Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
    Haha I asked dad last night if he dad anything around he wanted to start shocking me with
    You best be real careful about that. He may head out to the barn and get grandpa's old cattle prod from 50 years ago! They are HOT!!
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
      You best be real careful about that. He may head out to the barn and get grandpa's old cattle prod from 50 years ago! They are HOT!!
      That is the first thing that came out of his mouth haha. "I can go to the truck and get the hotshot!". His second suggestion was get in your chair and go grab the bull fence. Been hit with both and between the two I will take the hotshot. That fence is a bad bad motha.

Comment

That is the first thing that came out of his mouth haha. "I can go to the truck and get the hotshot!". His second suggestion was get in your chair and go grab the bull fence. Been hit with both and between the two I will take the hotshot. That fence is a bad bad motha.
        I'm the opposite. I saw the fence coming up with both hands but never saw the hotshot from behind.

Comment

I was going to have Danny give a Cop a bad time in the hope that he would get tazed!

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
            I was going to have Danny give a Cop a bad time in the hope that he would get tazed!
            I actually thought about that. Lay on my stomach and let somebody to hit me with one in the lower back haha.

Comment

Ironically my ex was into fixing electronics and could wire a house but wasn't licensed ... (damn I miss his handiness!) ... but he always compared the spinal cord to an electrical cord. I can't believe the b@$t@rd gets to be right! For once.

We used to joke about what seems to be happening now.
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                Ironically my ex was into fixing electronics and could wire a house but wasn't licensed ... (damn I miss his handiness!) ... but he always compared the spinal cord to an electrical cord. I can't believe the b@$t@rd gets to be right! For once.

We used to joke about what seems to be happening now.
                Maybe twice, he chose you too didn't he.

Comment

Well, he also left the country - and me - that was the right decision for both. lol Six years this past March though we've been emailing on/off now for the past 16 months. He wanted to come 'home' twice and I almost gave in, but nope. We've both become harder people. Same issues.

If I was a thoughtless, vengeful person (and I do try to shove her down, way down with the lid on tight), I'd be happy to report that he is extremely unhappy with his life with not many friends. I hate that I let him ruin my appetite (errr attitude) for anyone else ... but I also value my solitude, my peace and my sanity more.

Anyway, when do we hook ourselves up to car batteries? Blueprints? Kidding -
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                    Well, he also left the country - and me - that was the right decision for both. lol Six years this past March though we've been emailing on/off now for the past 16 months. He wanted to come 'home' twice and I almost gave in, but nope. We've both become harder people. Same issues.

If I was a thoughtless, vengeful person (and I do try to shove her down, way down with the lid on tight), I'd be happy to report that he is extremely unhappy with his life with not many friends. I hate that I let him ruin my appetite (errr attitude) for anyone else ... but I also value my solitude, my peace and my sanity more.

Anyway, when do we hook ourselves up to car batteries? Blueprints? Kidding -
                    On a serious note, I do have RTI stim bikes and a super high frequency Russian stim. I'll try it on myself for a few weeks to make sure it's safe and then maybe try it on Danny. I will let you know.

Comment

Were all 5 of those subjects incompletes?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                        Were all 5 of those subjects incompletes?
                        Motor Complete. Asia B. Injuries post 2-6 years.

He hasn't started yet on the incompletes according to what I've read in the LINKs I provided in the previous post. Sorry, you must have missed reading all the articles we're talking about. The blog story was about complete injury folks getting transcutaneous treatments.

Five men undergo non-invasive (transcutaneous) stimulation research at UCLA laboratory
                        Last edited by GRAMMY; 3 Aug 2015, 5:46 AM. Reason: forgot to add the relevant links

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
                          On a serious note, I do have RTI stim bikes and a super high frequency Russian stim. I'll try it on myself for a few weeks to make sure it's safe and then maybe try it on Danny. I will let you know.
                          Except you'd also be missing the important pharmaceutical motor enabling intervention component. They did a monoaminergic agonist treatment, Buspirone 7.5mg a couple times each day for a month.

Comment

I guess I dont understand the definition of motor function because the video shows a slight oscillation before treatment and before stimulation. Its more than I can do, therefore IMO its motor function.

Comment

like Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers movies says: "GET IN MAH BELLY !" all this hopeful talk about Epidural stimulation makes me want to say: "GET IN MAH SPINE!" in a fat bastard voice
                              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I need to let my doc know about my anxiety problem. Get me some Buspirone.

Comment

Working...
                                X