Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I believe this is one of the latest findings coming out of the Edgerton lab that I put on the blog a week ago. LINK: I may have forgotten to post it here but Dr. Edgerton talked about this latest discovery at W2W 2014 in Seattle.
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

    Comment


      Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
      I knew years ago there was something behind Epidural Stimulation and that it could help out in "SOME" cases. The main question is can it help out in a true proven long term complete injury? I will believe that when I see it. I would be shocked if it did, pardon the pun. I do believe it would make a difference in newer incompletes for sure, I have no trouble believing that.
      What do you consider long term? The four guys in the Louisville study were as complete as you can get, I believe the longest after injury was 4 years.

      Comment


        Originally posted by tomsonite View Post
        What do you consider long term? The four guys in the Louisville study were as complete as you can get, I believe the longest after injury was 4 years.
        The newest group being recruited to undergo testing in Louisville (36) are all supposed to be again be severe completes as well from what I understand and they'll be getting the implanted subcutaneous 16 electrode pain stimulator from Medtronic.

        We're not hearing anything much on how the whole "incomplete" pieces will fair out in the tests. Much more on that will be learned when the transcutaneous trials actually start recruiting with NeuroRecovery Technologies Inc.

        Here's the latest video with Dr. Reggie Edgerton explaining the science and where they're going. LINK:
        Last edited by GRAMMY; 10 Nov 2014, 4:42 PM.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

        Comment


          http://www.burke.org/media/news/2014...rch-grant-from/


          journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fnint.2014.00051/pdf


          I have not seen any posts on Jason Carmel even though he talked at the last open house. We need comment on him.
          Finbar


          Comment


            The video's sound is almost inaudible when I play it. Anyone else have the same problem?

            Comment


              Originally posted by mamadavid View Post
              The video's sound is almost inaudible when I play it. Anyone else have the same problem?

              Same here, had to put earphones in to hear it

              Comment


                I've been wondering if one can get SCS for the SCI, i asked some doctors if they see this justified by the fact that this is a regular pain procedure in todays medicine, but they still don't accept it for another indication.

                I contacted Beike and asked if i can have SCS but not stem cells, which i am not comfortable to take mainly becasue of safety concerns. they replied positively, a patient do not have to take cells, but they think it is better to combine both.

                I am still exchanging emails to find out if they have the specifications and the particular physiotherapy protocols used in clinical trials. Actually, I don't know if that plays an important role, but it would be encouraging because i think it indicates that they know what they are doing, and not just copy paste what is done for pain patients.

                any thoughts are appreciated.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                  There's at least 5 more years of study in all the stated categories that are being launched and funded in the Louisville research project so they can get the needed data and confirmation in all the categories they've described in their literature. To even make guesses and state an exact dollar amount after only 4 preliminary proof in concept participants with neuromodulation would be silly.
                  Would you also answer this way to a potential investor?

                  I know of a potential investor who could put few millions to support the trial that has asked questions like this..

                  Then you said: "It isn't pretty obvious there's been a market analysis completed along with payer reimbursements calculated for the known market size?"

                  So do you think is it obvious or is it silly?

                  Paolo
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by c473s View Post
                    The stimulation work that is the basis for Harkema's study has roots several years back by others. The bottom line is the stimulation excites nerve pathways that are left after cord contusion to a level where they activate from what appears to be a dormant state or close to it. There has not been any new spinal cord growth.
                    I am happy you pointed that out, as in the past some people have been thinking this approcah induce some regeneration.
                    If I had done it I suspect it would have been taken as "negativity" or things like that

                    Paolo
                    Last edited by paolocipolla; 13 Nov 2014, 8:03 PM.
                    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mamadavid View Post
                      The video's sound is almost inaudible when I play it. Anyone else have the same problem?
                      Now it works well for me.

                      Paolo
                      In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                      Comment


                        I was being factual. Many times your word framing is very negative whether you realize it or not.

                        Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                        I am happy you pointed that out, as in the past some people have been thinking this approcah induce some regeneration.
                        If I had done it I suspect it would have been taken as "negativity" or things like that

                        Paolo

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                          Would you also answer this way to a potential investor?

                          Serious? Why would I waste time worrying about hypothetical investor verbiage when I don't own such a company to begin with?

                          I know of a potential investor who could put few millions to support the trial that would ask such questions like this..

                          Oh. How fortunate knowing rich & famous jet setter folks that could ask hypothetical questions. Yah baby!!!

                          Then you said: "It isn't pretty obvious there's been a market analysis completed along with payer reimbursements calculated for the known market size?"

                          So do you think is it obvious or is it silly?

                          Humm...BOTH actually. It's obvious silliness. It's a moot point since I doubt you know a VC and you're certainly not capable of ever landing one. You're WAY out of your league.

                          Paolo
                          Oh my, the Lamborghini and Bill Gates talk now ...
                          Last edited by GRAMMY; 16 Nov 2014, 11:46 PM.
                          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by c473s View Post
                            I was being factual. Many times your word framing is very negative whether you realize it or not.
                            Ok, but maybe there has been a reason for that, for example, your posts about Invivo sometimes have been negative in the past, but I think it was good that you have been critical with invivo as clearly you know something more than most people who can read just info available in press releases mostly made to attract investors in the stock market.
                            Some people maybe didn't like your negativity about Invivo...

                            I use to be very positive in the past, but then I realized that there are negative things that need to be exposed to make positive changes happen.

                            Sometimes I may have been too negative, but sometimes I was just saying what needed to be said as you have been doing with Invivo.

                            Paolo
                            In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                            Comment


                              Skepticism and negativity are different to me. Scaffolds of any type that I have read about so far have failed to excite me. Some business models continue to frighten me. The part I have yet to be unable to discern in many public companies is motive whether bottom line is the driver or the belief that what they are selling is real. With all the noise around the restructuring that has occurred at Invivo by so many different factions it somewhat confirms that the structure and personalities were not the correct combination. Do you think they have it right this time ?

                              Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                              Ok, but maybe there has been a reason for that, for example, your posts about Invivo sometimes have been negative in the past, but I think it was good that you have been critical with invivo as clearly you know something more than most people who can read just info available in press releases mostly made to attract investors in the stock market.
                              Some people maybe didn't like your negativity about Invivo...

                              I use to be very positive in the past, but then I realized that there are negative things that need to be exposed to make positive changes happen.

                              Sometimes I may have been too negative, but sometimes I was just saying what needed to be said as you have been doing with Invivo.

                              Paolo

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by c473s View Post
                                Skepticism and negativity are different to me. Scaffolds of any type that I have read about so far have failed to excite me. Some business models continue to frighten me. The part I have yet to be unable to discern in many public companies is motive whether bottom line is the driver or the belief that what they are selling is real. With all the noise around the restructuring that has occurred at Invivo by so many different factions it somewhat confirms that the structure and personalities were not the correct combination. Do you think they have it right this time ?
                                I agree that skepticism and negativity are different. I think sometimes the border might be difficult to identify or might depend on personal opinions..

                                About Invivo I am still skeptical, but it seems they have made progress in getting better people in the right position.. I hope the company will survive which means they will have positive results, but I think they will survive just if the scaffold will provide some recovery also in chronic SCI, bacause that will give them a much bigger market.

                                Paolo
                                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X