Mr. Fletchers thread/inclined bed study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kathy65,

I can be rude and assuming at times. However, it makes my blood boil when someone raises hopes for people with SCI when they know good and well that the supposed therapy is tripe.

Deb
    "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

Deb,
      How do you know this study is tripe? Have you tried it? If so, for how long? The study is at each persons own free will, no one is forcing me. I's not hurting me either. I tried to participate in the 4-AP study last winter, but was refused, as I don't have enough sensation below my lesion. I see no difference in the studies. If you detest this so much why do you read the threads? I just do not understand your personal anger toward this study. As for hope, don't you want to have hope? I do. If I could eliminate uti's or have better circulation, I'd be very happy. I will never know if I don't try, so please try to be a little more open minded.

Kathy

Originally posted by Debbie7:

Kathy65,

I can be rude and assuming at times. However, it makes my blood boil when someone raises hopes for people with SCI when they know good and well that the supposed therapy is tripe.

Deb

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy65:

I tried to participate in the 4-AP study last winter, but was refused, as I don't have enough sensation below my lesion. I see no difference in the studies.
        Kathy,

There is a huge difference between 4AP and this inclined bed 'theory.' There are people with credentials overseeing the 4AP trials(FDA ring a bell?). Fletcher doesn't have the educational background nor the funds to initiate a proper clinical trial, so he is preying on people here and trying to 'prove' his 'theory' through anecdotal changes posted on a WebBoard - hardly scientific.

I invite you to read through all of these threads and read what Wise has to say concerning this. Who do you trust more - DR. Wise Young, or some guy seeking a patent on something he has been working on for 9 years? I'll stick with the guy who has specifically been working on SCI for over 20 years. The fact that he has a Ph.D. and he's an MD also should help.

Comment

Fletch (glad to see you have a sense of humor about the name thing!) thanks for the lesson on Jewish medical ethics. You learn something new everyday! I just still have no idea how one makes the leap from that to "raising the head of your bed can reverse SCI" is all.

And Kathy, good luck to you and all that, but if you can't see the difference between this study and the 4-AP clinical trial then it's beyond explanation. As long as this works for you, it doesn't cause any harm, it's simple (and free!), then no one is telling you don't try it. Just understand that Fletch has yet to prove to many of us that it actually does what he has speculated...reverse SCI. I mean, has anyone else besides John Cann walked after using this therapy and most importantly, how are you proving that it was a direct result of this therapy? Objectively I mean, not anecdotally.

Comment

What was that woman's name a few years back?

Oh, yeah - Susan Powder.

Remember her tag line?

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

....that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure played a mean pinball...The Who.

I feel like that kid when I read the TRIPE (good word Deb) written on this thread...

I mean c'mon I'm as open minded as anyone but this is borderline hysterical.

Thanks for the laughs AKF. Maybe you're friends with the Vigils????

I can see it now "Neuralyn and an inclined bed cures sci!"

ROFLMAO!

Comment

Kathy65,

You're right I will quit reading these threads. False hope and fake therapy is not only emotionally devastating but can also cause harm. I have DVT. It would be very detrimental for me to sleep at an incline.

Deb
              "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew K Fletcher:

, suggests that the physiology books might need a little revision with regards to dealing with oedema.

<SNIP>

also suggests some errors in published literature.
                ROTFLMAO! I bet I can get two people to say that that the earth is flat, then we can revise all the published literature about it being round too. Hey Fletch, you have any people that believe the world is flat? (Maybe you can find some amongst the supporters (if any) of your dumping sewage on coastlines theory?)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew K Fletcher:

My wife asks, why do I even bother replying to people like you?
                  Because no one else will talk to you? (Of course there are the exceptions of those people that show up when you do that Debbie7 mentioned)

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

As an engineer, I find your postings absurd.

If we collectively stop posting, this thread will go away. This is my first and last response to this foolishness.

Comment

And what happened to free speech?

