Mr. Fletchers thread/inclined bed study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Fletchers thread/inclined bed study

I am trying to find the progress thread for the inclined bed study for SCI. I seem to be finding more of discussions on the cure site. I am participating in the study and would like to post my progress.

Thanks,
    Kathy

[This message was edited by seneca on 06-05-03 at 04:30 PM.]

Now this guy is a doctor????? This baffles me. Come on people - he's been doing this since 1994!! Have you heard of anybody being "cured"?

Comment

There are numerous Andrew K. Fletcher threads floating around, and you could look up his profile to find an e-mail address to forward them. I'm sure he will be glad to share them w/ everyone else.

BTW did Andrew K. Fletcher run off and get his MD or PhD when we weren't looking..."Dr. Fletcher?"

Comment

My mistake, I did mean Andrew Fletcher, I did not intend to create any hostility. Sorry.

Thanks,
        Kathy

Comment

Wow, people are starting to assume this guy is a Dr. now? Interesting. Out of curiousity, where did you hear about him? Was it here or on that other SCI board he copys and pastes stuff from this board onto? I am kind of wondering how many new members are going to show up here with new 'results' from his 'study'.

Comment

I'd like to say I did make a mistake on the Dr. title. I know he's not a Dr. but I had Dr. on my mind I guess after reading other posts on Doctors. I've been reading about his reasearch, and I'm aware he's a scientist. Also, I found out about this on the Carecure site.

Why all the hostility? I can't see this study hurting anybody, it's free, and if nothing is gained by it I can't even say it was a waste of time as I sleep while I'm at an incline.

Cheer up[img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
            Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy65:

Also, I found out about this on the Carecure site.
              Welcome to the site, again I guess. I did find it interesting that you posted this question having been here already...

I am trying to find the progress thread for the inclined bed study for SCI.
              And with this statement which sounds awfully familiar...

Why all the hostility? I can't see this study hurting anybody, it's free,
              My internet Troll detector went off [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard!

Andy

Comment

He may be a self-proclaimed scientist, but he has no real credentials.

Here is what annoys me about Fletch, he is preying on SCIs from this site who are desperate for a cure, willing to try anything. Granted there is no cost, but serious medical complications can arise. He is offering medical advice and refusing to address legitimate concerns. HE HAS NO MEDICAL OR SCIENTIFIC CREDENTIALS.

Comment

Kathy, no worries. I'll change the address from "Dr" to "Mr" for you.

Welcome to CareCure by the way. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by cjo:

He may be a self-proclaimed scientist, but he has no real credentials.

Here is what annoys me about Fletch, he is preying on SCIs from this site who are desperate for a cure, willing to try anything. Granted there is no cost, but serious medical complications can arise. He is offering medical advice and refusing to address legitimate concerns. HE HAS NO MEDICAL OR SCIENTIFIC CREDENTIALS.
                    I am curious to what complications can occur.

I am a quadriplegic and I can't afford any health trouble, and do you know how soon they occur.

Thanks,
                    Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by seneca:

Kathy, no worries. I'll change the address from "Dr" to "Mr" for you.

Welcome to CareCure by the way. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                      Thank you,
                      Kathy

Comment

Kathy here are the links:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17679

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17404

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17427

Please consult with your doctor before undertaking this study. Some of the side effects like increased swelling, joint inflammation and pain can be dangerous for those with spinal cord injuries who are at an increased risk for developing edema and DVT.

Comment

Originally posted by seneca:

Kathy here are the links:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17679

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17404

Thanks again,
                          I'll check out the links.
                          Kathy

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17427

Please consult with your doctor before undertaking this study. Some of the side effects like increased swelling, joint inflammation and pain can be dangerous for those with spinal cord injuries who are at an increased risk for developing edema and DVT.

Comment

Hello all the people having a go at Andrew.
                            I HAVE A s/i L1-L2 L4-L5 for the first eight years I had horrendous phantom pains and could only sleep with cyclamorph injections, self catheratised, and bowels din't work either. No feeling or movement from the waist down. Afriend gave me a cutting from a local paper about the raised bed. Being unlike most of the people on this thread I DID have a go and the first night there was no pain, sand after another 2years I can pee bowels working,feeling and movement fine, I am going to run out of space. Try 8 inches that is what worked with me. Andrew is not a Doctor or a Scientist and he is certainly not a Banker spelt with a W.
                            I wish you all the very best
                            John

John Cann
                            John Cann

Comment

John,

I don't want to contradict your personal experience. However, what you say cannot be true for most people who have neuropathic pain. If neuropathic pain can be so easily eliminated and within one night, we would be seeing thousands of reports of this. Lots of people sleep on a slight incline. If neuropathic pain does respond to gravity like this, there would not be such skepticism. Likewise, if sleeping on a 8-inch incline brought back bladder function, sensory function, and motor function, we would have thousands of people saying that it works. I am skeptical.

Wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X