• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathy65
    replied
    Thank you very much, it does.
    Kathy
    Originally posted by mk99:

Kathy, locking a thread is not something done on a whim or "just for fun". Usually the criteria for locking a thread is:

1. If a thread is deterioriating badly
    2. Has turned into some kind of flame war
    3. Even after repeated requests to "take it easy", it continues to deterioriate

Locking the thread can be like breaking up a fight between children. They are free to discuss things again in another thread... hopefully where cooler heads will prevail.

hope this answers your question.

Leave a comment:

• mk99
    replied
    Kathy, locking a thread is not something done on a whim or "just for fun". Usually the criteria for locking a thread is:

1. If a thread is deterioriating badly
    2. Has turned into some kind of flame war
    3. Even after repeated requests to "take it easy", it continues to deterioriate

Locking the thread can be like breaking up a fight between children. They are free to discuss things again in another thread... hopefully where cooler heads will prevail.

hope this answers your question.

Leave a comment:

• Kathy65
    replied
    Thank you for the tip. I am new at posting and I didn't realize there was a special way to post. I see your point. It's easier to follow the progress this way. This is a great informative site, and I don't want to lose my posting privliges.

By the way. Why do they lock threads, and what exactly does locking the threads mean? I've read about locking the thread, but it's vague to me.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Originally posted by Wise Young:

Everybody, please remember, attack the post and not the person.

Andrew, will you please stop implying that any of the posts regarding inclined bed therapy has been censored. None have been censored and your treatment has received an enormous amount of attention on these forums. Your suggestion that free speech is being threatened here is inappropriate.

Kathy65, you are of course free to post your experience here. In fact, I think that it would be good if people would debate the merits of the therapy on other threads. You should try to put all your posts on your progress in a single thread rather than in multiple topics, so that somebody who searches for the experience can see it all in one place.

Wise.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew K Fletcher
    replied
    Wise

My comment was not directed at the forum, but at those that would like this thread locked or even removed. As stated openly in their previous posts. Why they do this or what they hope to achieve by doing this is beyond me.

I do not blame the moderators for locking the threads, as the policy is clear. I do however wish to point out the intent of the recent posts from certain individuals, which will inevitably result in this thread being locked also.

I have expressed my gratitude to you and others, several times for allowing me to share my research with people who are genuinely interested on this forum.

Personally, I don't mind the personal attacks, and find them interesting and even amusing at times, but this forum should not go the way of the open newsgroups, and controls you have in place at least appear to keep the content of this site in relative order.

Your point to Kathy about keeping all her information in one place is a reasonable point. It was my intention to keep all of the information on the main two threads that are now locked, for the same reason, so that experiences are not lost or ignored under obscure headings.

Andrew

"Go With The Flow"

Leave a comment:

• Wise Young
    replied
    Everybody, please remember, attack the post and not the person.

Andrew, will you please stop implying that any of the posts regarding inclined bed therapy has been censored. None have been censored and your treatment has received an enormous amount of attention on these forums. Your suggestion that free speech is being threatened here is inappropriate.

Kathy65, you are of course free to post your experience here. In fact, I think that it would be good if people would debate the merits of the therapy on other threads. You should try to put all your posts on your progress in a single thread rather than in multiple topics, so that somebody who searches for the experience can see it all in one place.

Wise.

Leave a comment:

• crazynurse
    replied
    [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by defiler:

Seeing this level of pure ignorance & the moderators NOT MODERATING made me realize, natural selection. Most if not all of the people doing the bashing are crippled & ignorant (for their sake hopefully blisfully). Maybe you were destine to be injured. Perhaps, with your piss poor attitudes you would've wound up that way anyway. Enjoy your sinful ways. In the end, even if there is a CURE ALL cure, those of you continuing your ways will either not be able to get the cure or it simply won't work. You'll see. THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING.
    Pure ignorance, eh? And what lofty precipice of intellegence do you live on to make such far reaching statements? Destined to be injured? Maybe considering my lifestyle pre-SCI, but I knew the risks and accepted them. Sinful ways? What the heck are you talking about? Just because some of us have the background and savvy to not be duped by an obviously questionable theory, and dont take "just try it, its FREE" as a resonable explanation as to why we should do the bidding of a 'researcher' that conducts his study via an internet message board, does not make us ignorant as you so poignantly accuse.