How long before this thread gets locked also????????????????

Andrew

"Go With The Flow"
                      Find us on Facebook using inclined bed therapy as a search term.
                      sigpic

Comment

tripe indeed...tripe is the juvenile banter that continues to swirl around this subject. i mean, c'mon...this is like a flashback to junior high! we know how you feel about fletch's theory...enough with the sophomoric insults...they serve no purpose other than perhaps to vent your pent up rage and demoralize others.
                        the concerns expressed by skeptics are definitely valid, appreciated, and
                        important to consider. however, the pugilistic attitudes are unnecessary and the condescending tones are repulsive. so you've been here longer...you've made more posts...great...you've seen stuff come and go...great...you've made significant contributions..wonderful. i respect this. but, 1,000 posts are no more important than one...and the person who has posted 1,000 times is no more worthy of respect than the person who has posted once.

i'm interested in this theory and the results experienced by those trying it. i only wish i didn't have to wade through all the self-righteous diatribes in order hear what those trying the inclined bed have to say.

dusty
                        ps--if any haters decide to quote me...please quote the entire post so nothing is taken out of context. thanks

Comment

posted Jun 25, 2003 10:38 PM
                          you know- the cries of free speech are bandied around everywhere, but few people realize what the idea of free speech refers to, so here is the $.05 version

the idea of free speech in the US Constitution comes from the idea of speech not being controlled by the government- private forums can and are regularly controlled for content, and that is their right

the gov't should not quash freedom of expression, but private forums can limit as much speech as they want to limit- this being a private forum, your cries of free speech are unwarranted, especiaslly since people pay good money for you to be distasteful; your cred. diminishes each time you post some ridiculous crap like that...

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
                          - Allen Ginsburg
                          "I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
                          - Allen Ginsburg

Comment

Dusty,
                            My thoughts exactly.
                            Time to let the hatred pour on to me. I check in here&there and the same few people are making "sophomoric insults" and it really is REPULSIVE.
                            Seeing this level of pure ignorance & the moderators NOT MODERATING made me realize, natural selection. Most if not all of the people doing the bashing are crippled & ignorant (for their sake hopefully blisfully). Maybe you were destine to be injured. Perhaps, with your piss poor attitudes you would've wound up that way anyway. Enjoy your sinful ways. In the end, even if there is a CURE ALL cure, those of you continuing your ways will either not be able to get the cure or it simply won't work. You'll see. THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING.
                            "Failure is impossible"

Comment

Members of Carecure

Those who are not interested in Fletchers or Acid posts:

Simple solution-just ignore them...Don't start bla...bla..bla like old "Babushkas" [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eventually if there will not be any interest threads will go down
                              http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store

Comment

Originally posted by defiler:

Seeing this level of pure ignorance & the moderators NOT MODERATING made me realize, natural selection. Most if not all of the people doing the bashing are crippled & ignorant (for their sake hopefully blisfully). Maybe you were destine to be injured. Perhaps, with your piss poor attitudes you would've wound up that way anyway. Enjoy your sinful ways. In the end, even if there is a CURE ALL cure, those of you continuing your ways will either not be able to get the cure or it simply won't work. You'll see. THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING.
                                Pure ignorance, eh? And what lofty precipice of intellegence do you live on to make such far reaching statements? Destined to be injured? Maybe considering my lifestyle pre-SCI, but I knew the risks and accepted them. Sinful ways? What the heck are you talking about? Just because some of us have the background and savvy to not be duped by an obviously questionable theory, and dont take "just try it, its FREE" as a resonable explanation as to why we should do the bidding of a 'researcher' that conducts his study via an internet message board, does not make us ignorant as you so poignantly accuse.

Besides, I am kind of having a good 'ol time seeing what kind of phlegm Fletch presents as rebuttals to our questioning [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Andy, the Sophomoric Hater
                                (Soon to be told by some to 'talk to the hand')

Comment

Working...
                                X