Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niallel View Post
    Is it exactly the same, no. But will what comes out of the CDRF trial be the same as they are testing with today - no.

The difference is these clinics are offering estim today, how long will you have to wait until something comes out of these trials? Too ******* long.
    May good fortune be with you then
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
      May good fortune be with you then
      Thanks, I think good fortune would be they make whats been trialed so far available for compassionate use.

Comment

Thanks, I think good fortune would be they make whats been trialed so far available for compassionate use.
        If you want a Medtronic pain stimulator implanted, you can be tested and implanted by Dr. Justin Brown if he thinks you're a good candidate for it.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
          If you want a Medtronic pain stimulator implanted, you can be tested and implanted by Dr. Justin Brown if he thinks you're a good candidate for it.
          Will he implement it the same way as the ones in the trials?

Comment

Will he implement it the same way as the ones in the trials?
            You'd have to consult with Dr. Brown.
            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
              You'd have to consult with Dr. Brown.
              Thanks, email sent, not going to hold my breath, but if its an option I think I'd rather try this than something in Thailand.

Comment

There are substantial difference between simply implanting a Medtronic stimulator. The stuff Edgerton and Co are doing involves more electrodes, multiple frequencies and very specific waveforms. I think this shortfall of China/Thailand is demonstrated in the one guy who posted to Facebook that the Medtronic implant allowed him to move his leg in a "controlled spasm" way. With the stimulator on he would try to flex his abs while taking a breath or something and then his knee would come up. That is *not* what subjects in the Edgerton studies describe at all.
                T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Working...
                X