Besides, I am kind of having a good 'ol time seeing what kind of phlegm Fletch presents as rebuttals to our questioning [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Andy, the Sophomoric Hater
    (Soon to be told by some to 'talk to the hand')

Leave a comment:

• Max
    replied
    Members of Carecure

Those who are not interested in Fletchers or Acid posts:

Simple solution-just ignore them...Don't start bla...bla..bla like old "Babushkas" [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eventually if there will not be any interest threads will go down

Leave a comment:

• defiler
    replied
    Dusty,
    My thoughts exactly.
    Time to let the hatred pour on to me. I check in here&there and the same few people are making "sophomoric insults" and it really is REPULSIVE.
    Seeing this level of pure ignorance & the moderators NOT MODERATING made me realize, natural selection. Most if not all of the people doing the bashing are crippled & ignorant (for their sake hopefully blisfully). Maybe you were destine to be injured. Perhaps, with your piss poor attitudes you would've wound up that way anyway. Enjoy your sinful ways. In the end, even if there is a CURE ALL cure, those of you continuing your ways will either not be able to get the cure or it simply won't work. You'll see. THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING.

Leave a comment:

• W. Justin Martin
    replied
    posted Jun 25, 2003 10:38 PM
    you know- the cries of free speech are bandied around everywhere, but few people realize what the idea of free speech refers to, so here is the $.05 version

the idea of free speech in the US Constitution comes from the idea of speech not being controlled by the government- private forums can and are regularly controlled for content, and that is their right

the gov't should not quash freedom of expression, but private forums can limit as much speech as they want to limit- this being a private forum, your cries of free speech are unwarranted, especiaslly since people pay good money for you to be distasteful; your cred. diminishes each time you post some ridiculous crap like that...

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
    - Allen Ginsburg

Leave a comment:

• arzino
    replied
    tripe indeed...tripe is the juvenile banter that continues to swirl around this subject. i mean, c'mon...this is like a flashback to junior high! we know how you feel about fletch's theory...enough with the sophomoric insults...they serve no purpose other than perhaps to vent your pent up rage and demoralize others.
    the concerns expressed by skeptics are definitely valid, appreciated, and
    important to consider. however, the pugilistic attitudes are unnecessary and the condescending tones are repulsive. so you've been here longer...you've made more posts...great...you've seen stuff come and go...great...you've made significant contributions..wonderful. i respect this. but, 1,000 posts are no more important than one...and the person who has posted 1,000 times is no more worthy of respect than the person who has posted once.

i'm interested in this theory and the results experienced by those trying it. i only wish i didn't have to wade through all the self-righteous diatribes in order hear what those trying the inclined bed have to say.

dusty
    ps--if any haters decide to quote me...please quote the entire post so nothing is taken out of context. thanks

Leave a comment:

• Andrew K Fletcher
    replied
    And what happened to free speech?

How long before this thread gets locked also????????????????

Andrew

"Go With The Flow"

Leave a comment:

• Schmeky
    replied
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

As an engineer, I find your postings absurd.

If we collectively stop posting, this thread will go away. This is my first and last response to this foolishness.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew K Fletcher:

My wife asks, why do I even bother replying to people like you?
    Because no one else will talk to you? (Of course there are the exceptions of those people that show up when you do that Debbie7 mentioned)

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew K Fletcher:

, suggests that the physiology books might need a little revision with regards to dealing with oedema.

<SNIP>

also suggests some errors in published literature.
    ROTFLMAO! I bet I can get two people to say that that the earth is flat, then we can revise all the published literature about it being round too. Hey Fletch, you have any people that believe the world is flat? (Maybe you can find some amongst the supporters (if any) of your dumping sewage on coastlines theory?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X