walking with no assistance! I will provide more information as i am in direct contact with several patients. Maybe i will be a guinea pig *again*, lol.. Everyone please help guide me for the documentary, thanks as this will help us move forward! The best opportunities for us would be awesome. Mush luck to us all...xxx
                            Godspeed for a cure~
                            Susan.

btw- thanks for the info on the german endeavors very much!!!
                            Just got back from another interesting journey, therefore i have not been able to do much.. Lots to catch up on as always...(sigh of relief to be back home and preparing to go again) I will speak in more detail later as i am totally exhausted, for real!
                            Godspeed~
                            Susan
                            www.sciwalker.com

Comment

Glad you are still at it Susan and able to keep up the hands on pursuit. We will all look forward to your updates as the quest continues for a way out. Hopefully before some of us are too old to take advantage.
                              I used to do all i could to turn every stone but eventually ran out of money and had to go back to work. Uugh! Anyway, LOL for now and best wishes.

Chris

Comment

susan f. is there anything further you are able to share with whats going on in russia and where? thanks for any info.

Comment

Working...
                                X